Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dailey mirror today Ashley barns to Bristol city

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Would love Murray to completely shaft Palace now and turn them down. I am sure he won't but it would be bloody funny. He must have signed some sort of pre-contract though, or does it not work like that?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Murray HAS signed for Palace, are some of you on drugs? Those rumours were on that awful rumours site PRIOR to him actually signing for them, its OLD news. Give me strength.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Murray HAS signed for Palace, are some of you on drugs? Those rumours were on that awful rumours site PRIOR to him actually signing for them, its OLD news. Give me strength.

He can't officially sign until the 1st July though can he? I'm sure he will but while it isn't quite signed, sealed and delivered there is also hope he will bugger off elsewhere

D

Deleted member 18477

'During May 2011, it was announced that Murray had signed for Crystal Palace on a free transfer, signing a three-year contract beginning on 30 June 2011.'

wiki talks...

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
am I alone in my thinking that IF and its a bloody big IF Murray did do a U turn, I would welcome him back, I mean he would have shafted the Palarse and at the end of the day, he is a quality striker.......

Ok, Im on my own, move along, nothing to see here.:wanker:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
am I alone in my thinking that IF and its a bloody big IF Murray did do a U turn, I would welcome him back, I mean he would have shafted the Palarse and at the end of the day, he is a quality striker.......

Ok, Im on my own, move along, nothing to see here.:wanker:

I would have him back at the moment, but then I don't know what players Gus currently has in the pipeline so don't know what other strikers we may have come Aug 6th. So based on the current squad, yes I would have him back, but that could all change pretty quickly with a couple of signings

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is all dependant on who the new striker is if we sign one. I was told, by 'somebody in the know' but then again who isnt, that the reason GM didnt sign for us again immediately was 100% because Gus wouldnt gaurantee him a starting position when he signed a new striker to partner Hoskyns.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Barnes got a fair few assists too and played less than Murray. Similar standard and more room for improvement (and greater effort except in contract years). Only negative is he's similar to Hoskins and if our top target is too maybe we need a different option. I'd keep Barnes though think he'll be solid in Champ.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
He can't officially sign until the 1st July though can he? I'm sure he will but while it isn't quite signed, sealed and delivered there is also hope he will bugger off elsewhere

I think it would be funny if he turns up in the papers holding up a shirt that wasn't Palace's. He could still get his move up north if THE Leeds United came calling or someone like Hull offered something

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
1m then would happily sell Barnes and then replace with someone a bit more proven in championship.

Loads of time to go but striking situation is the most urgent with or without Barnes. Hoskins could be good but there is the concern of how bad he was at Watford the last time he was in this division.

If Barnes does go then I'd be happier if a striker comes in first so it doesn't feel so much of a reaction.

I would be absolutely gutted if we sold Barnes.In my opinion he was getting better and better.The intelligent timing of his runs with a quick change of pace tells me we have got a quality striker in the making and I`m really looking forward to seeing him next season.I`d be more concerned about us selling this young exciting player than I ever was about Murray leaving.(and I did and still do rate Murray the c-nt)

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I think Barnes is a cracking prospect. Sure his finishing is a bit erratic but timing, movement and finding space all seem natural to him. Good work rate too.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I would be absolutely gutted if we sold Barnes.In my opinion he was getting better and better.The intelligent timing of his runs with a quick change of pace tells me we have got a quality striker in the making and I`m really looking forward to seeing him next season.I`d be more concerned about us selling this young exciting player than I ever was about Murray leaving.(and I did and still do rate Murray the c-nt)

I agree with this. Barnes is a very exciting prospect. Yes, he misses quite a few chances, BUT the positions he got himself in to create scoring opportunuities were second to none last season in our squad. His conversion rate is only going to improve in future seasons, as it did throughout this season, and I am very excited about having him in our squad next year. I see no reason why he can't get reach the 20 goal mark again if he gets the same amount of games as he did this year.

I certainly don't think Gus has planned on selling him, and I cannot see us selling him unless we get a 'silly money' offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here