Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Curtains for the BBC...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apart from the 210 million people per week who listen to BBC output in over 40 different languages or the millions who listen to BBC podcasts via BBC sounds you might have a point.

That's why das reich and baker shite hate the BBC. It caters for foreigners.

Nadine Dorries, though. I'm just glad she left nursing - perhaps a few extra people got to live a bit longer as a consequence :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
About what, that you actually believe this horseshit about the BEEB will actually happen, get a grip man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:lolol:

You're not so bad after all, are you? No idea why I have you on ignore. Some long distant pro-Brexit rant, maybe? I'm not famous for 'live and let live' :wink:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
That's why das reich and baker shite hate the BBC. It caters for foreigners.

Nadine Dorries, though. I'm just glad she left nursing - perhaps a few extra people got to live a bit longer as a consequence :facepalm:

This Nadine Dorries?

272021679_10159282616733822_1045553478402149464_n.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
'The'? You mean another one, surely?

I meant 'the' one back from his ban. I had hoped it would be permanent. He has no redeeming features. How anyone can be jubilant about the demise of the BBC is beyond me. Especially as it will never happen. Can he not afford a few quid?

Putting mad Nad in charge of the show, though, is just another one of Johnson's deflectionary tactics, now he has been properly found out (again). A bit like when Thatcher, losing the plot, put that fat oaf from Luton in charge of football :facepalm:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I meant 'the' one back from his ban. I had hoped it would be permanent. He has no redeeming features. How anyone can be jubilant about the demise of the BBC is beyond me. Especially as it will never happen. Can he not afford a few quid?

Putting mad Nad in charge of the show, though, is just another one of Johnson's deflectionary tactics, now he has been properly found out (again). A bit like when Thatcher, losing the plot, put that fat oaf from Luton in charge of football :facepalm:

I actually thought it was permanent, given a comment that was made at the time, but hey ho....he's an irrelevance, anyway.

As for 'it will never happen', nothing really surprises me, anymore - the general dumbing-down and bigotry of the 'silent' (lol) majority is an indication of how far down the slope we're heading.

I'm glad I'm of an age to not have to grow-up through these times of absurd muppetry, though I feel for those with a more than a singular brain-cell that do.

As for a 'deflection', of course it is - the bloke is utterly desperate and living on borrowed time, although there's plenty who are genuinely too thick to see it.

Still, I'm expecting at least a point on Tuesday. :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Evening H here's a little tune to ease the pain

https://youtu.be/qQzdAsjWGPg

Regards
DF

If laughing at Mad Nad, imagining that she's actually going to be able to make a lasting contribution to anything is pain....bring me agony!

:lolol:

And in other news, MP's suspension reported by the BBC results in MP vowing to defund the BBC. Oh, the agony. Bring it on. :lolol:

mad nad.JPG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I actually thought it was permanent, given a comment that was made at the time, but hey ho....he's an irrelevance, anyway.

As for 'it will never happen', nothing really surprises me, anymore - the general dumbing-down and bigotry of the 'silent' (lol) majority is an indication of how far down the slope we're heading.

I'm glad I'm of an age to not have to grow-up through these times of absurd muppetry, though I feel for those with a more than a singular brain-cell that do.

As for a 'deflection', of course it is - the bloke is utterly desperate and living on borrowed time, although there's plenty who are genuinely too thick to see it.

Still, I'm expecting at least a point on Tuesday. :)

I wouldn't worry about tory 'plans'. Dorries is the tory equivalent of Dianne Abbott, and is probably in the team for the same reason as Abbott (the party leaders enjoyed a confort shag with them when they were younger).

Dorries is good at selling things off, though. She owned some private health company when she lived in Africa, and flogged it to BUPA. :eek:

I suspect she will find there are quite a few things you could do in Africa 20 years ago that you can't do in the UK now. Stay in her job for long, being one of them :lolol:

Anyway, let's not let Mad Nad deflect us from the fat rumble causing all the strife. Johnson. Johnson of resign, as he will soon be known. ???

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Absolutely brilliant news. Of course this has gone down like a lead balloon on here. I swear this is a Marxist board now.

So British and Proud you have a MAGA cap as your Avatar, try not to be so obvious.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The BBC are full of centrist journos who have bent over backwards to be nice to the Right to save their own skins. They’ve now been properly owned and while I shed a tear for public service broadcasting, I accept the BBC were too cowardly to defend it

But it’s not about protecting BBC journos. It’s about protecting something that belongs to you and me - the taxpayers.

Jonathan Harmsworth and Rupert Murdoch, along with politicians who will sell their soul to whoever hate the BBC because it belongs to us, not them.

We would be selling out our asset and getting nothing in return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely brilliant news. Of course this has gone down like a lead balloon on here. I swear this is a Marxist board now.

And yet you’d be the first to admire how Jonny foreigner relies on the BBC World Service for truth.

You have been so mugged you don’t even realise it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
The BBC licence fee will be abolished in 2027 and the broadcaster’s funding will be frozen for the next two years, the government has said, in an announcement that will force the broadcaster to close services and make further redundancies.

The culture secretary, Nadine Dorries, will announce that the cost of an annual licence, required to watch live television and access iPlayer services, will remain at £159 until 2024 before rising slightly for the following three years.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Great news, progressive liberals up and down the country will be made up with this decision.

Regardless of the perceptions of value that many will think the licence fee is, I suspect the writing is already on the wall re funding levels from current licence fee payers. The pandemic is changing the ways businesses and institutions operate, and it has given the BBC a headache here. They are unable to prosecute non payers as per pre pandemic, and I think in current times they would rightly be condemned for criminalising non payers (typically women and the poor) in court. Over 75s for example are being exempted already and that constituency is it’s loyal core. The BBC know younger generations won’t pay it so decriminalisation is happening by default and the death of the current system is nigh.

On a different note, whoever commissioned their programmes on Dubai should be sacked, the glorification of billionaires lifestyles in a metropolis built in the desert without a mention of the environmental damage caused and being caused was incredible. One moment on BBC 1 Dave was wetting his bed again about the weather, and some Tupperware floating in the ocean on the other side of the world. Meantime on BBC2 we had the unremitting indulgence of the global rich and their jet setting lives. It’s like someone forgot the doctrinal messaging on climate change.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/inside-dubai-bbc-review-what-thinking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here