Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Mail publish story using NSC Quotes

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Probably just googled it

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Googling "Haywards Heath 99p Store" shows that this is the first forum to come up. If they want an article so much then why couldnt they of paid for the cheap train down to Haywards Heath itself and ask local people !!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Read to me like the Daily Mail have found a sense of humour... not a bad thing really.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Been mentioned on Heart too this morning.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Nothing new in this, the Guardian uses quotes from twitter and CNN uses facebook quotes.

Seeing we have the DM lurking better ease up on [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] otherwise there may be an "evil monster moderator" story headlining.

BTW The Sun has declared war on "evil internet trolls", lol good luck with that.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
To be fair, there is a massive difference between The Daily Mail and The Mail Online.

The latter is massively successful and essentially a media outlet in its own right. It recently passed The New York Times as the most widely read 'online newspaper' in the world. Quite staggering.

Yes and the comments sections are usually full of Gaurdian readers trolling.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nothing new in this, the Guardian uses quotes from twitter and CNN uses facebook quotes.
I think you've missed the point. We had a thread predicting the outrage in HH, and predicting the Daily Mail getting hold of the story. The Daily Mail then quotes that thread as if we were the outraged from HH, despite our locations showing we live nowhere near there, and despite the fact that we were clearly taking the piss.

What I don't get is that people think of HH as desirable. My impression whilst living in Brighten was that its a bit crap. Perhaps i was the only one?
I'm not a fan either, but having countryside to the south, there are some nice places with land, so there are some rich folk, which probably makes people think it's a nice town, when in reality the rich folk probably never go in it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Seeing we have the DM lurking better ease up on [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] otherwise there may be an "evil monster moderator" story headlining.

BTW The Sun has declared war on "evil internet trolls", lol good luck with that.

You just can't help showing your love and affection for me, I must be in your thoughts daily :kiss: :)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hilarious :lolol:

If only someone had put: "this 99p store completely tarnishes the memory of Princess Diana" they would DEFINITELY have published that.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I will pop up in a minute. If I spot a reporter I will point them to this forum. I will also attempt to out any "notable Heathian sneaking their cheap goods past the handcuffed protesters"

P.s if it all gets a bit nasty, I will hide my season ticket, don't want that confiscated!!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Hilarious :lolol:

If only someone had put: "this 99p store completely tarnishes the memory of Princess Diana" they would DEFINITELY have published that.

:clap: add to the thread... the numpties may still write it in...

btw who wrote the article... HB&B? lol

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
back from my visit.

On the outside everything is delightfully tacky. Balloons, helium and animals, lucky dip, free sweets and a pa churning out crap pop songs.

On the inside, the busiest store I have seen in HH for a few years. Absolutely rammed. Sported the odd twinset in amongst the jogging bottoms.

I got a bit lost, everything was 99p, wtf

Just went for a browse and spent £9.90. So I surmise that there are at least 10 bargains in store.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
What I don't get is that people think of HH as desirable. My impression whilst living in Brighten was that its a bit crap. Perhaps i was the only one?

Sent from my field radio

I think its a posher version of Eastbourne myself, only been through it a couple of times on a Rail Replacement bus though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This is hilarious. Who'd have thought you'd come onto a thread demonishing some truly shit Daily Mail "journalism" with the completely false (and therefore feeble) come back "yeah well the Guardian does it too"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here