Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding - Released

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Dan Harding was OK. He was english and had a half decent left foot which got him the big move to Leeds. He was shipped out to Ipswich in a swap deal with Westlake which suggests to me that Leeds saw evidence of similar defending that we saw when he was down here (vs Stoke for example).The first game Harding played against us after his move was an absolute classic, he got torn into for the whole match and had an absolute shocker to boot!

Michael Rose for Stockport looked a much better player than Harding ever looked when he was with us, we should definitely enquire about him.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If he doesn't get sorted soon, ol' Dan is gonna be feeling a bit desperate I would imagine..

:tumble:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i thought he would make a better left midfielder.

Hova Seagull

Feb 18, 2009
Hove
he is an improvment on the players we have shipped out, lets be realistic here, the squad needs to be strengthend, its inevitable that players will pick up injuries during a season, if Harding can be brought in at cut price then is would be crazy not to bring him back.

this is div2 and he can definately do a good job at this level. Championship where he has been playing for Reading is a much higher level

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Left sided full backs are not so easy to find.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
No. Harding thought he was above us and made his choice. No way back for him here. Also he was grossly over rated anyway.

At that time, with the pittence wages we were paying/offering, nobody can be blamed for moving to a richer club like Leeds. What young man could aford not to?

Now things have improved (I guess) on that front, he may wish to come back? If RS decides he could do a job for us - then I would be happy to see him back - and would not dream of holding the past against him. Same goes for Bobby Zamora if Tony Bloom is feeling flush! :D

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
he is an improvment on the players we have shipped out, lets be realistic here, the squad needs to be strengthend, its inevitable that players will pick up injuries during a season, if Harding can be brought in at cut price then is would be crazy not to bring him back.

this is div2 and he can definately do a good job at this level. Championship where he has been playing for Reading is a much higher level

Hey, maybe we should bring back back Leon Knight as well whilst we're at it:angry::angry::angry:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Dan Harding is a top bloke and more than capable at this level.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Hey, maybe we should bring back back Leon Knight as well whilst we're at it:angry::angry::angry:

What has that got to do with this? Knight was a tit who has proved it at other clubs. Dan Harding was a good kid who did not get the offer he was promised (if you believe some) or was worth (everything is worth what you can sell it for), who has done OK elsewhere.

Dick Knight mugging him off is the correct reason, promising a contract and then subsequently going on to remove this promise.

Not true. A contract was drawn up and waiting and DH went walkabout, turned off his phone and got his agent to deal with Leeds. I spoke with DK at the time and he was spitting blood that a Brighton youth trainee 'done good' was turning his back on the club and not even taking phone calls. DK tried very hard to keep DH onboard but the player had much bigger and grander ideas.

Harding is a twat. A mildly talented youth player who has never built on his potential or sharpened his concentration during games to eradicate the silly errors. Had he worked his nuts off he could have made the verge of the Prem due to the lack of left sided English players. As it is he will be in League 2 sooner rather than later.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Not true. A contract was drawn up and waiting and DH went walkabout, turned off his phone and got his agent to deal with Leeds. I spoke with DK at the time and he was spitting blood that a Brighton youth trainee 'done good' was turning his back on the club and not even taking phone calls. DK tried very hard to keep DH onboard but the player had much bigger and grander ideas.

Harding is a twat. A mildly talented youth player who has never built on his potential or sharpened his concentration during games to eradicate the silly errors. Had he worked his nuts off he could have made the verge of the Prem due to the lack of left sided English players. As it is he will be in League 2 sooner rather than later.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here