Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks a lot chaps, as said I don't think I'm in a position to be objective.
I certainly had a few 'Nervous Nerys' days waiting for them to arrive.
I'm also amazed I managed to keep the delivery date a surprise.

I like them, I can see the on-screen blue was probably a bit different from the blue on the material, but I can live with that.

Ah the shade of Blue.

Naturally that was the starting point, between me and the designers.
I went to the Pantone website.
Within a minute, to say I was dazed and confused would be an understatement.
I rapidly closed that, and PM'ed The Large One.
He instantly replied with Brighton's corporate blue, Pantone number, which I used.

This isn't me passing the buck to TLO.
More a case of pointing out, left to my own devises I'd now be having to explain why we had green caps :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
you could have spent the change on sweets

It was never my intention to make any money, so I thought it was a nice touch to pay back the shrapnel.
It's not like I was put out, it just became a part of my ritual pocket turn out:-
'oh 64p I'll pop that into that envelope'.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think we need pics of these NSC cycling caps... I've read too much about them to not be curious!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we need pics of these NSC cycling caps... I've read too much about them to not be curious!
If you can't see one, you're not in the gang :lolol:

I'm sure some pics will turn up in time.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I was tempted to enquire about the caps, but I need a bike first. I would look like a proper muppet without a bike. My employer is still weighing up the benefits of joining the 'cycle to work' scheme. The main issue being that I am the only person actually interested, so it is a lot of work for someone in finance to sort out for something that is a one-off.

Shame, because I have already chosen the bike I am getting. Regardless of whether my work joins the scheme, the b'twin Triban 3 has so many good reviews that it is impossible to ignore.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was tempted to enquire about the caps, but I need a bike first. I would look like a proper muppet without a bike. My employer is still weighing up the benefits of joining the 'cycle to work' scheme. The main issue being that I am the only person actually interested, so it is a lot of work for someone in finance to sort out for something that is a one-off.

Shame, because I have already chosen the bike I am getting. Regardless of whether my work joins the scheme, the b'twin Triban 3 has so many good reviews that it is impossible to ignore.
Great stuff.

Assuming there's enough of you, at work, the moment you get your bike, everyone else will want one.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thanks a lot chaps, as said I don't think I'm in a position to be objective.
I certainly had a few 'Nervous Nerys' days waiting for them to arrive.
I'm also amazed I managed to keep the delivery date a surprise.

Ah the shade of Blue.

Naturally that was the starting point, between me and the designers.
I went to the Pantone website.
Within a minute, to say I was dazed and confused would be an understatement.
I rapidly closed that, and PM'ed The Large One.
He instantly replied with Brighton's corporate blue, Pantone number, which I used.

This isn't me passing the buck to TLO.
More a case of pointing out, left to my own devises I'd now be having to explain why we had green caps :lol:

Are you sure you didn't ask for celeste!!??

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I think these are impressive bikes for the price point. Keep seeing more and more around. Not sure you can go wrong with one to be honest, like you say, most reviews of them are excellent. Don't think you'll get one better for the same money.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you sure you didn't ask for celeste!!??
Oh I know what celeste looks like!!

If we keep this conversation going, I think we'll scare those that are yet to catch up with today's post.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and in some downtime, I did some maths.

Assuming the cap ordered by our antipodean branch, Ty Biggum, travels to him in a similar fashion it came to me.

It will have traveled roughly 17,197.5 miles.

For each pound spent by Ty on his cap it will have traveled 1337 miles.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh I know what celeste looks like!!

If we keep this conversation going, I think we'll scare those that are yet to catch up with today's post.

I was only kidding people! :lolol: They are superb, if you see a guy with a beard with a 7 yr old lad with these on Saturday, you'll know who it is!!

IMG_3154.jpgIMG_3155.jpgIMG_3156.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jnr Stat will be wearing his, Lil Miss Stat may well be wearing mine too.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
just realised (from the photo) that you used Champion System for the caps.
After months of research I have settled on those guys to get some custom jerseys for myself and my riding chums. Original plan was to get them for L'Etape, but time ran out and I didn't want to rush it.

Had some sample jerseys through from them and the quality seemed very good. Any reason not to deal with them after your ordering experience?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
just realised (from the photo) that you used Champion System for the caps.
After months of research I have settled on those guys to get some custom jerseys for myself and my riding chums. Original plan was to get them for L'Etape, but time ran out and I didn't want to rush it.

Had some sample jerseys through from them and the quality seemed very good. Any reason not to deal with them after your ordering experience?
None at all.

Speak to Clare, mention my name.
It won't get you any money off but will give you some leeway if you become antagonising childish and stroppy because you NEEEEEED them to arrive a week early 'cos you just can't wait any longer' :lol:.
She was very patient with me.

I think the quality is very good, esp for the price.

Many years ago worked in logistics and had dealings with far-east suppliers.
When putting the design together it took me a little time to channel those memories of how they work.
But even then we got there, it took a week of back and forth.

Drop me a line nearer the time, I might be able to help you out.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
None at all.

Speak to Clare, mention my name.
It won't get you any money off but will give you some leeway if you become antagonising childish and stroppy because you NEEEEEED them to arrive a week early 'cos you just can't wait any longer' :lol:.
She was very patient with me.

I think the quality is very good, esp for the price.

Many years ago worked in logistics and had dealings with far-east suppliers.
When putting the design together it took me a little time to channel those memories of how they work.
But even then we got there, it took a week of back and forth.

Drop me a line nearer the time, I might be able to help you out.

That's very good to hear (i don't want to go researching a load more companies again)!

Clare has actually been my contact in early ramblings so far and has been most helpful. I was particularly impressed that the minimum order (10 units) for jerseys can be spread across the entire range of jerseys. I want their top spec one but was worried about convincing 9 other people that they wanted to spend £90 for a custom jersey. No longer a problem as they can order the same design in any jersey in the range down to the £35 budget one.

Glad to hear they may just be as good as they sound...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's very good to hear (i don't want to go researching a load more companies again)!

Clare has actually been my contact in early ramblings so far and has been most helpful. I was particularly impressed that the minimum order (10 units) for jerseys can be spread across the entire range of jerseys. I want their top spec one but was worried about convincing 9 other people that they wanted to spend £90 for a custom jersey. No longer a problem as they can order the same design in any jersey in the range down to the £35 budget one.

Glad to hear they may just be as good as they sound...
Keep your fricking voice down.

I was going to tell this lot they only do musettes. :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Many thanks for all your hard work SB, superb bit if kit! :clap:
Highlight for me was looking in the mirror, flipping the peak back and seeing the seagull jump out at me. Great job all round. Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here