Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Now pretty much fine for a ride, shame I can't get out. Just cleaned the bike instead. Running pretty rough. Service due this month. Another chain and cassette coming no doubt.

Oh forgot to mention that my LBS chap reckons it'll be all disc brakes in about 18 months. He also said the hidden-in-fork system is a goner; too many problems.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh forgot to mention that my LBS chap reckons it'll be all disc brakes in about 18 months. He also said the hidden-in-fork system is a goner; too many problems.
I find 18 months hard to believe, but I do think it will be disc brakes all the way, at some point.

I guy I've ridden with, a mate of Colin's, did a little audax yesterday:-

Distance 132.3mi

Moving Time 8:21:47

Elevation 8,258ft

Basically Portsmouth to Didcot, Oxfordshire.
I gave him a kudos!!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Dug the MTB out today for a ride, didn't fancy the road bike in this weather. Going to have a look at the Wilier bike tomorrow, hopefully dot the i's and cross the t's. Deal done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dug the MTB out today for a ride, didn't fancy the road bike in this weather. Going to have a look at the Wilier bike tomorrow, hopefully dot the i's and cross the t's. Deal done.
oh exciting times.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Bike ordered hopefully pick it up tomorrow. Just waiting on the wheels. So gone for a Wilier GTR Gran terismo Veloce with a Fulcrum Quattro cx wheel upgrade. :clap:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Enigmatic Spoiler Alert!

It is easy to win when there isn't an unheard of Colombian to beat isn't it?

I quite like these desert races, it really is just a long sprint train training exercise but it is interesting to see how each team gets it together.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Enigmatic Spoiler Alert!

It is easy to win when there isn't an unheard of Colombian to beat isn't it?

I quite like these desert races, it really is just a long sprint train training exercise but it is interesting to see how each team gets it together.

Apparently one of the stages, stage 3 I think, is supposed to have some lumps in it, but I can barely see them looking at the profiles. Mind you, why else would the likes of Nibs, J Rod & AVV bother turning up otherwise :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just watched the last 2 laps of this race, 18 minutes of racing, and I'm calling bullshit.
The reason Cant cant win the worlds is because she cant go round corners.

Vos was a good 20 lengths back and never in contention.
Cant and Cute Blonde Frenchie were only ever fighting out the win.
Everytime Cant pulled out a lead they had to go round a corner and CBF nipped through on the inside.
Cant has the turning circle of an oil tanker.
On the last lap CBF came to a stop on a bank, saw Cant shouldering her bike and somehow CBF manage to start again, kick on and put a couple of lengths into Cant. Very impressive.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Bike ordered hopefully pick it up tomorrow. Just waiting on the wheels. So gone for a Wilier GTR Gran terismo Veloce with a Fulcrum Quattro cx wheel upgrade. :clap:

Congratulations. But when are you gonna take her out? Fair weather only?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I just watched the last 2 laps of this race, 18 minutes of racing, and I'm calling bullshit.
The reason Cant cant win the worlds is because she cant go round corners.

Vos was a good 20 lengths back and never in contention.
Cant and Cute Blonde Frenchie were only ever fighting out the win.
Everytime Cant pulled out a lead they had to go round a corner and CBF nipped through on the inside.
Cant has the turning circle of an oil tanker.
On the last lap CBF came to a stop on a bank, saw Cant shouldering her bike and somehow CBF manage to start again, kick on and put a couple of lengths into Cant. Very impressive.
Ha! So CX rider is actually undone by shit CX technique!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ha! So CX rider is actually undone by shit CX technique!
Yeah Cant was getting decent 2, 3, 4 bike length leads and they were being wiped out on every bend.
CBF was clearly the superior bike rider.

I'm currently watching the men's race and its brutal.
They weren't even getting off for knee height jumps only a couple of bike lengths apart.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You know how much it hurts, when you don't get enough of your foot on the bottom step.
Smack your shin into the step, and splat face first onto the rest of the stairs.

Well some bloke has just done that in the mud, snow, with his bike on this back, after 30mins of filthy racing.
If he had any senses left it must have hurt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here