Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I still can't see it, but if Sagan takes this, you've got to be impressed with his effort.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yo yoing gap to keep us on the edge of our seats. Great stuff!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What can the team car have to say!!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Win in the bag now :clap2:

Can we get some interest from G trying the jump on Sagan for 2nd I wonder? Bit far fetched I know, but would be great to see him try.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just putting this here

[tweet]315132103689908224[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great stuff.

I do love watching a race on NSC, always enjoyable, now off to the bank. :wave:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oss nearly had Sagan there.

Great race! How revved up is Sagan going to be for Sunday now!? :)

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Last time I checked the forecasts last night, BBC gave me a 'stay in' vibe, but Sky gave me a 'its doable' vibe so that's the one I favoured. When I looked out at 5.45 it was a bit damp and visibility fine. When I looked out after getting ready, it was snowing albeit lightly. I had to go.

Very cold and when the snow was beginning to sort of settle on my bins I decided to change route and dodge the climb which seems to attract snow the most. With that I set off to the 1:6 which still defeats me. Mind you, this time I had already done a cat 5 and no exercise for 2 weeks. First attempt on the new bike and this is where I felt the biggest difference, kept lifting the front wheel which never happened with the MTB. Glad I went out, but cannot afford any periods of inactivity really.

23mar13.jpg

22 miles in 1h 45m. Didn't push it, so not too bad.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
You're braver than me! I have my 10km London commute to do, but will get the bus. It might be ok on the way in, but don't fancy this evening's ice...

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
2x Brits
1x Belgian
1x Swiss
1x French
1x Italian
1x German
1x Australian
1x Norwegian

Hoping for more than 12 points this time round...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Last time I checked the forecasts last night, BBC gave me a 'stay in' vibe, but Sky gave me a 'its doable' vibe so that's the one I favoured. When I looked out at 5.45 it was a bit damp and visibility fine. When I looked out after getting ready, it was snowing albeit lightly. I had to go.

Very cold and when the snow was beginning to sort of settle on my bins I decided to change route and dodge the climb which seems to attract snow the most. With that I set off to the 1:6 which still defeats me. Mind you, this time I had already done a cat 5 and no exercise for 2 weeks. First attempt on the new bike and this is where I felt the biggest difference, kept lifting the front wheel which never happened with the MTB. Glad I went out, but cannot afford any periods of inactivity really.

View attachment 40802

22 miles in 1h 45m. Didn't push it, so not too bad.

That's it. You've inspired me. I'm going out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just had a look for this post, it took some finding what with it being 3 pages back!!!.

As I said at the time, I love watching 'illegally' streamed European cycling while chatting about it on an English Championship football teams, independent message board, pretty eclectic stuff.
We got 60+ posts out of that race!!

As it stands:

2 x Germans
2 x Belgiumers
2 x Dutch
1 x Brit
1 x Cheque
1 x Frenchie.

Anyhoo, I lost Walter Mols so now:-

2 x Germans
2 x Belgiumers
1 x Brit
1 X Cheque
1 x Slovac
1 x Dutch
1 x Frenchie

I was very surprised to see Stijn Devolder in the 3 credit bargain basement.
But in an effort to broaden my team selecting I'm trying to not pick the same old faces, so I left him there.

All smart money now NEEDS to go on Stijn.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Remember that if the race goes ahead tomorrow, and it's still an if, it's already had 45km hacked off of it due to expected weather conditions and organisers will decide in the morning whether or not to take out some of the hills as well. Could lean more towards a bigger bunch sprint than ever?, although echelons are still likely to form along the coast to help with selection.

The good news is for me, kids footy already called off so if the race goes ahead I'll be able to watch it live after all :clap2: If it's put back to Monday I'm $%^&*(

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Which Stijn did you mean SB? There's several of them riding...at least.

Barring last minute line up changes tomorrow:

1 Aussie
1 Slovenian
1 Yank
1 Slovak
2 Belgians
1 Italian
1 French
1 Brit

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was very surprised to see Stijn Devolder in the 3 credit bargain basement.
But in an effort to broaden my team selecting I'm trying to not pick the same old faces, so I left him there.

All smart money now NEEDS to go on Stijn.

Which Stijn did you mean SB? There's several of them riding...at least.
:facepalm:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well it's late, and besides, it wouldn't be smart money on that particular Stijn now would it. It'll take more than you taking him out to turn his fortunes around again I reckon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well it's late, and besides, it wouldn't be smart money on that particular Stijn now would it. It'll take more than you taking him out to turn his fortunes around again I reckon.
Have we not met :lol:

He's decent enough on the cobbles, and got to be one of the more bankable points scorers in the bargain basement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here