3 A RASMUSSEN (GRM) 10:39
4 M BOARO (SAX) 10:41
5 E G LARSSON (VCD) 10:48
6 R NAVARDAUSKAS (GRM) 10:48
7 B LANCASTER (OGE) 10:49
8 M PINOTTI (BMC) 10:50
9 J SERGENT (RNT) 10:52
10 N OLIVEIRA (RNT) 10:53

Thomas 2nd overall, could he nick a second or two to try and get the Pink jersey

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ooh, I got 15th & 18th too. :)

Edit: No I didn't :facepalm:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
1 T PHINNEY (BMC) 10:26
2 G THOMAS (SKY) 10:35
3 A RASMUSSEN (GRM) 10:39
4 M BOARO (SAX) 10:41
5 E G LARSSON (VCD) 10:48
6 R NAVARDAUSKAS (GRM) 10:48
7 B LANCASTER (OGE) 10:49
8 M PINOTTI (BMC) 10:50
9 J SERGENT (RNT) 10:52
10 N OLIVEIRA (RNT) 10:53

Thomas 2nd overall, could he nick a second or two to try and get the Pink jersey

1st, 2nd, 3rd and 9th. Solid start but who to take out?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
1st, 2nd, 3rd and 9th. Solid start but who to take out?

Nice work.

For me it's plan B on who to take out now as I'd banked on Rasmussen or G and not Phinney getting top spot today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I got what I expected, so happy with that.
All set up for tomorrow.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Our little league is getting seriously competitive at the top now. Score 124 points and come in 3rd! I climbed two places in the south east to 7th though, so I am made up with that result. Tomorrow is sprinters time and I have a few not so secret weapons after that bloody Eurosport preview.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I couldn't quite sneak Phinney in, with half an eye on the TTT.

I came up short by .2 grrr.

What did Eurosport say?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Our little league is getting seriously competitive at the top now. Score 124 points and come in 3rd! I climbed two places in the south east to 7th though, so I am made up with that result. Tomorrow is sprinters time and I have a few not so secret weapons after that bloody Eurosport preview.

Well I cocked up with my Basso over De Gendt selection and with Phinney winning instead of Rasmussen or G I can't move in my not so secret cheap dom now anyway. I don't expect such a good day for me tomorrow.

Btw, congrats on your move up the South East League. I've broken into the top 20 now as well :smile:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't even give going all out for prologue points a thought.
Working on the theory that with only 2 transfers, by the time you're sorted for the sprints they start going up hill.

I'm ready with Team Cav, and Garmin-ed up for Wed.
The only downer, as mentioned, I can't slot Phinney & jersey points in, all because of being .2 short.

Saying all of that, I bet I still score less than Art Garfunkel singing a Leonard Bernstein song, in the Middle East answer to Eurovision.

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Have you seen the categorised climb for tomorrow? 4th category reaching a height of 48 metres above sea level. Helpfully the organisers have put the feeding station just before so no one should blow up too badly.

They have clearly just made this climb up so they can award the jersey to someone in the breakaway.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Have you seen the categorised climb for tomorrow? 4th category reaching a height of 48 metres above sea level. Helpfully the organisers have put the feeding station just before so no one should blow up too badly.

They have clearly just made this climb up so they can award the jersey to someone in the breakaway.

48 metres? Blimey, not sure Cav will get over that. May have to rethink my selection. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would that be a triple, or just get the mechanics to put a bigger big ring, on the back?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
48 metres? Blimey, not sure Cav will get over that. May have to rethink my selection. :lolol:

I know, Road CC described it as flat, clearly only the premium members get the real profile. :nono:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
t02_herning_alt_sopr_1_600.jpg

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Three have broken away, and are a whopping eleven minutes ahead. Chances of staying clear: 0%.
The riders are Alfredo Balloni (Farnese Vini-Selle Italia), Olivier Kaisen (Lotto Belisol) and Miguel Rubiano (Androni Giocattoli).

My team for today; Cav; Bos; Thomas; Bennati, Phinney; Sergent; Bille; Larsson and Demare.

Doesn't look too windy on the forecast but it will be interesting to see what happens on that coast road.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Further details on the climb:

A total of 45 metres altitude gain over 1km at an average of 4 (four!)% and sections at 8%*. This climb is known as the Stelvio of Denmark.

* rumours that the 8% section is a speed bump are as yet unconfirmed.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It is gonna be carnage going in to that I suspect. To win you would need to be in the top 20 coming around that corner, so they are really gonna push up to there. Crash guaranteed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here