Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cup game at Newport

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Personally I want FA Cup to be cancelled, I cannot see any benefit from tested PL players playing against untested players

The FA has ensured a similar regime at the lower league clubs for the cup, but I get your point.

I'd imagine the testing will lead to a few cancellations.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I was going to say I would play the strongest eleven to get the winning feeling back in the group then again I have no idea what that is, and what’s worse neither does Potter.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I was going to say I would play the strongest eleven to get the winning feeling back in the group then again I have no idea what that is, and what’s worse neither does Potter.

In the unlikely event it does go ahead, I doubt we will see any 1st team players put at risk of catching Covid.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
With the recent transfers i'm guessing;

Sanchez

Yapi
Veltman
Burn
Bernardo

Propper
White

MacAllister
Gross
Jahanblask
Zeqiri

Steele
Tsongui
Weir
Izqurio
Sanders
Jenks
Tau
Khadra
Maupay

Rested:
Dunk
Webster
Trossard
March

Injured:
Lamptey
Llalana
Welbeck
Connolly
Alzate

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Assuming Lamptey is still injured, and Alzate still mysteriously unwell - and that we won't be mingling the 1dt. team and U23 squads together - I'd go for:

Sanchez
Veltman - White - Burn - Bernardo
Moder* - Sanders
Tau - MacArgie - Gwargis
Zeqiri​

*Propper or Lallana (if fit) if Moder not here in time.

Subs: Steele plus eight fit or nearly fit others ...............................

Last edited:

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Assuming Lamptey is still injured, and Alzare still mysteriously unwell - and that we won't be mingling the 1dt. team and U23 squads together - I'd go for:

Sanchez
Veltman - White - Burn - Bernardo
Moder* - Sanders
Tau - MacArgie - Gwargis
Zeqiri​

*Propper or Lallana (if fit) if Moder not here in time.

Subs: Steele plus eight fit or nearly fit others ...............................

Moder is indeed still in Poland

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
We've got Citeh and Leeds this week.

I trust that no usual first teamers will be anywhere near this

I hate that, look what happened after we got beat by Sheff Wed last year - we have to play those in and around the first team - they will all be chomping at the bit to play, get a win and take that momentum into the league games - obviously rest those with niggles like Connolly, Lallana and Welbeck but otherwise pick the strongest team with maybe Yapi given a go seeing as Lamptey is out for awhile I really hope to see:

Steele

Yapi
Veltman
Dunk
White
March

Propper
Bissouma

AliReza
Maupay
Zeqiri

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Walton/Sanchez
Tapi, Veltman, Burn, Bernardo
Sanders, Moder
MacAllister
Ali J, Zequiri, Tau

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not sure how good a pitch they have or whether they have a reputation as 'cloggers' but with 2 important games in next 6 days I see this as a game for our U23s and maybe some new first teamers coming on if the conditions are ok to get some minutes in.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

You're a very negative soul aren't you.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
We've got Citeh and Leeds this week.

I trust that no usual first teamers will be anywhere near this

I doubt even with our best side (still don't think Potter knows this) we will get anything from that game.

Might as well give the FA Cup the respect it deserves. It is a competition that Brighton could actually win, and its not like the club is full of honours.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I doubt even with our best side (still don't think Potter knows this) we will get anything from that game.

Might as well give the FA Cup the respect it deserves. It is a competition that Brighton could actually win, and its not like the club is full of honours.

You honestly believe that we could win it?

A team that can't buy a win, near the bottom and whose home record is 'patchy'.

I don't.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
You honestly believe that we could win it?

A team that can't buy a win, near the bottom and whose home record is 'patchy'.

I don't.
CH got to a semi final and a narrow defeat to City. The club is roughly in the same position as it was then, though I think there is more potential in this squad.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
CH got to a semi final and a narrow defeat to City. The club is roughly in the same position as it was then, though I think there is more potential in this squad.

Fair enough.

I think we're considerably easier to beat nowadays than the semi-final year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here