Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We play our best with three at the back and Lamptey / Cucu flying down the wings, so I'd be worried if we let Burn go now, leaving only Veltman, Webster and Dunk/Duffy just returning from injury.

It's also £2 million per place prize money, so the difference between a creditable 9th or disappoint-under-the-circumstances 14th is itself £10 million.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
4c5107fc68801213fa3328ce6934d9c3.jpg

I'll drive them all up there myself

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Born in Blyth

Realised by Newcastle as a nipper

I'd imagine he'd walk to Newcastle

This. Boy's playing out of his skin for us but must realise his limitations. Plus he's 29, going on 30. Would be a dream last bumper payday move IMHO, if that projected move is an actual thing, he'd be daft to turn it down. He'll be a long time retired. Time to start building a serious retirement nest-egg if it's on offer

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Stay or go, the one thing l will forever remember Dan Burn for, is the way he didn't let the £80m Romelu Lukaku even have a kick, during our home game with Chelsea.
He's lost a lot of value due to those BDB games considering the prices quoted for his transfer are between £97.5 million and £101 million.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
£10m seems very cheap.
Well he is out of contract in 18 months time and is a Newcastle fan and this may well be his last chance to play for them. Maybe he really wants to go - the club surely wouldn't stand in his way for £10 million.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I know nothing about the operation of release clauses, so I have a question.

How do release clauses work with regard to wages? If someone is on, say, £30k a week and has a release clause of £20m in his contract; does the buying club have to match his salary (or increase it) or can they pay the release clause and pay him £20k a week.

I have zero knowledge of this, but would expect the release clause just means that if the pre-agreed price is met and the player has agreed their wage from the new club (and signing on bonus, suitcase of cash for agent, free Ford Sierra branded in local dealership's colours etc etc), the player can terminate their contract and the club can't stand in their way. There is nothing in that which says the player has to leave if the price is met, just that the player has that option if the player agrees the salary.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A few suggesting he has a £10M release clause ?
It is on record that Tony doesn't like signing off on release clauses in contracts.

Now without seeing the player contracts it is impossible to know for sure but I reckon that news of a release clause is nonsense.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Newcastle are just going to get rinsed every time. I expect £100m for BDB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
If he goes I think we can all agree that he has been the most surprising* footballer we have had during the Amex era.

*I mean in terms of shock at how good he is at football. So that excludes locadia who was surprisingly bad (still no idea how scouts thought he was good because he can’t even run) and excludes Vicente who was a massive surprise but we knew he was a brilliant footballer.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If he goes I think we can all agree that he has been the most surprising* footballer we have had during the Amex era.

*I mean in terms of shock at how good he is at football. So that excludes locadia who was surprisingly bad (still no idea how scouts thought he was good because he can’t even run) and excludes Vicente who was a massive surprise but we knew he was a brilliant footballer.

Great touch for a big man has NEVER been more apt for BDB

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We play our best with three at the back and Lamptey / Cucu flying down the wings, so I'd be worried if we let Burn go now, leaving only Veltman, Webster and Dunk/Duffy just returning from injury.

It's also £2 million per place prize money, so the difference between a creditable 9th or disappoint-under-the-circumstances 14th is itself £10 million.

True, but with Roberts, Offiah, Clarke, Van Hecke etc. all wanting an opportunity and a potential offer on the table now, these things are generally about timing. Strangely, given that BDB's been brilliant playing at centre half in Dunk's absence, and got a lot of stick when playing out wide, its actually the cover he offers for Cucurella and March that I'd worry about losing. The home game against Everton was one of our worst defensive performances of the season and that was because we were missing all of the wingbacks: March, Burn and Lamptey all injured, Cucu hadn't yet signed and poor Joel Veltman ended up having to come off the bench when not fully fit and play out of position on the left. We started that game with Moder and Gross up against Townsend and Gray. Little Tommy Tuchel's head would have exploded.

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
Slightly OT but I'm struggling to think of any headed goals he's scored, other than the one against Everton the other day. For such a man mountain he's not the strongest in the air.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Naylor reporting - BID REJECTED

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Slightly OT but I'm struggling to think of any headed goals he's scored, other than the one against Everton the other day. For such a man mountain he's not the strongest in the air.

he had one cleared off the line against leceister after we scored...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Naylor reporting - BID REJECTED

Good. Wouldn’t be the end of the world if BDB went, as we have options in defence, and if Newcastle is his boyhood club then he should be given a chance to play for them and trouser the payday, BUT £10m IS A JOKE.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
He is way too good for that lot and if he has any sense ,which I think he has, he would not go there.
As has been said, their ambitions are to be the best at whatever cost . They will soon be chasing fancy foreigners with unpronounceable names.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here