Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Many thanks for all your hard work SB, superb bit if kit! :clap:
Highlight for me was looking in the mirror, flipping the peak back and seeing the seagull jump out at me. Great job all round. Thanks.
No probs I'm glad I could get them out to you all before the home season started.

I'm very relieved they seem to be going down well.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No probs I'm glad I could get them out to you all before the home season started.

I'm very relieved they seem to be going down well.

Mine has just had a first 14mile trip out, peak down on the way out, peak up on the way back. Loved it. Did you intentionally colour match my bike!? :thumbsup:

caponbike.jpg

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just got back to my caps!!!!!

Love 'em!

I will be cycling in Spain next week with one proudly perch on my tete!

Thanks SB.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gracias.

Pogue had better get his today too.

Even with a load of first class stamps on it, he sent such a big envelope and wrote his name so massively (I fear his tongue may have been out of side of his mouth) it still cost me a further 60p to send first class.
I could have included a slab of lead and it still had enough postage :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jnr spotted a couple of other jnr's wearing caps behind the family stand at half time :wave:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Gracias.

Pogue had better get his today too.

Even with a load of first class stamps on it, he sent such a big envelope and wrote his name so massively (I fear his tongue may have been out of side of his mouth) it still cost me a further 60p to send first class.
I could have included a slab of lead and it still had enough postage :lolol:

Where's my slab of lead?

Mine have arrived too, thanks SB, they're brilliant. I arrived back from holiday yesterday, and am still jet-lagged, but they were a great surprise in amongst a lot of shitty post.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Oh and in some downtime, I did some maths.

Assuming the cap ordered by our antipodean branch, Ty Biggum, travels to him in a similar fashion it came to me.

It will have traveled roughly 17,197.5 miles.

For each pound spent by Ty on his cap it will have traveled 1337 miles.

haha caps look fantastic Stat!

Despite it being a tad chilly, I've pitched a tent out by the mail box in anticipation of its arrival. Yes it's true my bed is only 10 metres from said post box, but I can't risk it getting pinched on arrival!

You'll need to ride a few miles on the bike to pass my caps world record for distance travelled!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I was tempted to enquire about the caps, but I need a bike first. I would look like a proper muppet without a bike. My employer is still weighing up the benefits of joining the 'cycle to work' scheme. The main issue being that I am the only person actually interested, so it is a lot of work for someone in finance to sort out for something that is a one-off.

Shame, because I have already chosen the bike I am getting. Regardless of whether my work joins the scheme, the b'twin Triban 3 has so many good reviews that it is impossible to ignore.

I have this bike, or at least did until I crashed it last week. It's a fantastic bike at the price and even better if you can get it on the CTW scheme.

The only issue is the lack of supply.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have this bike, or at least did until I crashed it last week. It's a fantastic bike at the price and even better if you can get it on the CTW scheme.

What did you do? :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Rode through a diesel spillage on a roundabout and came off. Need some new handlebars. :(
Ouch, sorry to here that, I was hoping for more comedy!!

Are you ok?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yes, thanks. Could have been a lot worse I'm sure!

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares

Be careful as they now have a new white version of the Triban 3 which does not have a carbon fork and has non-Shimano gears. So make sure you get the older red model, a very good bike for the money. One thing to note is that even though it has holes in the frame for mudguards it has exteremly small clearance so it's pretty difficult to find ones that'll fit. I ended up using Crud RoadRacers (MK 2) which don't actually use the holes.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Opps, nearly forgot.

For anyone who's picking a fantasy team, Tour of Eneco starts tomorrow.

I'm sticking with the team I picked a few days ago and almost forgot about.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cheers 1066. I hadn't noticed this.

Looks like it'll just be you and me! So 2nd, then.

Three of us in it to win it in this house. So at this rate I'm garaunteed to finish at least 4th.............. and still not be able to spell garanteed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here