Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding - Released

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not true. A contract was drawn up and waiting and DH went walkabout, turned off his phone and got his agent to deal with Leeds. I spoke with DK at the time and he was spitting blood that a Brighton youth trainee 'done good' was turning his back on the club and not even taking phone calls. DK tried very hard to keep DH onboard but the player had much bigger and grander ideas.

Harding is a twat. A mildly talented youth player who has never built on his potential or sharpened his concentration during games to eradicate the silly errors. Had he worked his nuts off he could have made the verge of the Prem due to the lack of left sided English players. As it is he will be in League 2 sooner rather than later.

Spot on Lokki! Can I just add that DH is a **** and serves the fucker right. What goes around comes around.

Left sided full backs are not so easy to find.
PAH - there's loads lying around!
For example, here's one deemed surplus to requirements..........
images

55923-3.jpg

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not true. A contract was drawn up and waiting and DH went walkabout, turned off his phone and got his agent to deal with Leeds. I spoke with DK at the time and he was spitting blood that a Brighton youth trainee 'done good' was turning his back on the club and not even taking phone calls. DK tried very hard to keep DH onboard but the player had much bigger and grander ideas.

Harding is a twat. A mildly talented youth player who has never built on his potential or sharpened his concentration during games to eradicate the silly errors. Had he worked his nuts off he could have made the verge of the Prem due to the lack of left sided English players. As it is he will be in League 2 sooner rather than later.

I think both are actually true - just different timings. DK gave verbal assurance as to contract. DH then went in to sign and it was totally different to what was agreed.

He was fairly p*ssed off and then went walkabout and your version of events took over

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
I think both are actually true - just different timings. DK gave verbal assurance as to contract. DH then went in to sign and it was totally different to what was agreed.

He was fairly p*ssed off and then went walkabout and your version of events took over

Thats what I heard, neither side did themselves any favours in this one

I had a dinner with DK and McGhee as part of a prize and the two of them were discussing it and both genuinely annoyed by Harding's behaviour. What had happened preiviously I couldn't say.

McGhee actually said that had Harding bothered to answer his phone, McGhee could sort a move to Celtic for him. Dunno if that was bollocks or not but given what happened to Virgo probably not.

(Sorry for the name droping but that is the only time I've met anyone from the Albion upper reaches, I'm not part of any dreaded inner circle.)

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I had a dinner with DK and McGhee as part of a prize and the two of them were discussing it and both genuinely annoyed by Harding's behaviour. What had happened preiviously I couldn't say.

McGhee actually said that had Harding bothered to answer his phone, McGhee could sort a move to Celtic for him. Dunno if that was bollocks or not but given what happened to Virgo probably not.

(Sorry for the name droping but that is the only time I've met anyone from the Albion upper reaches, I'm not part of any dreaded inner circle.)

That is why I believe what you are saying. I guess I have always been very much in the outer circle so I will now name drop a bit by saying that I had the conversation at the time directly with the other party (before he went walkabout)...

Last edited:

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Mixed feelings but at the end of the day i'm on the half that don't want him back :shrug:

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
What has that got to do with this? Knight was a tit who has proved it at other clubs. Dan Harding was a good kid who did not get the offer he was promised (if you believe some) or was worth (everything is worth what you can sell it for), who has done OK elsewhere.

Both players who initially played well for us then left under a cloud. Why would anyone think DH would come back to us given his past history with us. Would most of the fans accept him back? It would seem very unlikely!!

A player with talent but thought far much more of himself than his actual ability has shown. I don't wish his career to fail though I certainly wouldn't want him back with open arms as you seem to suggest!!

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
not sure , i think hes a great player and still got potential but most fans don't want him back so i would expect him to go to southend or lower championship

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
as a back up to McNulty maybe but he thinks he is better than that so not going to happen is it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It won't happen, but he is a good player... yes, he made mistakes when he was playing for us as a youngster... however, he looked good for Reading recently... the Championship for him I reckon...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He'll get a contract in the Championship somewhere, so it's a non-starter anyway .... and I'm not shedding any tears about that.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
He divided opinion while he was here, if I recall. I was never a fan - he tended to overplay rather than clear his lines and got caught more than once, resulting in goals against. A home game against Stoke sticks out particularly for me.

McNulty looks a much better player, if he can get fit. I'd take Borrowdale ahead of Harding too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Harding thought he was too good for us and moved to a "big club" (Leeds :rolleyes:) which was a mistake because he was found out to be just another mediocre player. Many thanks to Leeds for coughing up £850k :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here