Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palarse

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I heard on the football league show they made 9 changes for a League game on saturday ( and lost) I think they have one eye on the tin pot cup semi final, how gratifiying it will be if they get relegated by a single point??

I am looking forward to tomorrow night to see them get humped by Cardiff, and then to gloat at the nigels at work...

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Well to be fair if they get through there is a fair chance their caravans will be in europe next season.

And if they got relegated, the amount of games next season would be hilarious :lolol: JPT, FA cup 1st and 2nd rounds, likewise carling cup 1st and second rounds, 46 league game, very early european games with very long journeys.

:lolol:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Well to be fair if they get through there is a fair chance their caravans will be in europe next season.

They'd have to win the final to qualify for Europe.

I know there are calls from Cardiff fans for them to be deducted points for doing it, but I personally don't see anything wrong in resting players, that's why clubs have squads and why Premiership clubs can name 25 men to feature for them throughout the year. The only problem is the advantage it gives other teams from playing weaker sides, but I don't think this is enough to warrant stopping a manager from rotating his team as he see's fit. Palace are unlikely to go up and sure as hell won't go down so of course a Carling Cup Semi Final should be their priority. Nowt wrong in that in my opinion and I wouldn't have complained if we were in their position and Gus did something similar.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If they get into the final they will have a hansome payday. If by some freak off chance they won the cup they would play in Europe, can't say I blame them.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Wish Cardiff still played at Ninian Park as they'd make it as intimidating as possible for Palarse tomorrow night and think they'd stand a better chance. That ground was like the old Den at Millwall.

The thought of Palarse at Wembley makes me feel sick. :down:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I heard on the football league show they made 9 changes for a League game on saturday ( and lost) I think they have one eye on the tin pot cup semi final, how gratifiying it will be if they get relegated by a single point??

I am looking forward to tomorrow night to see them get humped by Cardiff, and then to gloat at the nigels at work...
And played very well for 85 minutes, We will have a full strength squad out for your lot next week and thump your sorry arses!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Going by current league positions it should be a formality for Cardiff ...... Just like us against Wrexham.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They'd have to win the final to qualify for Europe.

I know there are calls from Cardiff fans for them to be deducted points for doing it, but I personally don't see anything wrong in resting players, that's why clubs have squads and why Premiership clubs can name 25 men to feature for them throughout the year. The only problem is the advantage it gives other teams from playing weaker sides, but I don't think this is enough to warrant stopping a manager from rotating his team as he see's fit. Palace are unlikely to go up and sure as hell won't go down so of course a Carling Cup Semi Final should be their priority. Nowt wrong in that in my opinion and I wouldn't have complained if we were in their position and Gus did something similar.

I think Cardiff would also be upset if Blackpool finished a point ahead of them for the last play off place

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Getting into the premier league would be much more rewarding than winning the cup!
Naaah, been there done that 4 times (and been relegated immediately), and we usually end up in administration a couple of years after.

I would genuinely prefer a trip to Wembley, with a chance of winning a major trophy and a jolly up in some God forsaken place in Latvia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here