Dan Harding - Released

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I thought he was gutless.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Good player. Quality left foot. A little shaky at times defensively but he was young, so I would imagine he has improved.

Unfortunately a little out of our league now I would imagine for a permanent deal, would have thought he is looking to stay in the Championship.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Blimey look at the flamin he's getting here.
He is a local lad who has represented his Country at U21 level and tried to progress his career...
Having stated those facts he is a complete twat, thinks he is bigger than us and I hope he never has the honour of wearing the shirt again.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
He divided opinion while he was here, if I recall. I was never a fan - he tended to overplay rather than clear his lines and got caught more than once, resulting in goals against. A home game against Stoke sticks out particularly for me.

McNulty looks a much better player, if he can get fit. I'd take Borrowdale ahead of Harding too.

Although I like McNulty, I think the overplaying argument can be applied to him too, he just didn't get caught out in the few games he played before his injury.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Dan Harding is anything but arrogant.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Harding was never shit lets get the straight just because a player chooses to leave does not mean they go down as shit the second they leave (same as Lynch). He saw a chance to better himself but went about it in the wrong way we moved on.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would be good as cover for McNulty - a lot would depend on whether it was felt young Cook was up for the job or not. Of course, the 'never go back' rule has to be kept in mind - but then again, Virgo hasn't done too bad, has he?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Harding = Lynch

Surely now, of all times, it's time to look forward. No more "let's get X, Y or Z" back threads. They moved on, for whatever reason, we're moving on and I personally don't want to look back. Lots of great players out there who will now be desparate to play for us - lets choose from the whole market and not keep buyig back players who were never as good as our misty eyed optimism and reinvention of history might suggest.

New Manager
New Chairman
New Future

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I liked him and he was a very inexperiencd young lb in a team that was getting run ragged week in week out in a weak team a league higher than we are now. Who actually looked classy and up to scratch in the team he played in? I'd happily see him back, especially as we got 800k from Ken Bates for him originally.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Love the typical NSC reaction that whenever a player leaves us (even one who's played for England U21s!) he's suddenly one of the worst players to have ever worn the shirt.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Love the typical NSC reaction that whenever a player leaves us (even one who's played for England U21s!) he's suddenly one of the worst players to have ever worn the shirt.

Interesting, I would have said that there are as many players who canonise a player and regarding him as the next Pele once he has gone (and we are no longer watching him play week to week which would prove otherwise)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Harding was a DONKEY. The money we got for him was robbery on our part, which Leeds soon realised and shipped him off pronto.

If he came back hed probably be the first player Id actually boo wearing the stripes.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Although I like McNulty, I think the overplaying argument can be applied to him too, he just didn't get caught out in the few games he played before his injury.

? If he hasn't been caught out how can he be overplaying? What do you have to base this on, if you've not seen him get done?

I completely accept the argument that we were in a higher division, one of the weaker teams in it, and the defence was stretched most of the time. All the more bloody reason to get rid of the effing ball when you're under pressure.

It's all a moot point. 1) Harding will go to a championship club 2) We don't need a first choice LB (and none of this 'he'd be good as backup' nonsense. The man's just finished the season as first choice LB for the team that lost in the Championship playoffs; he's not going to a L1 side as reserve).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here