Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
That's a real shame, he is very versatile and offers as something different, very good too. Price seems on the low side, possibly reflecting Burn's interest to move up north.

All the best Dan :cheers:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's been the Albion way for almost as long as l can remember, (certainly during Tony, and Dick Knight's stewardship). If a player is deemed unhappy and wants to leave the club for whatever reason, then generally the club will try to make it happen.

We may have missed out a little financially on deals that took them away from the club, but keeping a disgruntled player could be an even worse case scenario long term.

I’m not sure BDB would fall into the category of being disgruntled if he didnt move north

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm pleased for BDB to have the chance to go back to the club that let him go but as a (reasonably) big-money signing. He's a fan, he gets to wear the black and white at what must seem an exciting time for the Toon (whatever we think about their ownership), and could be a hero if they stay up.

From our point of view, he's been a fantastic and somewhat unexpected asset, we've had more than our money's worth from him, and he probably wouldn't be in our starting XI when everyone's available, so he goes with our best wishes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I completely share these sentiments but I am sorry to say I would still be pleased if Wonger & Kashoggi Assassins United are relegated this season! Their supporters deserve better ownership and the blood red river of money will buy undeserved success....

Ditto.

That's why I couldn't bring myself to wish him success at the Sportswashers. Nothing personal against Dan.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
The 30% going back to Wigan as part of the deal, or that was a figure quoted on here around the time we signed him.

As we will never know the ins/outs of the contract it maybe that NUFC have to contribute to that figure as well hence £13M rather than the clubs valuation of £15M.

Just a thought rather than any evidence but in that I am not alone on 90% of posts

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Lost all respect for DB now.

Enjoy the blood money Dan.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good luck to Dan.

The right move for all concerned.

The remaining qiestion now is just do we sign Rodon ( or similar ) on loan for the rest of the season or give Roberts a bigger chance.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
NUFC almost certainly won’t be going down, sadly for football.

Agreed.

I think they are better than Burnley, Norwich & Watford and they’ve just beaten the awful Leeds.

Also - I think they’ll snare another top striker and a scoring midfielder such as Lingard or Alli in the next 24hrs or so.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Dan all the best, when they want a Brazilian super champions league ready star next year for gazillions, we'll let you come back for 3 mill, when Smug fails to get you to the next level. Y eye.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm pleased for BDB to have the chance to go back to the club that let him go but as a (reasonably) big-money signing. He's a fan, he gets to wear the black and white at what must seem an exciting time for the Toon (whatever we think about their ownership), and could be a hero if they stay up.

From our point of view, he's been a fantastic and somewhat unexpected asset, we've had more than our money's worth from him, and he probably wouldn't be in our starting XI when everyone's available, so he goes with our best wishes.

Precisely.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Guardian saying the final price is £12.5m.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
You'd have to have a particularly short memory to not accept that part of the deal.

The Albion have spent 110 years craving to get a slice of a £13m transfer.
Just because it's now chicken feed to our owner and fans doesn't make it chicken feed to #TeamsLikeWigan.

To be honest im pleased for Wigan. I'm sure its a lot of money to them !

And not to be sneezed at by us.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I’m saddened for many reasons surrounding this transfer and can’t quite articulate my disappointment at losing a cult icon to Newcastle.

I would say all the best but I thoroughly hope they go down.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I do wonder if he’ll struggle at Newcastle. He’s done well here recently but I think a lot of this is down to our defensive organisation and playing alongside much better players. Howe isn’t known for making his teams solid so I can imagine Burn being left regularly exposed.

This all day long. BDB has been playing very well in recent months but I still think he is only as strong as the players around him and always has at least one or two clangers per match in him (anyone that went to Leicester last week and saw him head the ball upwards twice in a row only to be bailed out by Cucu can testify). Can get away with that in our defense with other good players around him but can't see him suddenly resolving Newcastle's defensive frailties.

Good luck to him, great attitude and has made the most of his ability but happy to get good money for a player that will always be 4-5th choice when we have everyone fit.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Dan Burn is doing what's best for Dan Burn, nowt wrong with that. Professional footballers have a short career.

Some of us have a moral compass. Not like DB was on minimum wage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here