Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace vs Middlesborough

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
No , its all based on logic. We play our game in hand on Tuesday , a win takes us above Middlesbrough in the table should they lose to Leeds. A win for Middlesbrough and Brighton next Saturday suits both of us and puts Palace under even more pressure.

Fair enough. Your prob be within 2 or 3 points of us before the March 17th game and your fans will be getting all excited. But we all know you will then bottle the chance to go above us with a win, instead going down to another humiliating defeat with Glenda getting the winner. I'll leave you with that thought, good night!

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
:lol::lol::lol: Delusional.

Yet the way some of you lot harp on it's as if you're already above us!

Blackburn for you on Tuesday and Boro for us on Saturday. If you lose and we win, the difference will be a mighty 10 points but it could also be 4 points so I've no idea why you're all so confident based on your current performances.

The remaining 15 games are going to be topsy turvy that's the only guarantee.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Yet the way some of you lot harp on it's as if you're already above us!

Blackburn for you on Tuesday and Boro for us on Saturday. If you lose and we win, the difference will be a mighty 10 points but it could also be 4 points so I've no idea why you're all so confident based on your current performances.

The remaining 15 games are going to be topsy turvy that's the only guarantee.

I'm not confident at all regarding our form. I don't know where you get that impression? I just find it amusing that some of you are so confident of finishing in the autos despite being on poor form atm.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I'm not confident at all regarding our form. I don't know where you get that impression? I just find it amusing that some of you are so confident of finishing in the autos despite being on poor form atm.

4 points out of our last 6. Extremely unlucky not to have won last night, completely demolished Charlton and Watford with a team that is far from first choice.

6 first teamers still to return to the squad after being injured for extended periods of time. We've been playing with a second string defense and midfield for weeks now, leading to some poor results. With our first team back in a week or two we're extremely well set for a promotion charge.

We're not all confident of finishing in the automatic promotion spots. However all but the most pessimistic fans are confident of a top 6 finish. We're simply too good to not be in the top 6.

The fact that we're 1 point off the automatic promotion spots helps too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fair enough. Your prob be within 2 or 3 points of us before the March 17th game and your fans will be getting all excited. But we all know you will then bottle the chance to go above us with a win, instead going down to another humiliating defeat with Glenda getting the winner. I'll leave you with that thought, good night!

Makes it all the more interesting if it is a "6 pointer" , a loss for Palace will see the gap completely disappear.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
4 points out of our last 6. Extremely unlucky not to have won last night, completely demolished Charlton and Watford with a team that is far from first choice.

6 first teamers still to return to the squad after being injured for extended periods of time. We've been playing with a second string defense and midfield for weeks now, leading to some poor results. With our first team back in a week or two we're extremely well set for a promotion charge.

We're not all confident of finishing in the automatic promotion spots. However all but the most pessimistic fans are confident of a top 6 finish. We're simply too good to not be in the top 6.

Bookmarked.

Cheers.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Yeah ok, you keep up your confidence :thumbsup: Coming on a Brighton forum to try and boast is pretty sad though.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
0-0 draw obviously but with Glenn Murray marching on doing a hitler salute and goose stepping triggering a Suarez/Terry type ban and Parishs wig blowing off.

Marvelous Panto Scenes! :clap:

ps Please can we also have young Wilf Haha being stretchered-off premeturely - after being hit on the knee by a flying empty crisp packet: & launching himself turfward in the wrong penalty area?

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
[QU

We're not all confident of finishing in the automatic promotion spots.

What happened to Briefly away from the top?/QUOTE]

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
ps Please can we also have young Wilf Haha being stretchered-off premeturely - after being hit on the knee by a flying empty crisp packet: & launching himself turfward in the wrong penalty area?

What! Are you suggesting that the young chap often attempts to fool the officials with simulation? I won't hear of it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hate to break it to you but we're not actually playing next Saturday?

f*** , just noticed , do we get the game awarded to us as a 3 nil win by turning up at Oakwell and Barnsley aren't there :facepalm:. Gives us another game in hand on THE SCUM though.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
You're going to be very disappointed come the end of the season :lol:

M'boro, Bristol City and Sheffield Wednesday in the next 3 games. We'll probably be in second.

That will be Sheffield Wednesday who are third in the form table, playing Crystal Palace who are 14th in the same form table?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
with a team that is far from first choice.

6 first teamers still to return to the squad after being injured for extended periods of time. We've been playing with a second string defense and midfield for weeks now, .

The modern game involves have a squad of players rather than a group of players that make up the first 11.#

Does Palace still adopt the principle of a first 11, and then have players of a lower ability to come in for any of them where one of the "first 11" are injured, its a very outdated way of running a team rather than a squad.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
That will be Sheffield Wednesday who are third in the form table, playing Crystal Palace who are 14th in the same form table?

The form table shows a Palace side missing every single one of their first choice defenders and midfielders. Ward, Paddy, Gabbidon, Jedinak, KG, Garvan, Moritz, etc. all missing.

Means nothing now that we'll have all but 2 of them back in the next week or two.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The form table shows a Palace side missing every single one of their first choice defenders and midfielders. Ward, Paddy, Gabbidon, Jedinak, KG, Garvan, Moritz, etc. all missing.

Means nothing now that we'll have all but 2 of them back in the next week or two.

Have you paid your bet yet?

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

Which automatically means you will win? Even if you have your best 11, your point about your next 3 games being easy was wrong given Wednesday are one of the form sides in the division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here