Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crystal palace vs coventry

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
No I seriously think your headcount is a phenomenon and I'm truly impressed. Perhaps you should let Palarse officials know of this talent of yours, they may not cook the books on your attendances. Although I'd be more concerned that your team are so shyte that you resort to counting heads?

Tried and tested routine eh London Blue ? Ignore my point, pick on something insignificant, exaggerate and keep banging on about it on .....and on .......and on ......... ad infinitum to the exclusion of all other topics etc. heigh ho whatever
nearly there :)

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
But that's just it Mr Burger, may I call you Tummy ? We will sing for 90 minutes win lose or draw, will all your new fans ? I think not ...

Yes Nige you may.

Here we go again "New fans". I give up

You were winning against us at Selhurst for just about the whole game, and I could not hear anything.

Anyway, enough. This conversation is making me feel like I am 14 all over again.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Thank you Tum (is that too familiar ? )
Its different now, better, but we will see soon won't we, just hope I can get a ticket :-(
Selling to those who have been to all 3 away games first and i'm not going to make Hull...
The atmosphere at your place is going to be amazing, hope the football does it justice :)

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
You see you have done it now. I just laughed out loud with that first line.

Is it not funny that Palace fans take the mickey about the AMEX all of a sudden being full. YET, all Palace fans want to come and visit us this time. When you didn't sell the 750 ticket at Withdean ( so I am lead to believe ). In other words our stadium has had the same effect on your travelling support as it has had on our sleeping / part time fanbase. Amazing really what affect a decent ground can make, especially to generating income. Someone on here quoted that the club turned over 1.6 million from the one game against Doncaster, which if true is astounding. If you guys manage to get your new stadium built, I will be as concerned about you lot as Palace fans clearly are about us.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE TICKET.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
***Message for BHAFC_Pandapops***

‎....PLEASE don't start Palace threads, this board is now POLLUTED with them......and its not the GOOD polluted.....

May 2, 2010
You see you have done it now. I just laughed out loud with that first line.

Is it not funny that Palace fans take the mickey about the AMEX all of a sudden being full. YET, all Palace fans want to come and visit us this time. When you didn't sell the 750 ticket at Withdean ( so I am lead to believe ). In other words our stadium has had the same effect on your travelling support as it has had on our sleeping / part time fanbase. Amazing really what affect a decent ground can make, especially to generating income. Someone on here quoted that the club turned over 1.6 million from the one game against Doncaster, which if true is astounding. If you guys manage to get your new stadium built, I will be as concerned about you lot as Palace fans clearly are about us.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE TICKET.

if and when it happens which is clearly some years down the the line I dont think we would be another "Darlington" happening in the grand scheme of things.

GBCPFC

Aug 17, 2011
Murray? Is he one of your top players then?

Fair do's as it seems you were actually there. Although u hasd pretty much the same ammount of shots as Cov so your blinkered view is prob wrong.

Just to be clear, we had a total of 14 shots, they had 8. We had 11 corners, they had 5. I would call that relative dominance, and, as someone at the game yesterday, I can confirm that we played very well (not hoofball) and that we ripped Coventry to shreds. Say what you will, it is hard to argue with the facts.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Tried and tested routine eh London Blue ? Ignore my point, pick on something insignificant, exaggerate and keep banging on about it on .....and on .......and on ......... ad infinitum to the exclusion of all other topics etc. heigh ho whatever
nearly there :)

Is there a most competition for the most boring contributor to NSC ? I did think that bloke from Norwich would take the title - but you are head and shoulders in the lead. If you are going to come on another club's board - at least be interesting. Please.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Just to be clear, we had a total of 14 shots, they had 8. We had 11 corners, they had 5. I would call that relative dominance, and, as someone at the game yesterday, I can confirm that we played very well (not hoofball) and that we ripped Coventry to shreds. Say what you will, it is hard to argue with the facts.

I like this quote from the BBC:

"In a dour opening 45 minutes, neither side had a shot on target"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is there a most competition for the most boring contributor to NSC ? I did think that bloke from Norwich would take the title - but you are head and shoulders in the lead. If you are going to come on another club's board - at least be interesting. Please.

It's got to be one of these:
hove, born and sacked from blogging on the Argus 6/4
dull little yellow parrot, mike71 3/1
this boring metal-detecting Nigel from Coulsdon 8/11

GBCPFC

Aug 17, 2011
Erm, actually if you READ the statistics on that page, it shows the average AWAY attendance for the season:

So just to be clear its got NOTHING to do with which division you are in or what your home ground is like.

1 1 Leeds United Championship 3,484
2 2 Nottingham Forest Championship 2,035
3 3 Norwich City Championship 1,926
4 4 Leicester City Championship 1,876
5 1 Sheffield Wednesday League 1 1,722
6 5 Queens Park Rangers Championship 1,510
7 6 Cardiff City Championship 1,501
8 2 Southampton League 1 1,487
9 3 Brighton & Hove Albion League 1 1,396
10 4 Huddersfield Town League 1 1,310
11 7 Burnley Championship 1,293
12 8 Hull City Championship 1,264
13 9 Derby County Championship 1,256
14 10 Millwall Championship 1,201
15 11 Portsmouth Championship 1,165
16 12 Crystal Palace Championship 1,157
17 13 Ipswich Town Championship 1,084
18 14 Middlesbrough Championship 1,064
19 15 Sheffield United Championship 978

And explain to me how many Exeter's, Plymouth's, Hartlepool's and Carlisle's did you have last year

O.K, here is the excuse.

Using the attendance tables, 9.1% of the fans who go to our home games travel away, yet just 6.9% of your fans travel, meaning, frankly, we have a better 'quality of fan'.

I am not a religious person, but in the bible, there is a story of a rich man who gives a lot of money to charity, and a poor woman who gave a penny. Jesus said that the woman gave more, because she gave a higher percentage of her money, and it meant more to her than to the man.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I work with a Palace supporter, he said Selhurts was very quiet for most of the match last night, until they had scored.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
O.K, here is the excuse.

Using the attendance tables, 9.1% of the fans who go to our home games travel away, yet just 6.9% of your fans travel, meaning, frankly, we have a better 'quality of fan'.
We were getting 7,000 last season which is what that table is measuring. :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here