Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry 1066, but winter is now here.

So pack up you're lycra clad superstars, put the kettle on, a relax to the occasional series somewhat pithily called:-

Stat Brother's Bygone Age Of Cycling From Yesteryear Video Footage , or SBBAOCFYVF for short.

[video]http://www.wheelsuckers.co.uk/video/l-eroica[/video]

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

So pack up you're lycra clad superstars, put the kettle on, a relax to the occasional series somewhat pithily called:-

Stat Brother's Bygone Age Of Cycling From Yesteryear Video Footage , or SBBAOCFYVF for short.

That is a beautiful film!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit like riding Calshot I imagine. The back flip out of the golf bunker is madness.
That's where I did it, unbelievable, Jeff.

Yeah, the back flips pretty crazy.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Beautiful film and lovely part of the world, but wot, no Battaglin's?, or are they a tad too modern ???

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
While on the subject i will be looking for sponsorship next year as i am doing the olympic cycling road race course in an event called RIDE LONDON 100. 100 miles in 9 hours,i've already taken on box hill twice in the last week and for extra training i did ditchling beacon twice.

Have you set up a just giving type page yet. Good luck as well, do you have to do it within the olympic time limit to avoid elimintion :nono:.

On Sunday lots of the Paris Tours riders were bowling into the finish line looking absolutly cream crackered about 30 minutes after the race finish and I see they were all eliminated, just too darn fast.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
sold out, other than 20 pairs of gloves... oh well, amazon it is then.

Now, I don't want to appear like I'm on Aldi commission or anything, but if you missed out on base layers and stuff last time, pretty much the same stuff is on sale tomorrow in their Thursday running special.

ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 11th October 2012

The base layers I bought last time are really good and I've used them a few times already. As well as the long sleeves, they've got a vest and shorts version.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Now, I don't want to appear like I'm on Aldi commission or anything, but if you missed out on base layers and stuff last time, pretty much the same stuff is on sale tomorrow in their Thursday running special.

ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 11th October 2012

The base layers I bought last time are really good and I've used them a few times already. As well as the long sleeves, they've got a vest and shorts version.

Hurray for Crivit and also Crane clothing :clap: I've been and had a right old spend up today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well done.

I'm trying to groom a newbie [MENTION=23986]Glanders[/MENTION], but he's proving a little elusive at the moment :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well done.

I'm trying to groom a newbie [MENTION=23986]Glanders[/MENTION], but he's proving a little elusive at the moment :lol:

:lol: I clocked him on the Lance Armstrong thread too and thought he was prime for this thread. Could this be our elusive Vive la Pants from the fantasy game I wonder?. I still haven't figured it out. Teaboy is another option of course.

Anyway, hope you'll be saying well done again in a minute as I've really gone and done it now. Bought myself a second hand road bike yesterday after months and months agonising over cycle to work schemes and endless research on hybrid prices and specs. I've jumped right in at the deep end now and I think I'm going to enjoy relieving my youth. Pics to follow.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Only got it back home late last night. Needs a good clean up but here's a quick pic.

127.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here