Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Farm....this morning is attempted eviction time (merged)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What about by Staff, where is he gonna go?

Can I apply as homeless?

Yes. If you live in a mobile home or houseboat but have nowhere to keep it, you are legally homeless. You can therefore make a homeless application to the council, who will have a duty to offer you:

help and advice to find somewhere else to live or keep your mobile home, and
depending on your circumstances, somewhere to stay, if necessary (temporary accommodation).

Eviction from unprotected sites - Shelter England

Does not apply to football grounds.

I am not an idealist or a guardian.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
guaranteed injuries and arrests....

all very medieval - siege, drawbridge, watchtowers.

pretty stupid for 2011 really.

Just see someone getting carried of on a orange stretcher.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
And i'm saying that they could have come to a middle ground where nobody had to be evicted. The travelling community make up a tiny tiny proportion of our population who choose to live a nomadic lifestyle (which most of us wouldn't want) and have to live with prejudice wherever they go.

If they were living the nomadic life you claim they want then there wouldn't be evictions needed at Dale Farm would there?

I'm tiring of their claims of 'ethnic cleansing'. It is nothing of the sort. It's the removal of a bunch of non-travelling travellers who set up something like 80 illegal permanent homes.

On another, totally unrelated point: Isn't the theft of millions of pounds worth of copper wiring from our unattended railway lines terrible?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
....Isn't the theft of millions of pounds worth of copper wiring from our unattended railway lines terrible?

You can't prove it was them so...
simon-cowell-sticks-tongue-out.jpg

Lush

Mods' Pet
They do not 'travel' (except during the summer in groups to Brighton/racecourses etc). They are people who want to live in large groups of families. Which is probably why they won't accept council housing.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
In Ireland trespass is a criminal offence, but in the UK it's a civil offence. That's why the "travellers" are all over here. A change to the UK law is needed.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You can't prove it was them so...

You're right which is why I said "On another, totally unrelated point".

I'm sure you wouldn't be willing to bet your hard earned cash on it not being them though would you?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I would bet a fair whack that it's more likely some of the local riff raff from the council estate.

Are you traveller. Now Im not attacking you, you just seem to be defending them an awful lot.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I hope his place gets torn down. The man is a twat. I have customers on land he owns next to his 'castle' and the guy is a total wanker. He's another one that thinks he can flout the planning laws.

It certainly doesn't look good for him. I doubt the decision will be overturned. If he did get away with it it would stink of hypocrisy.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
And i'm against all forms of fascism. Which this clearly is.

Mate they won't get much sympathy down here, they've been awful in this area recently, gangs of em robbing scooters off of the local kids, trying to rob houses (I caught 4 of them on my sons bedroom roof in the night) leaving shit (yes human shit) in the kids parks & plotting up right next to cemetery's..... They are not popular for reason

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And i'm saying that they could have come to a middle ground where nobody had to be evicted. The travelling community make up a tiny tiny proportion of our population who choose to live a nomadic lifestyle (which most of us wouldn't want) and have to live with prejudice wherever they go.

Frankly, yet another example of you letting your arse speak for you. The very point is the ARE NOT travelling but illegally occupying land that is not designated for dwelling of any kind. The fact that whereever they tend to be around finds it's crime rate increasing dramatically and they fact that if they do move on they leave a trail of rubbish and filth in their wake clearly escapes you. Nobody cares how they live as long as it's within the law. If they truely lived a 'nomadic lifestyle' why are they so upset about being lawfully moved on ?

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010

Could you please provide some evidence or genuine argument that what is going on at Dale Farm is fascism. Because personally I think you are one of these people who has to be on the outside looking in, and you are talking bollocks.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

It is the Guardians of Proprietary and they are the ruling power in England. In Fascism they would burn down the site without the rule of law.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here