Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I've gone for:
2 Brits
2 Italians
1 New Zealander
1 Slovakian (Bet you can't guess who it is!)
1 Dutchman
1 German
1 Norwegian

Saved, ready, can't wait (although I believe that I'm going to some football match at about lunch time).

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
I've gone for...

4 Italians
1 French
1 Norwegian
1 Russian
and I bet you can't guess these two
1 Swiss
1 Slovakian

If there is a bunch sprint I will be last in the NSC table, going for a breakaway of 4 to 5 surviving and a few Italians to round out the top 10.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I've put all of my eggs in the bunch sprint basket, but I have a plan B, just in case it goes to everyone else's plan A!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
1 Slovakian (guess who)
1 Brit
1 French
1 German
1 Italian
1 Aussie
1 Ukrainian
1 Dutch
1 Danish

At did do my original pick with 2 French then thought I'd change it all so no-one had two people from the same country.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My random rider generator threw up:

1 Slovakian (guess I gotta have a Cannondale)
1 Brit
1 Norwegian
2 Italians
1 Kiwi
1 Belgian
1 Russian
1 Spaniard

Had to do 7 changes mid week.

Not been out this morning. I might have a window at proper daft 0'clock tomorrow but will be as tight as a gnatt's chuff seeing as how we set off for the game at 9.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Not been out this morning. I might have a window at proper daft 0'clock tomorrow but will be as tight as a gnatt's chuff seeing as how we set off for the game at 9.

I took one look out of the window and decided that the gym was the more attractive proposition...I might get dressed at some point, and go. But then again...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
1 Saganish
2 Belgians
1 Swiss
2 Norwegians
1 Italian
1 Dane
1 Kiwi

Will probably change it again before the start. They have the prices dead on for this, every time you change it you need to sacrifice one of the riders you really want. Unless you have the balls to drop Sagan, then the world is your oyster.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm pissed off to discover that my joy at thinking MSR was on a Saturday was all wrong. So me thinking the timing was perfect now turns out that the timing is the worst possible scenario. Any other opposition tomorrow and I'd be staying in and watching MSR and giving the football a swerve.

Still not settled on my lottery numbers for MSR. Impossible to pick a team you really want as the pricing is, as Pantani says, spot on, so some juggling to consider here. I will almost certainly be going Italian heavy though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It seems the kiwi is getting some geek love, so I might transfer him out, assuming it's the same one.
I've just looked again at my French 'find of the decade', and he does check out, so he stays.

Other than that I'm done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cav anywhere between 7 to 9/1 for the win.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Cav anywhere between 7 to 9/1 for the win.

Interesting, might be worth a punt at that price. I've steered clear of the bunch sprinters in the main, having repicked my team, again. I know have:

1 Saganish
2 Italians
2 Norwegians
1 Dutch
1 French (I wonder if it is the same as your one SB, I suspect so, low cost, lovely spikey hair on his wiki?)
1 Swiss
1 Kiwi (Hayden Roulston) Lets not pretend we have not all searched for some 3 credit riders, and gone "Roulston, I've heard of him, he is in".

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It seems the kiwi is getting some geek love, so I might transfer him out, assuming it's the same one.
I've just looked again at my French 'find of the decade', and he does check out, so he stays.

Other than that I'm done.

Well he certainly is cheap as chips all things considered so he's a shoe in for me too. Not quite sure about being the 'find of the decade' though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nibbles on this? In the wet!? Can't wait! :clap:

[yt]lH6sjpX-t5U[/yt]

Real shame Cunego isn't riding too.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well he certainly is cheap as chips all things considered so he's a shoe in for me too. Not quite sure about being the 'find of the decade' though.

Are we all talking about the same frenchman though?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Are we all talking about the same frenchman though?

I'd be amazed if we weren't. At that steal of a price at any rate.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'd be amazed if we weren't. At that steal of a price at any rate.

I believe there are two bargain Frenchmen under 5 credits, one with a wider good record. One with a previous good result in MSR. I cannot afford the more expensive of the two unfortunately.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Having just credited the value of the riders for MSR they do still have some riders way over priced. Salvatore Puccio is 10.3, senior career high 6th in Trofeo Deia. Just because he rides for Sky does not make him a winner.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I believe there are two bargain Frenchmen under 5 credits, one with a wider good record. One with a previous good result in MSR. I cannot afford the more expensive of the two unfortunately.

well I saw him first so he's mine, and nobody else can have him.

I did go back to change HR, but it's not possible, so I'm sticking with my team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here