Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Cummings (and goings)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I seem to remember you had to jump through all sorts of hoops in order to vote for the Trump apologist in the GE

View attachment 130420

So you've certainly earned the right to have a go at Johnson's team :thumbsup:

As you know I’m a thicko, so you’re going to have to explain that one to me? Please.

1d1900b35c439bf963b1cfa37d237347.jpg

Come on , I’m all ears explain?
c0546756208ffacc4eda01cbb0189f31.jpg

Oh and the Gap has gone silent which would suggest he can’t explain his weird post.

Still haven’t explained this post, come in don’t be shy....

Er ...This ?

I voted tactically today, I swapped my Labour vote with someone from Burgess Hill who will vote Green and I’m voting Brexit Party....

Have you considered that maybe you're not thick, just very, very forgetful :facepalm:

And pretty excitable :lolol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Er ...This ?

Have you considered that maybe you're not thick, just very, very forgetful :facepalm:

[emoji23] Brilliant you’ve been searching for that for ages, I’m in Hove and voted Nemeth, that was an extremely tongue in cheek post but fair play for digging it up well done sir, [emoji122] I’ve never voted the Brexit party or UKIP fact.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes I wonder if the reason things have developed at such speed is because Boris now realises he was bounced into this lockdown prematurely by the data, and there is still the issue of the leak to the press on the Friday which created the media pressure to lockdown.all feels like the hand of Cummings and co in my opinion.

This group leaving has nothing to do with lockdown or Covid or leaks to the press. If that was the case Cummings would have gone ages ago. To respond to a previous post, Cummings being "pro-lockdown" is irrelevant, because The Tories are split right down the middle on the subject.

The Conservative has been at war with itself for a while and post brexit it was always a marriage of convenience anyway. This is all about power and influence over the Prime Minister.

What lit the fuse was their new idea of daily press briefings USA style. Allegra Stratton got the job, but would only report into Boris directly and not Cummings mate Cain.

Boris hating confrontation, promoted Cain but a number of influential MPs (and Symonds who felt Cain mismanaged the PR around her argument with Boris when the police were called) blocked it. The whole thing explodes and Cummings being very local to Cain has resigned.

A lot has been made of Carrie Symonds influence, but she is no fool. She was previously The Conservative Party Head of Communications so I'd imagine has a keen eye on how communications are being handled.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
[emoji23] Brilliant you’ve been searching for that for ages, I’m in Hove and voted Nemeth, that was an extremely tongue in cheek post but fair play for digging it up well done sir, [emoji122] I’ve never voted the Brexit party or UKIP fact.

I've just finished dinner with my family and looked at my phone to find numerous post quotes from you. I thought I had better reply as you seemed to be getting quite excited :shrug:

Have a good evening :bigwave:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Pity you couldn't stick around and take some responsibility for his actions. Instead he has run away no doubt with a large pay off.

Wonder what shadowy think tank he'll turn at...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This group leaving has nothing to do with lockdown or Covid or leaks to the press. If that was the case Cummings would have gone ages ago. To respond to a previous post, Cummings being "pro-lockdown" is irrelevant, because The Tories are split right down the middle on the subject.

The Conservative has been at war with itself for a while and post brexit it was always a marriage of convenience anyway. This is all about power and influence over the Prime Minister.

What lit the fuse was their new idea of daily press briefings USA style. Allegra Stratton got the job, but would only report into Boris directly and not Cummings mate Cain.

Boris hating confrontation, promoted Cain but a number of influential MPs (and Symonds who felt Cain mismanaged the PR around her argument with Boris when the police were called) blocked it. The whole thing explodes and Cummings being very local to Cain has resigned.

A lot has been made of Carrie Symonds influence, but she is no fool. She was previously The Conservative Party Head of Communications so I'd imagine has a keen eye on how communications are being handled.

How come she did not get the message that being in close proximity to Johnson for any length of time tends to result in a pregnancy ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Pity you couldn't stick around and take some responsibility for his actions. Instead he has run away no doubt with a large pay off.

Wonder what shadowy think tank he'll turn at...

