Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace vs Middlesborough

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Palace can bang on all they like,they have peaked to early,their form since December 1st is lower midtable,expect them to miss out altogether..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I hope you can manage disappointment well.

I have got used to it over the years,i hope your luck finally runs out and i/we get to laugh this season....

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The form table shows a Palace side missing every single one of their first choice defenders and midfielders. Ward, Paddy, Gabbidon, Jedinak, KG, Garvan, Moritz, etc. all missing.

Means nothing now that we'll have all but 2 of them back in the next week or two.

The modern game involves have a squad of players rather than a group of players that make up the first 11.#

Does Palace still adopt the principle of a first 11, and then have players of a lower ability to come in for any of them where one of the "first 11" are injured, its a very outdated way of running a team rather than a squad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Palace can bang on all they like,they have peaked to early,their form since December 1st is lower midtable,expect them to miss out altogether..

Can Palace handle 27000 full of hate vs their 2600 allocation?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

I dont normally go in for all the rivalry bullshite, not the venom part of it anyway as I have better things to worry about.
But the answer to your question is yes.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Who will you want to win?

as much as it pains me to write this but i want them to pick up 3pts as boro are the team we can catch but would take anything but boro winning
we can have the pleasure of knocking the scum out of play offs or maybe the final what a dream that would be.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

They might find the Amex a bit noisey that day,if we play well i expect it to be the best yet

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
They might find the Amex a bit noisey that day,if we play well i expect it to be the best yet

Cheers gold for confirming what we all knew anyway, you'll only make some noise if its going well. Very 'sing when you're winning' type support. But seeing as the majority of your lot are more concerned about avoiding the crowds to get home early than supporting 'their' team I'd expect nothing less.

Still at least you will all have an opportunity to watch and learn what real support is :)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Cheers gold for confirming what we all knew anyway, you'll only make some noise if its going well. Very 'sing when you're winning' type support. But seeing as the majority of your lot are more concerned about avoiding the crowds to get home early than supporting 'their' team I'd expect nothing less.

Still at least you will all have an opportunity to watch and learn what real support is :)

Not from palace we won't.

Last year we only heard them for the last ten minutes.FACT.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Not from palace we won't.

Last year we only heard them for the last ten minutes.FACT.

I can't comment on your hearing problems of course, but it was the whole 90 old boy. Fair play for being one of the few Brighton that were there in the last 10 minutes though. Never seen a ground empty after just an equaliser before.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Putting the rivalry aside you always want a draw between rivals when it is not clear which is the weaker as one point then is not awarded.

You want a winner if you believe you are more likely to catch the other team. Dont think that applies here despite boro's terrible recent form.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Each game is a test of your teams credentials now - football being mostly about confidence I would expect us to beat Boro and whether we do or not will say a lot. Provided that happens, Boro really are your best shot at a play-off place. But then again I would imagine wanting a Palace win would make you feel dirty...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here