Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone watching the road to glory at the moment? looks quite good!

Sky Atlantic now!
Never heard of it, not having Sky Atlantic I'll have to look it up.

You'll see what I'm up to in a moment, it's pretty fookin depressing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just watched Europlayer highlights as I was like a kid on Christmas Eve and couldn't hold out for the ITV4 late showing.

Cracking stage and nice to see J Rod put more time into Contador. It's almost certainly between these two now, as if we didn't know already after yesterdays TT. Can't wait to see what happens in the mountains proper. Impressed by Gesink today and had to eat my words as my boy kept insisting right from the start of this Vuelta that he can podium whilst I kept saying no chance, he nearly always seems to fail to deliver. Good to see Roche as solid as ever, wonder just how high up GC he can finish?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No, it's more like 'I'm not leaving mine'.

I have an increasing mental image of 1066.
Long hair beard and nails, sullen, greying skin.
Sat in a cupboard 23 hours a day with 3 computers all logged onto different aspects of road cycling.

I don't think he's been outside since Febuary :lol:

You're forgetting the attire in that mental image though...fantasy Maglia Rosa with Olympic Gold Medal bling to finish off the look :wink:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
No, it's more like 'I'm not leaving mine'.

I have an increasing mental image of 1066.
Long hair beard and nails, sullen, greying skin.
Sat in a cupboard 23 hours a day with 3 computers all logged onto different aspects of road cycling.

I don't think he's been outside since Febuary :lol:

Is there such a thing as fantasy Belgium mix?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're forgetting the attire in that mental image though...fantasy Maglia Rosa with Olympic Gold Medal bling to finish off the look :wink:
:lol:
The medals engraved with 'bestest DS EVER'.

(Right that's me done now) :kiss:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I don't think 1066 can be overhauled now.

Just trying to work out who everyone is -

Memories of museeuw - 1066
Kevarino -?
Indurain's lungs - obviously!
Cranky25 -?
Vivelepants -? Stoichkov
Stulkey - pantani
Stat Brother - obvious again
Totally freaked -?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where's [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION], he's not been about these parts much, recently?

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007

Kevarino -?
Cranky25 -?
Vivelepants -? Stoichkov
Stulkey - pantani
Totally freaked -?

:bigwave:

I'm new to the game, can't believe I've in 4th place with my limited knowledge. Definitely begginers luck!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh Rojas was 40/1 for today, as he's not in my fantasy team I stuck a pound on him.
So sorry to anyone who has him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Shocking stage for me, I've got no one till you scroll down to Degenkolb in 7th, then 17th, 18th, 25th....Completely called it wrong going for the fancied sprinters!

Great win for Cummings though, talk about a well timed attack.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Only one thing to say about today's stage...well done Stephen Cummings :) :clap2:

Oh, just one more thing...well done Cranky on the NSC stage win today and a very good Vuelta so far.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Kevarino -?
Cranky25 -?
Vivelepants -? Stoichkov
Stulkey - pantani
Totally freaked -?

I wouldn't bank on me not getting caught, just look what happened in the TdF. Still a way to go yet and if anyone gets some big breakaway points in the mountains then anything can happen.

Has Stoichkov confirmed as Vivelepants yet? I'd be curious to now who vivelepants is as he or she always does really well.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I wouldn't bank on me not getting caught, just look what happened in the TdF. Still a way to go yet and if anyone gets some big breakaway points in the mountains then anything can happen.

Has Stoichkov confirmed as Vivelepants yet? I'd be curious to now who vivelepants is as he or she always does really well.

I think you're probably safe on this one. Especially with so many summit finishes - there proably aren't enough "medium mountains" stages for a Rubiano score or the like.

I'm still wondering about Vivelepants as they haven't claimed their Tour victory.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not off to Burnley after all today, so really looking forward to some live coverage of the first proper mountain stage.

Traditionally, fantasy wise, it's time to shift in one of those Basque boys for the breakaway. But after much umming and arrhing last night and looking at roll in times from yesterday's stage, I've gone for someone who I think will be under team orders to be up the road today. The orange jersey I have my eye on will have to wait until tomorrow, so I'm hoping he doesn't go for it today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here