FX trader and rate setter for a large global company

whinging arrogant red braces wearing trader alert

:p :D :D :D :D

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
king Wombat said:
IT consultant unlucky enough to be working on SAP BW for the last 5 years.

What a pile of *****..

We are changing to SAP HR in the next year or so . I heard it was bad - oh dear

Dandyman

In London village.
Stinky Kat said:

Can't be as bad as Oracle. :nono:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
empire said:
we aint going to need it,its whats been crying out for ages in lancing.lets hope the solictors speed up,been waiting ages

whereabouts will it be?

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Stinky Kat said:

SAP R3 is ok. SAP BW is getting better just takes a lot of heartache to get it working properly and there are a lot of cowboys around who can't do it!

if you got a good 'bunch' of consultants/contractors and you are willing to change your business a bit then should be ok..

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
king Wombat said:
if you got a good 'bunch' of consultants/contractors and you are willing to change your business a bit then should be ok..

That's the key - SAP is a package based on 'best practice (ish)'. Adopt the SAP practices and it will work well (and be cheaper than adopting SAP to your practices) But the number of companies who believe that 'no-one else does things the way we do' :rolleyes:

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Lecturer, tonight teaching company law to a Premiership footballer who was sent off against Donny Rovers yesterday

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
WATFORD zero said:
That's the key - SAP is a package based on 'best practice (ish)'. Adopt the SAP practices and it will work well (and be cheaper than adopting SAP to your practices) But the number of companies who believe that 'no-one else does things the way we do' :rolleyes:

every company I've ever been to does things differently.
Its quite amusing and er hardwork to convince them that a lot of the time the stuff they are reporting on means absolutely FA..

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The ones i love are the companies that believe you cannot understand their business if you haven't been in it for 40 years.

When you give them a report telling them how to improve their processes after a few days or weeks they invariably say 'oooh you seem to have picked up what we do very quickly' (although not as camp as it looks when typed).

Course i have you idiot that's my job :lolol:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I am currently working as a freelance joke writer for T-mobile. The idea is that me (and many others of course) write jokes about current events and then send them to 100 friends.As there are 200 of us employed nationwide that is 20000 texts sent on each good joke.The aim of the company (who in fact work hand in hand with the other mobile networks) is to get 2 million texts for each good joke. This is £ 200,000 worth of business per gag. Most of the New Orleans jokes originated from our dept.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here