Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes, but look at who he now rides for :facepalm: One man team if ever there was one!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And now I've gone and bloody started haven't I...tinkering! :nono:

Yank out for Frenchie and I can't be sure that it'll end there. I always regret this tinkering, no good can ever come of it, and what's more I've talked some bloody has been into a podium spot or something now and all I expect. Damn you SB!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's riding for OPQS isn't he.

I wouldn't call them one man team, they are a Classics team with 2 protected riders, 1 freelance, and 6 workers.
The thing is one of those will go up the road, if need be, and at least one will attack while the others are marked out of it.
A la the Garmin fella a year or 2 ago.

I've requested odds for Stybar, for a tiny ew bet, again.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He's riding for OPQS isn't he.

I wouldn't call them one man team, they are a Classics team with 2 protected riders, 1 freelance, and 6 workers.
The thing is one of those will go up the road, if need be, and at least one will attack while the others are marked out of it.
A la the Garmin fella a year or 2 ago.

Try Radioshack.

As for e/w bets. I've gone and put the mockers on one of my fantasy picks. Money down e/w on BB at 80/1.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Try Radioshack.

As for e/w bets. I've gone and put the mockers on one of my fantasy picks. Money down e/w on BB at 80/1.
Even better, they can do what they damn well please, it's not going to effect Cancellara!!.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Well, I appear to be racing with 8 riders. Stupid Gallopin.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blooming Skybet shysters.

Stybar didn't feature in the betting from 11/4 to 200/1, so last night I requested his odds.

Eventually, just before the off, they came back with 33/1.

I need to open a better account just for small ew cycling punts, any ideas?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I've got these Bolle glasses from screwfix and they are very good. Apparently they are very similar quality to their sports glasses, it's only that they can't sell them as 'safety glasses' with such a big mark up.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/bolle-clear-lens-contour-esp-safety-specs/95382

Good idea. I ride out with my normal bins when its cold, but yesterday they were of limited use. The snow felt like little needles jabbing my face and the normal bins did not prevent them from hitting my eyelids. Very off-putting and uncomfortable that was. I will look much less geeky though. Shame.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blooming Skybet shysters.

Stybar didn't feature in the betting from 11/4 to 200/1, so last night I requested his odds.

Eventually, just before the off, they came back with 33/1.

I need to open a better account just for small ew cycling punts, any ideas?

The well known bookies I have an account with don't offer great odds. I rarely bet anyway but got an account there because of an offer elsewhere. It seems Paddy Power offer the best odds from what I can gather.

Don't matter what account I have though, I never win a thing.

Live coverage is up, but no English feeds anywhere.

http://88.80.5.80/w00t/20130323/vv514d9d8481f0f949026011-547860.html

Typical! I knew I shouldn't have tinkered. Had a feeling about Phinney then convinced myself I needed Turgot or Kristoff instead. Put in Turgot and he's nowhere to be seen whilst the other two are in the ultra strong 50 rider front group :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I was thinking PP, too.

If you can get in early I've seen some really mouth watering odds on there quite often. Of course, it's never quite that simple...especially with my track record :(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you can get in early I've seen some really mouth watering odds on there quite often. Of course, it's never quite that simple...especially with my track record :(
Just when you think betting is a mugs game, you decide to pick 1-2 or 3 from a 200 strong field, in a race 200+kms, or an even easier 3 weeks :lol:.

So obviously it's just a bit of fun, although betting in niche markets with some knowledge has to be the way to go.

Sky really let themselves down, not only did they miss out on my £2 today, I think they are going to miss out all future £2's as well.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You watching that stream SB? Lovely French commentary and groups splitting up and reforming left right and centre. Classics are a great watch aren't they, so fluid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You watching that stream SB? Lovely French commentary and groups splitting up and reforming left right and centre. Classics are a great watch aren't they, so fluid.
Yeah kind of, trying to do housework too.

I'm still trying to learn Flemish!!!, it does make me laugh, although I have no idea who the FDJ rider is!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ladagnous, also Flecha in there doing a Strade Bianche and the Astana bloke is Bazayev.

Of course, the latter is only there to set up my man Borut FTW! :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ladagnous, also Flecha in there doing a Strade Bianche and the Astana bloke is Bazayev.

Of course, the latter is only there to set up my man Borut FTW! :thumbsup:
Bizarrely enough I had worked out Baz, Flecha was no problem, but I'd could listen for weeks and still not heard Ladagnous.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Canc and G abandoned apparently ???

And Boonen just hit the deck, doesn't look like he's keen on carrying on.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Will this group stay away? : Amador, Sagan, Bodnar, Vandenbergh, Debusschere, Eisel, Van Avermaet, Bozic, Bazayev, Flecha, Haussler, Popovych, Ladagnous.

1.25 with 35km to go. Cav trying to drive the chase.

Alternative question... will I keep talking to myself here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here