Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and when you start wearing them you'll wonder why you haven't been wearing them from day one on a road bike.
Kerr & ching.

Not to mention you are depriving us of a 'my first cleat fall' story.
They are always great, usually painless(ish) and because of the way your brain is now wired, damage free.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Cleats take no time at all to get used to, and when you start wearing them you'll wonder why you haven't been wearing them from day one on a road bike.

Couldn't agree more. Have toe clips on my old steel frame for getting around on in civvies, but there is just no comparison to the efficiency of riding with clipless.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'll tumble tomorrow don't worry.

The crazy Cloggies having their motogp on a Saturday... Lions, that and TDF at the same time. I've got some organizing to do.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I spent years on toe clips, never being bold enough to move to cleats and never feeling quite right without something to 'push' against. When I did go to cleats I chose spd reversibles so I could still ride the flat side in trainers when out with the kids on seafront poodles. Had to ride to work the other day in trainers and I have to say I felt a lot less safe on the road than I do in cleats. Somehow felt a bit like I was driving without a seat belt. All felt very weird and I wasn't comfortable at all. Cleats take no time at all to get used to, and when you start wearing them you'll wonder why you haven't been wearing them from day one on a road bike.

Agreed.

Having said that, you WILL fall over at traffic lights in front of large crowds of people early in your cleated career.

Its a rite of passage.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2. 50%.

Not bad, and I've clearly got Cav, so that makes it easier...
I realised I'd spent all your points so I gave up!.
You've not got Gilbert.
Cav and Degenkolb, who I think is a good shout but couldn't work him in.
Plus being a non-goss, Deg is usually my man to let me down.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I realised I'd spent all your points so I gave up!.
You've not got Gilbert.
Cav and Degenkolb, who I think is a good shout but couldn't work him in.
Plus being a non-goss, Deg is usually my man to let me down.

I really went off Degenkolb when he let me down very badly in Qatar.

So...that leaves...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really went off Degenkolb when he let me down very badly in Qatar.

So...that leaves...
You first and second with a trail of carnage behind Boohoo's rear wheel.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Today's break is away. Boom, Cousin, Lobato, Flecha and Lemoine. I have Lobato.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
6 points in the bag already, nice one Lobato. Probably the first and last time I will be leading this competition.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
1,2 and 3 for me today. Thanks Orica bus driver :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2nd, and transfers already done.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Isn't it nice when the sun's out and everyone is in a good mood with a smile on their face...
Just back from a (possibly) final training ride before heading to Annecy for the Etape during which our merry band of 3 cyclists riding single file through Bexhill were greeted with a cry of "you bunch of f'ing t'ers" as we turned off. Upon looking round we saw it came from one of Royal Mail's finest!

Lots of angry people out today it seemed, but a decent ride nonetheless. Missed all the TdF carnage though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
1,2 and 3 for me today. Thanks Orica bus driver :lolol:

Same but you have Lobato where as I had no one in the break. Danny did me proud betting wise though :)

Edit: I sneaked 17th too for a mahoosive extra 4pts :lol:

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Isn't it nice when the sun's out and everyone is in a good mood with a smile on their face...
Just back from a (possibly) final training ride before heading to Annecy for the Etape during which our merry band of 3 cyclists riding single file through Bexhill were greeted with a cry of "you bunch of f'ing t'ers" as we turned off. Upon looking round we saw it came from one of Royal Mail's finest!

Lots of angry people out today it seemed, but a decent ride nonetheless. Missed all the TdF carnage though.

Did you go through Norman's Bay? Lovely through there and always other cyclists out that greet you on the road. Don't let the ******** spoil your day, just remember all the nice people you saw instead. Look forward to hearing your reports back from the Etape. Hope you have a great time down there.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Did you go through Norman's Bay? Lovely through there and always other cyclists out that greet you on the road. Don't let the ******** spoil your day, just remember all the nice people you saw instead. Look forward to hearing your reports back from the Etape. Hope you have a great time down there.

You're right of course. Look on the bright side - good ride, lovely weather and Seven sisters and Norman's bay were looking splendid. First time riding out that way for me. Been chasing hillier terrain in recent months, but was a decent route today.

Starting off to Annecy on an overnight ferry on Tuesday. Very excited. I'll be sure to report back on my return...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Points are up.

Nice work Pantani, 21st on the stage overall :clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm beautifully poised to take control of the middle order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here