Harry Cole (Symonds ex) keeps popping up as Sun deputy political editor everywhere. This country :facepalm:

May 5, 2020
Sussex

Yes,this makes sense.
I was aware Carrie Symonds is an extremely competent in the world of politics and has a deep understanding of how the conservative party works and how it's MPs think and feel about issues because of her role as communications secretary. I meant to put that on my original post.
I got the feeling she could see what what going on and intervened to help Boris and I was trying to understand the angle in this.
What you say does make sense.
I still have a feeling that this lockdown and the leak may have added to the split that you already mention,but this is just my unsubstantiated opinion on things I've seen said and read so I'm not going to argue the case.and it's probably very minor anyway on top of what you have divulged.
Thanks for your insight into this.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is this the beginning of the biggest ever U-turn?

Has the election of Biden blown a face saving American trade deal out the water, leaving the Government up shit creek without a paddle?
Has Cummings walked rather than face humiliation at the hands of the EU when we crawl back , begging for a deal?

An old Chinese curse, May you live in interesting times.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Has the election of Biden blown a face saving American trade deal out the water, leaving the Government up shit creek without a paddle?
Has Cummings walked rather than face humiliation at the hands of the EU when we crawl back , begging for a deal?

I'm not sure he had that much influence recently on Brexit negotiations. He was actually supposed to leave after the election, press reports saying he had put off an operation after being persuaded to stay.

Once Brexit (and the election was done) he was supposedly working on reforming the civil service and he a had a particular bug bear with the Ministry of Defence.

I'd imagine such matters are on the back burner. Strikes me as someone who has got bored and was looking for an excuse to leave, rather than someone forced out.

Walking out of 10 Downing Street to make it look like he was sacked is typical Cummings weirdness.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Has Cummings got tickets to Opera and his northern brethren are up in arms?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How come she did not get the message that being in close proximity to Johnson for any length of time tends to result in a pregnancy ?

Conspiracy theory time - I’m not 100% convinced there was a pregnancy. Announced in Feb, birth date early summer, but gave birth in April. A couple of months later a photo showed a toddler with a full head of hair, siting up.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Conspiracy theory time - I’m not 100% convinced there was a pregnancy. Announced in Feb, birth date early summer, but gave birth in April. A couple of months later a photo showed a toddler with a full head of hair, siting up.

Right I’m out of here, as annoying as you are I thought you were always on an even keel!

Night night.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Right I’m out of here, as annoying as you are I thought you were always on an even keel!

Night night.

Does look quite well developed for a baby under three months old though! https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-pictured-with-son-for-first-time-as-pm-and-partner-speak-to-midwives-12031516

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

a friend likes to speculate on this theory, never had a explanation for why they would do it.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Yes,this makes sense.
I was aware Carrie Symonds is an extremely competent in the world of politics and has a deep understanding of how the conservative party works and how it's MPs think and feel about issues because of her role as communications secretary. I meant to put that on my original post.
I got the feeling she could see what what going on and intervened to help Boris and I was trying to understand the angle in this.
What you say does make sense.
I still have a feeling that this lockdown and the leak may have added to the split that you already mention,but this is just my unsubstantiated opinion on things I've seen said and read so I'm not going to argue the case.and it's probably very minor anyway on top of what you have divulged.
Thanks for your insight into this.

Really??? Well let's hope so for all our sakes because she appears to be running the country at the moment!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Do you not remember Village of the Damned starring the late, great Sir John. Mills? ..... The surprisingly clever and fast developing group of blonde children?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm not sure he had that much influence recently on Brexit negotiations. He was actually supposed to leave after the election, press reports saying he had put off an operation after being persuaded to stay.

Once Brexit (and the election was done) he was supposedly working on reforming the civil service and he a had a particular bug bear with the Ministry of Defence.

I'd imagine such matters are on the back burner. Strikes me as someone who has got bored and was looking for an excuse to leave, rather than someone forced out.

Walking out of 10 Downing Street to make it look like he was sacked is typical Cummings weirdness.

Strikes me as someone who gas been well and truly dumped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here