Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currie latest

Patcham BHA

Jul 27, 2004
Darren Currie should sign a one-year deal at some point tomorrow. He wants a two-year contract, but the club are offering one year with an option for a further year once that has expired.
If we can get him and keep him fit, he's got what it takes to do a job in Div 1 - the slightly slower pace will suit him because rapid he most certainly is not.:clap2: :clap2:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I also heard that both "are set to sign tomorrow" (Nicholas being the obvious other one), contact at work before anyone asks, but as with everything I carry a pinch of salt around with me until its confirmed :)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think a years contract is a bit generous. Didn't look anything special last night.

Patcham BHA

Jul 27, 2004
My understanding is that Currie will sign, but Nicolas won't because he's too similar to what we've already got.
Should have more on this at about 2 pm tomorrow.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Having not seen either, at least its more numbers in midfield where we are lacking, and will provide more competition for places.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Patcham BHA said:
If we can get him and keep him fit, he's got what it takes to do a job in Div 1 - the slightly slower pace will suit him because rapid he most certainly is not.

:ohmy: Quite worried that you believe Div 1 is slower! No time on the ball = pace needed!

Patcham BHA

Jul 27, 2004
It's common knowledge that you get longer on the ball in Div 1 than in Div 2 - especially if your touch is any good - and Currie's is.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Currie latest

Wilts said:
:ohmy: Quite worried that you believe Div 1 is slower! No time on the ball = pace needed!

its not like a "head down and meaningless run around like a chicken looking for its head" division like Div2, Div1 will be all about the wingers and forwards making runs whilst the centre mid act like the great china wall and dont let anything through to the defence. Even Sheringham, in his role behind the strikers at West Ham, we be able to mosey about and not break a sweat, just play the right ball and that will be fine.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
I am hoping purely that in anyone vertical hoops isn't given any time to touch the ball on Saturday. Get into em, fck em up... that's our style. ;)

Lush

Mods' Pet
Trigger said:
We've got to sign both of them, we can't be expected to get anywhere with Oatway & Lee.

I agree with the latter, but lets not be too hasty about this.

Is it THAT difficult to keep yourself fit if you're not playing? Why is Currie so unfit?

It has that last chance Kitson payday written all over it.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I heard we were going to offer Currie 3 months but he wanted more so was reluctant to sign. I am sure he will have plenty of offers lower down.

Nicolas is under contract. Chelsea rate him highly enough to play him three times last season.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I just had a vegetable korma from Tesco and it was lovely.

baz

Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't sign Currie at all based on last night. He was rubbish. Send him back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here