Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dagenham aggrieved by 'goal' that wasn't

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Mental. That is a real optical illusion - last night at the match I was convinced it had gone in, then having watched the video a few times this evening I was still convinced. Then, having watched a few more times more keeping my eyes on the crossbar, I realise it clearly hasn't. Now if I watch it again, I can't believe I ever thought it was in and it seems clear as day it's hit the bar - the spell has been broken.

I can understand why some thought we were mad saying it had gone in as I just can't see it myself either now!!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Christ, all this talk of slow motion. Even in normal time, it clearly hits the bar. The net ripples before Baz even kicks it, because Painter was wrapped up in it! NO GOAL, not in a million years :wozza:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Definably not in, hits the outside of the bar (not the underside) and bounces well clear of the line.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I posted a still from the video in post 56, which shows the moment it hits the bar, I can't believe this thread continued for a couple of pages after that.

Last edited:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Last night i posted that i was convinced that it had gone in. This was not based on your electricery based, video manipulation but nothing more than standing above the tunnel with a mark one eyeball.

I apologies to everyone. I was wrong. It hit the bar.

However i still stand by my other theory...JFK was killed by a hamburger thrown by Elvis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here