Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Someone has (had) him in their team.

I'm not going to be brave enough to point the finger, because I just can't quite remember.

All I remember was admiring the optimism.

Can't think who that could be? Maybe a cunning attempt at those last place ten points :dunce:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't think who that could be? Maybe a cunning attempt at those last place ten points :dunce:
Schleck isn't 10 point material.

He might be a pointless waste of space, but I'm sure he has too much pride to come in behind someone from TeamSkyDriveDubai.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Schleck isn't 10 point material.

He might be a pointless waste of space, but I'm sure he has too much pride to come in behind someone from TeamSkyDriveDubai.

I bet more than one TeamSkyDriveDubai rider finishes ahead of our Andy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bet more than one TeamSkyDriveDubai rider finishes ahead of our Andy.
I'm yet to see the full result, but I'm definitely not taking that.

There will be 100+ riders that'll have no right to finish above AS, every race, all season, but they will!!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm yet to see the full result, but I'm definitely not taking that.

There will be 100+ riders that'll have no right to finish above AS, every race, all season, but they will!!

You should have taken the bet, Dubai Sky Dive are not in this race :lolol:

Andy finished 79th today in a group with Zak Dempster and Michael Morkov! I'm gonna take United Health Care as the weakest team in this race, he finished behind four of their riders. I might make Andy Schleck Watch a regular part of this thread, it is fun.

Actually, I was wrong, he was 86th. He is 79th on GC. The rest was correct though.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is that THE Zak Dempster?

Wow I take it all back Andy, showing you're 'clean' Grand Tour credentials right there, you're BRILL :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As I didn't know big brother Frank was back from his ban let alone in this race, a sensible man would stop dissing da schlecks.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Just realised 1066 actually had a proper flounce and has left the fantasy league.

Reigning champion from the last 2 years has quit in disgust at new rule changes! Shocking stuff.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Someone has (had) him in their team.

I'm not going to be brave enough to point the finger, because I just can't quite remember.

All I remember was admiring the optimism.

I put Frank in for yesterday's stage!

He cost 4 credits, and I hadn't got the energy to work out who any of the others that I could afford were. I expected nothing but abject failure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just realised 1066 actually had a proper flounce and has left the fantasy league.

Reigning champion from the last 2 years has quit in disgust at new rule changes! Shocking stuff.
In an incredibly rare moment of self awareness, I thought my 'comedy' stylings wouldn't be appreciated during Tour of Mediterraneangate!! (see what I mean).
I too noticed the big man was missing, and figured it was probably best to stay out.
T'is a shame he's not in this one.
I have convinced myself he'll be back for the Tour of Bejing, 1 to 9 it all week, hoover up all the jerseys and still win by a country mile.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Enjoyed that last Andalucia stage.

Yeah, me too, funny watching the Sky train do a 14km lead out train for Valverde :lolol: Kiryienka is still a beast though I see.

I stayed on to watch Oman stage 3 highlights (yesterday's stage). Seeing the action is a bit different to reading a ticker getting all excited about a Froome/Stybar/Canc/Sagan attack. I see why it didin't stick now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
In an incredibly rare moment of self awareness, I thought my 'comedy' stylings wouldn't be appreciated during Tour of Mediterraneangate!! (see what I mean).
I too noticed the big man was missing, and figured it was probably best to stay out.
T'is a shame he's not in this one.
I have convinced myself he'll be back for the Tour of Bejing, 1 to 9 it all week, hoover up all the jerseys and still win by a country mile.

You'd have been very welcome to indulge in a spot of healthy piss take SB.

Although technically a proper :flounce: I'm quite chilled about it and rather enjoying my freedom. Good luck with your TWO teams meanwhile :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Rule changes had little to do with it, although going over old ground from last season did involve discussion of the roll over transfer rule that has been changed for the better this season.

To be honest I saw the flounce coming the minute I entered into a discussion with the organisers on their forum. I already had half a foot out of the game as it felt like something that was fast running out of steam anyway, and it was never going to take much for me to pack it in completely. In the end the condescending arrogant responses I felt the organisers gave to a bit of criticism was sort of the final straw. I really couldn't be bothered after that, what with game glitches and all, so in the end I just walked away. It's only a game after all and really not worth getting worked up about, even though I accept I did get on my high horse a bit for a while there.

Anyway, I've not missed playing the game at all and I've still been enjoying watching all the racing I can. I have Pantani and the game to thank for getting me into an internet world of watching cycling all season long now when previously all I really knew was the extremely limited world of free to air annual TdF coverage.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Rule changes had little to do with it, although going over old ground from last season did involve discussion of the roll over transfer rule that has been changed for the better this season.

To be honest I saw the flounce coming the minute I entered into a discussion with the organisers on their forum. I already had half a foot out of the game as it felt like something that was fast running out of steam anyway, and it was never going to take much for me to pack it in completely. In the end the condescending arrogant responses I felt the organisers gave to a bit of criticism was sort of the final straw. I really couldn't be bothered after that, what with game glitches and all, so in the end I just walked away. It's only a game after all and really not worth getting worked up about, even though I accept I did get on my high horse a bit for a while there.

Anyway, I've not missed playing the game at all and I've still been enjoying watching all the racing I can. I have Pantani and the game to thank for getting me into an internet world of watching cycling all season long now when previously all I really knew was the extremely limited world of free to air annual TdF coverage.

Fair enough. My teams have been very much thrown together this year and I really like watching without getting annoyed about who's in my team.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Fair enough. My teams have been very much thrown together this year and I really like watching without getting annoyed about who's in my team.

Yeah, that game is just soooo last year. And to think, some wannabes now have TWO teams in it. As if one go at trying to pick the last man home each time wasn't enough :lolol:

:jester:

Did you watch the sky train at Andalusia today?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here