Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Funny how doing a new map in the opposite direction results in a different distance. Anyway, 32.57 miles this morning in 2:28:58. Think I've worked out the reasons for my downhill/braking nerves. Most roads I use are very narrow and closed in, so reaction time is minimal. Wider more open roads allow a lot more confidence.
All going well though?

T'is all about confidence, in yourself, the bike and the road.

Whiteways, Arundel, is at the summit of 4 climbs.

Two descents from the top, I could do no handed and blindfolded.
The other two I'd always pooh myself, only really freeing up myself and the bike for the last couple of hundred metres.

Horses for courses.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Nice.

Plenty of riders not even bothering to finish this race, which seems odd. De Gendt and Mr. over hyped himself - Gesink - abandoned today already.

Mini(F) is a bit gutted. She took out Bozic for de Gendt and Bozic is cleaning up on the sprint points.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
All going well though?

Yep, still loving it. Thought I was in a bit more 'attack mode' today up the hills but time no different really. I guess I paid for it on the flats. Certainly felt like more of a work out than last time.

Been out her 3 times and cleaned her painstakingly twice. Car looks like grass could grow on it in comparison.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh dear, I make it 26 pts for Tschopp so far, so he could decide this close Paris - Nice fantasy comp for us. Blown my chances I expect.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just first from the top 10.

Hoovered up a fair few KoM and yellow jersey points, along with everyone else, except 1066.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Hoovered up a fair few KoM and yellow jersey points, along with everyone else, except 1066.

How do you know everyone else had Tschopp?

Anyway, I also had 9th on the stage so stick that in your pipe and smoke it! :p

Bozic in 7th is the source of much discussion in this house :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just checked again. 1, 3, 4, 5, 6.

:facepalm:

You are still talking about yesterday I take it?

If you've got those placings on today's stage then you'll have cleaned up on the overall/national for the stage by a country mile.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not me, I thought it was the final stage tt today and did my transfers for that!

Mind you, the GC and TT big hitters are pretty much the same so you won't have lost much. At worse you've done yourself out of a classics type sprinter and Tschopp today. I'm curious as to just who did work Tschopp in for today. That should be the key to decide our winner.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

How do you know everyone else had Tschopp?

Anyway, I also had 9th on the stage so stick that in your pipe and smoke it! :p

Bozic in 7th is the source of much discussion in this house :lol:

Points are up.

I thank you!, it wasn't a Tschopp fest after all. None of the contenders had him in after all :p

Fair play though, 29pts will do you nicely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There may well be a lot of geek chat tonight, the rest of NSC is going to be very messy.

First rule of Fantasy - Jersey points.
You lot should be ashamed of yourselves.

8 points scorers today, I'm pretty sure I've never managed the mythical 9, so well happy with that.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There may well be a lot of geek chat tonight, the rest of NSC is going to be very messy.

First rule of Fantasy - Jersey points.
You lot should be ashamed of yourselves.

8 points scorers today, I'm pretty sure I've never managed the mythical 9, so well happy with that.

Don't want to labour the point, so I won't even mention my 9 scoring riders today then :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't want to labour the point, so I won't even mention my 9 scoring riders today then :wink:
Well played.

I'm sure I haven't done it as I can safely say I would even have peed myself off about, by the end of the day :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well played.

I'm sure I haven't done it as I can safely say I would even have peed myself off about, by the end of the day :lol:

Cranky is your well played man I think you'll find. All 9 for him, again probably, and out scored me on the stage, again.

Anyway, a clear stage winner for today. Well played that man with the fetching white socks and sandals :clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cranky is your well played man I think you'll find. All 9 for him, again probably, and out scored me on the stage, again.

Anyway, a clear stage winner for today. Well played that man with the fetching white socks and sandals :clap2:
T-chop needs to take some of the credit!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Great!, 0.2 away from the team I wanted for tomorrow. Back to the drawing board :(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great!, 0.2 away from the team I wanted for tomorrow. Back to the drawing board :(
I've gone pretty left field with at least one of my choices, but it's done now, with very little effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here