Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cutress on BBC SCR now

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Syria is a fantastic country.... You will have a great time.

I'm really looking forwards to this trip. Not only does Syria sound fabulous but I am also commissioned to do exactly the sort of bizarre job that I love. In this case, I'm working for the Syrian Ministry of Tourism and "embedded" with a group of Scottish folk dancers as they perform at the Silk Road Festival. The idea is that the pictures will promote the particular joys of Syria. With added sporrans.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Syria is a fantastic country. The people are interested and interesting. Some of the things I wouldnt miss include Krak de Chevallier, the pole that Simon Stilites (sp) sat atop for forty years, the central mosque in Damascus (inc the exact spot that Christ will reappear, apparently, and the tomb of John the Baptist), the cellar that St Paul was taken to after he went blind, a village where they still speak aramaic, Palmyria.....the list goes on. You will have a great time.

Yes, Syria is a fantastic Country, with some wonderful sights. I'm not sure at the moment what the situation is with the border with Lebanon/Beirut - as that is a fasinating drive.

Only problem I had last time I was there was BA lost my suitcase, and there aren't exactly many well known High Street stores in Damascus!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Justice will be sweet when Cuttress and FPC find out the Government will ease up on restrictions on building on greenfield sites and the village becomes extended by the building of 3000 homes for social housing ! That would be a perfect scenario but unfortunately it will never happen - unless..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here