Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Astana looking very very strong so far. Aru needs to actually gain some time over Contador and especially Porte before the TT though. Another exciting days racing, this Giro has been superb so far.

Yep, another days proper racing from the big GC contenders - no one's pulling any punches that's for sure! Always plenty of good strong riders mixing it up for the stage wins too.

Astana now have 3 riders in the top 5 and a stage win to boot! :eek:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was away at the weekend Pogue. 23rd wedding anniversary, Great ride Saturday btw.
Can there be a finer way to spend such an anniversary than:-
Riding like an idiot to Peacehaven.
Climbing over gates.
Stopping at every level crossing.
Caught at every temporary traffic light.
Repeatedly and randomly turning right for no apparent reason.

I could go on :lolol:

Come on chaps you knew this was coming.
I'm surprised I held on for so long, I kid because I love :kiss:

#wouldn'thappeninGreaterSussex

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Climbing over gates.

What swap shopping in the shabby chic boutiques in Royal Tunbrige Wells, no completion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What swap shopping in the shabby chic boutiques in Royal Tunbrige Wells, no completion.
You should have taken your bike and gone for a spin with Moto.
What's the worst that could happen after 23 years.

Congratulations.

I'm gutted today's weather forecast is correct.
I need to get out to recover from the 36 hour eating binge I've been on.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
You should have taken your bike and gone for a spin with Moto.
What's the worst that could happen after 23 years.

Congratulations.

I'm gutted today's weather forecast is correct.
I need to get out to recover from the 36 hour eating binge I've been on.

Thanks Stat. A well deserved binge after that epic ride. Yeah the weathers a bit if a shock after the last couple of days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks Stat. A well deserved binge after that epic ride. Yeah the weathers a bit if a shock after the last couple of days.
I'm sat in the villages most expensive coffee shop, where I can't afford to eat.
To scared to go home just in case I 'accidentally' cook myself another roast. :lol:.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm sat in the villages most expensive coffee shop, where I can't afford to eat.
To scared to go home just in case I 'accidentally' cook myself another roast. :lol:.

Every time I ride through Appledore I sneak a furtive glance at this establishment and ask myself over and over again...Am I worthy?http://www.missmollettstearoom.co.uk/

To be fair, I haven't put them to the test yet. Perhaps I never will. Perhaps I just don't have enough ASPIRATION within me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Climbing over gates.

:lolol: What is the odd gate between friends? We do the opposite to the pro's, attack each other for the first 15miles, then settle down into something resembling a rhythm for whatever is remaining. We must have crossed railway lines 5 times, and got caught for 4 of them! :facepalm: I'm not sure [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] checked our ride against the train timetables before we left - schoolboy ride planning. If Strava get back to me, I may need your .gpx file to pinch your section from Hove Lagoon to where mine eventually started. At least I'd have some record of doing more than a puny 45 miles!

Lets get out West on the next Geeks ride, Arundel, Shitechester and all that :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Every time I ride through Appledore I sneak a furtive glance at this establishment and ask myself over and over again...Am I worthy?http://www.missmollettstearoom.co.uk/

To be fair, I haven't put them to the test yet. Perhaps I never will. Perhaps I just don't have enough ASPIRATION within me.
That's no 'cake stop'. No coffee selection.
You can't expect to re-join the peloton after a cup of Japanese cherry with flowers tea.

:lolol: What is the odd gate between friends? We do the opposite to the pro's, attack each other for the first 15miles, then settle down into something resembling a rhythm for whatever is remaining. We must have crossed railway lines 5 times, and got caught for 4 of them! :facepalm: I'm not sure [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] checked our ride against the train timetables before we left - schoolboy ride planning. If Strava get back to me, I may need your .gpx file to pinch your section from Hove Lagoon to where mine eventually started. At least I'd have some record of doing more than a puny 45 miles!

Lets get out West on the next Geeks ride, Arundel, Shitechester and all that :thumbsup:

Still at least nobody held it against Pogue, we realised it clearly wasn't his fault.

I'm guessing The Wiggle Large One will be your 'way out west' ride, there's no way I can cover PM's gel requirement and make it a 'geek' event, for another time.

Having properly looked at that ride, miles 80 to 90 is the only section I'm not familiar with, it looks like fun just not for me.

I'll send you my Strava but I'm not sure if you can splice it onto your ride, it might be an 'all or nothing' deal.
I think I'll need your email address [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] to 'share the activity' with you.

That'll be a question for them or Bikeradar.

Last edited:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Managed a quick 20 as the weather changed but in My haste to get out, not only did I forget to start my Strava going, I didn't even take my phone. :facepalm: :rant: I know I know Pougue, if it isn't recorded it didn't happen. :down:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Managed a quick 20 as the weather changed but in My haste to get out, not only did I forget to start my Strava going, I didn't even take my phone. :facepalm: :rant: I know I know Pougue, if it isn't recorded it didn't happen. :down:
That's a shame Banjo, we could have compared 'quick blasts', but it would seem only mine happened.

Had you gone out, where would you have gone?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
can there be a finer way to spend such an anniversary than:-
riding like an idiot to peacehaven.
Climbing over gates.

I'm surprised i held on for so long, i kid because i love :kiss:

#wouldn'thappeningreatersussex

right!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here