Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Trust me Moto, getting a full carbon bike is a revelation! Of course, once you're past those first few rides at the beginning of each year the novelty will wear off, but you get that very same brand new excited feel every year you bring it back out for the first time :)
Alternatively you just covert something else.

One day, Canyon Endurace CF 9.0 SL, you will be mine.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I've just watched the highlights of Tirrenno Adriatico from yesterday. Really good finish saw Greg Van Avermaet beating Sagan to the line on a slight uphill finish, on the day he had been summoned to a disciplinary commission...

A shame this race always coincides with Paris Nice - I invariably forget to watch.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Painful ride this morning. I am so unfit :down:

Headwind on the way back that really is nothing more than a slight breeze nearly killed me. Still at least I got out whilst the sun was shining.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Painful ride this morning. I am so unfit :down:

Headwind on the way back that really is nothing more than a slight breeze nearly killed me. Still at least I got out whilst the sun was shining.

I didn't.

That wind has been horrible this week, icy and always against me on the way home from work.

Also, unlike normal westerly winds, there have been no gusts. It's weird - on Thursday in particular it was just a steady, strong wind, with no changes at all. I hate wind like that, you know where you are when it's gusty.

I wonder if I'll get out tomorrow. Losing my mojo a bit...will this winter never end?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I didn't.

That wind has been horrible this week, icy and always against me on the way home from work.

Also, unlike normal westerly winds, there have been no gusts. It's weird - on Thursday in particular it was just a steady, strong wind, with no changes at all. I hate wind like that, you know where you are when it's gusty.

I wonder if I'll get out tomorrow. Losing my mojo a bit...will this winter never end?

Supposed to rain...
Col d'Eze time trial...
Summit finish in Tirenno Adriatico...

Don't think your mojo will come back tomorrow :lolol:

Seriously thinking of giving the Albion a miss this afternoon, Paris-Nice looks like it will be far more entertaining.

Personally, I prefer those steady winds, they hurt more for sure, but at least you can ride in a straight line. I really hate those gusty ones that suddenly stop you in your tracks, or try and blow you in to the middle of the road.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Supposed to rain...
Col d'Eze time trial...
Summit finish in Tirenno Adriatico...

Don't think your mojo will come back tomorrow :lolol:

Seriously thinking of giving the Albion a miss this afternoon, Paris-Nice looks like it will be far more entertaining.

Personally, I prefer those steady winds, they hurt more for sure, but at least you can ride in a straight line. I really hate those gusty ones that suddenly stop you in your tracks, or try and blow you in to the middle of the road.

Sunday's sorted then. :)

I am recording both PN and TA to watch as live later. I've got a good feeling about today's game.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I didn't.

Losing your mojo ??? After that great ride last Saturday. Keep the faith. :)

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

I am recording both PN and TA to watch as live later. I've got a good feeling about today's game.

As live?! How do have the time? I'm recording the highlights of both, and that's 2.5 hours a day of coverage. Then there's the cricket world cup highlights too, so I've got the best part of 4 hours of sport A DAY to watch this week (and there's rugby this weekend too!)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Yep, I'm gonna go to the Amex too, both T-A and P-N are video on demand on Eurosport player, so I will watch them as live tonight. Should be a good day all round, especially as Mrs Pantani owes me a curry.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
As live?! How do have the time? I'm recording the highlights of both, and that's 2.5 hours a day of coverage. Then there's the cricket world cup highlights too, so I've got the best part of 4 hours of sport A DAY to watch this week (and there's rugby this weekend too!)

It's rare that I watch all of both, there's a bit of fast forwarding going on (especially in the sprint stages).

I am lucky enough to find rugby fairly dull, and the cricket World Cup hasn't kept my attention as it normally would. And I won't be watching any Premier League.

But to be honest, I record them 'as live' every day, and often delete some of them unseen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey a thumbs down on geeks.

What's up [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION]?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm loving this wind, at the moment.

34 minutes from Shoreham High street to home, I don't think you can drive that.

Nothing wrong with my mojo, at the moment #livingthedream :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone watching Paris Nice 'as live' tonight, you'll be wanting to watch right from when they finally went live, not just the last climb and descent to the finish.

Great racing so far!

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Just chuffed to have Eurosport back on today, after several letters from Sky trying to sell me Skybox Insurance as my "warranty" has expired it coincidentally went on the blink a couple of weeks later (same scenario couple of years ago !)
So call to their tech help and their rep conveniently tries to sell to me again before solving the problem. T******. All this live Prem football investment may need paying for but I'm not buying it.
So glad I'm free of the S/T as well. E/S it is, got some catching up to do on team kits and riders.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No spoilers, but anyone watching back Paris-Nice tonight is in for a real treat. Superb days racing! :)

Make sure to watch back as much as possible and not just the finale.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No spoilers, but anyone watching back Paris-Nice tonight is in for a real treat. Superb days racing! :)

Make sure to watch back as much as possible and not just the finale.

Thanks for the heads up. I have just watched the coverage from the start, and as you say, superb stuff!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thanks for the heads up. I have just watched the coverage from the start, and as you say, superb stuff!

Bit good wasn't it. That was proper racing today, none of that settling for a podium spot nonsense. Also bare in mind is what we didn't get to see was Sir Thomas of Dr Gendts breakaway heroics once again to secure the KoM jersey. Hope this means he's going to be up for some action at the Giro again.

Today's result really opens things up for the uphill TT tomorrow. Could go one of several ways now rather than being a Porte parade.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Trust me Moto, getting a full carbon bike is a revelation! Of course, once you're past those first few rides at the beginning of each year the novelty will wear off, but you get that very same brand new excited feel every year you bring it back out for the first time :)

I trust you 10, implicitly. I reckon even if I had Dogma, I'd ride it all through the year though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Sky riders aren't particularly good advertisements for Pinarello's are they.

Why didn't Porte roll around on the floor in agony, then surround the ref screaming blue murder demanding the road should be sent off?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here