Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Really pleased for the boy, he's been playing out of his skin after a long spell on our fringes and deserves a final big payday back home that will secure his family's future :clap2:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
You'd have to have a particularly short memory to not accept that part of the deal.

The Albion have spent 110 years craving to get a slice of a £13m transfer.
Just because it's now chicken feed to our owner and fans doesn't make it chicken feed to #TeamsLikeWigan.

Agreed. But that's why I'd like him to have stayed because we won't see much of the fee. For what we gain I would have kept him. £20m plus then that's a different story.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
905CDDC7-1CB9-4B3D-811A-685E014D0306.png

All the best Dan, thank you for your time with us, you proved the few doubters wrong :bowdown::albion2:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
View attachment 144520

All the best Dan, thank you for your time with us, you proved the few doubters wrong :bowdown::albion2:

I completely share these sentiments but I am sorry to say I would still be pleased if Wonger & Kashoggi Assassins United are relegated this season! Their supporters deserve better ownership and the blood red river of money will buy undeserved success....

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Best of luck to him for next season in the championship

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think this is a good move for all parties, just a bit of a shame we couldn't screw a bit more money out of them (was hoping for around £15-17m). Let's face it Burn has been in a rich vein of form recently and has provided great cover whilst we've had injuries/suspensions in the CB position, but I think he could prove to be one of those players who looked very good in a well coached Potter team, but ultimately is more limited ability wise than our other starting players in the position. He has had a ricket or two in him in previous seasons and if the gloom descends at Newcastle in terms of morale, I think it could turn a bit ugly as no players hit their high notes in a losing team. I do think Potter has a preference towards high quality ball playing centre backs alongside strong defensive attributes & I don't think Burn or Duffy are particularly gifted in comparison to our other players in that area.

I do hope it works out for him though and wish him all the best, as others have said it's a no brainer for him really in terms of securing his family's financial future and playing for his boyhood club.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I suspect that we have recently seen BDB peak as a footballer and that is reflected in his current value being at a peak. How long he continues to peak is anybody's guess, but I am prepared to bet that Dan has also got himself a far bigger contract than we would be offering for him to extend his current one.

Now we just need to find three 6 foot 7 seven £4M bargains that we can sell on for 3 times the price in 4 years time and nobody can moan :wink:

Good luck Dan

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good luck Big Dan. You were never a left wingback but gamely played wherever you were asked and always gave 100%. Fans can ask for no more.

The Saudis have been absolutely bent over the desk and rogered for 13 mill though :lolol: . Tremendous business (by us).

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
BDB probably wanted to go but I am gutted at this news. Almost as bad as us letting Goldson go for a bargain price.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed. But that's why I'd like him to have stayed because we won't see much of the fee. For what we gain I would have kept him. £20m plus then that's a different story.

But this isn't that deal.
This is a turbo charged Groß deal.

Have the club had more than £4m's worth of value - indubitably.

So any money on the back end is just free cash, whether that be £1, £1m or £10m.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
The deal seems a little on the cheap side and there could/would be addons IF NU stay up. I want BDB to be a fan's favourite there but ultimately want NU to be relegated, so no extra fee incoming then The mind boggles as to the players NU will buy IF they manage the improbable this season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
BDB probably wanted to go but I am gutted at this news. Almost as bad as us letting Goldson go for a bargain price.

I see this DBD deal being very like the Colin Goldstone one, in that disappointing though they are, it's a good move for the player and we haven't stood in the way :thumbsup:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Really pleased for the boy, he's been playing out of his skin after a long spell on our fringes and deserves a final big payday back home that will secure his family's future :clap2:

Dan Burn playing for Eddie Howe won’t be in the same league as Dan Burn playing for Graham Potter.

His pay packet will be in a different league too. Several times bigger.:drool:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Sad to see but wish him all the best. One of my favourites over the past few years. We have a wealth of full back and ch options and obviously for next season players like Roberts and Ostergaard will be likely to feature. Good bit of business and nice to see Wigan get a share of the profit too.

TNBA

TTF

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I do wonder if he’ll struggle at Newcastle. He’s done well here recently but I think a lot of this is down to our defensive organisation and playing alongside much better players. Howe isn’t known for making his teams solid so I can imagine Burn being left regularly exposed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I see this DBD deal being very like the Colin Goldstone one, in that disappointing though they are, it's a good move for the player and we haven't stood in the way :thumbsup:

That's been the Albion way for almost as long as l can remember, (certainly during Tony, and Dick Knight's stewardship). If a player is deemed unhappy and wants to leave the club for whatever reason, then generally the club will try to make it happen.

We may have missed out a little financially on deals that took them away from the club, but keeping a disgruntled player could be an even worse case scenario long term.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here