NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I haven't seen this in years:-

MV5BMTQ0ODkzMzQyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTI3NDQyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've already called time on tinkering tonight. The usual last minute check tomorrow for any late withdrawals. Assuming all my riders start tomorrow, they're in for the time trial good and proper.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Triplets of Belleville.

[video]http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi4227531033[/video]

You either go with it, or you won't.
This trailer should tell you whether it's for you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone signed up to any of the virtual cycle management games?

Laughing lots at that.

Were on a thread Pantani correctly named for Geeks.
We're discussing surreal French cinema.
and you ask that!

It's ok everyone knows, you don't have to keep reminding them! :lol:

Oh and no I haven't

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
One last minute change for me. My extremely time trial heavy team is as follows:

Cav, Thomas, Bennati, de Gendt, Phinney, Sergeant (last minute choice, swapped for Kwiatkowski who won a recent prologue in Germany), Bille, Larrson and Bobridge.

Happy with that, would have liked to have squeezed Rasmussen in if I could as I wanted some Garmin riders ready for the TTT. There are enough transfers between now and then to completely remodel my team though, so it is no big deal.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thomas, Basso, Bennati, Pinotti. Rasmussen, Nizzolo, Phinney, Clement, Vermote.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did put Ras in, my only nod to the prologue, assuming Smukulis is a little out of his depth.
Ryder and Roman are my 2 'bankers' to go through event.

Cav for the first week, Gatto and Ulissi, not Chicchi to be close by.
Again Smukulis might pick up the odd point.

Evgeni Petrov and Pauwels, shouldn't be in the team, yet.
But as I'm likely to forget the mountains, until it's too late to make wholesale changes, I'll carry a couple of back ups now.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
In some ways I may have gone too early with Basso, perhaps wait until week 2, and could have stuck with De Gent, especially if it's going to be windy on stages 2 & 3. But Basso will have to be up there from the off if he intends to win the thing so I thought I'd get him in early to save on transfers as I shift my doms around. Big man comes in tomorrow for me for the sprint week.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just realised I got the wrong Bille. There are two, Gaetan and Goikan, one finished fifth in the Andalucia prologue, the other is more of a breakaway artist. Wish I had swapped him out now and kept Kwiatkowski.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Kwiatkowski was on my TT list too, but in the end went with team mate Vermote.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
For me Basso will do nothing. He has been shocking all season, bar one decent stage in Trentino. Other than that I am keeping my cards close to my chest from here on in, I've got a few outside theories for the mountains and hilly mid stages.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blimey !, Eurosport playing some Augustus Pablo as background music in their Giro preview now. Respect ! :bowdown:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Blimey !, Eurosport playing some Augustus Pablo as background music in their Giro preview now. Respect ! :bowdown:

Makes up for nearly half an hour of stuff with some spanish steak eater who is not even competing.

Oh no, he is back. Doing my head in now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Makes up for nearly half an hour of stuff with some spanish steak eater who is not even competing.

Oh no, he is back. Doing my head in now.

With some Pablo playing the background, they can show who they like for me :lol:

Perfection for me would be some Tarantella and plenty of Gianmaria Testa music over beautiful shots of Italian countryside that the route will cover.

More Pablo now though :). The producer must have packed one of his albums in his bag for this assignment. Suits me fine :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here