Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crystal palace vs coventry

May 2, 2010
The BBC site gives Cov 51% possession and says you didn't manage a shot on target in the 1st half. Is it wrong?

dont believe everything you read from the BBC, we had a perfectly good goal ruled out because Murphy went down like he'd been cracked in the ribs by Tyson and he made 2 parrys from on target shots to boot, all in the first half.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes and last year you didn't have your own stadium and you were in non lea.... sorry League 1, point is do you want to live in the past or the present ?

Erm, actually if you READ the statistics on that page, it shows the average AWAY attendance for the season:

So just to be clear its got NOTHING to do with which division you are in or what your home ground is like.

1 1 Leeds United Championship 3,484
2 2 Nottingham Forest Championship 2,035
3 3 Norwich City Championship 1,926
4 4 Leicester City Championship 1,876
5 1 Sheffield Wednesday League 1 1,722
6 5 Queens Park Rangers Championship 1,510
7 6 Cardiff City Championship 1,501
8 2 Southampton League 1 1,487
9 3 Brighton & Hove Albion League 1 1,396
10 4 Huddersfield Town League 1 1,310
11 7 Burnley Championship 1,293
12 8 Hull City Championship 1,264
13 9 Derby County Championship 1,256
14 10 Millwall Championship 1,201
15 11 Portsmouth Championship 1,165
16 12 Crystal Palace Championship 1,157
17 13 Ipswich Town Championship 1,084
18 14 Middlesbrough Championship 1,064
19 15 Sheffield United Championship 978

And explain to me how many Exeter's, Plymouth's, Hartlepool's and Carlisle's did you have last year

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
we played some of the best passing football I have watched at Palace for a long time

It's relative though isn't it (I don't mean your sister), you looked good against a shit team WOW. You won't look that good at the Amex as you'll be playing better opposition.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Hmmm why is it all of a sudden not important to you son? You were telling us of the great atmosphere not that long ago?

sigh ok pops ... I don't need to prove or brag of a great atmosphere, there is... its a fact, come and see for yourself.
The point I was alluding to is how the official attendance could possibly have been half full (or empty), as proved by your time warped companions who seem trapped in a nether world of yesteryear our official capacity is around 25k ... 26k before they separated the fans by a sea of impenetrable plastic killofilm.

My eyes aren't so bad that I cant make out a full seat ie one with someone sat in it from an empty one.

There is an anomaly between the attendance as stated and what is clear to the eyes. thats all

May 2, 2010
why do palace fans come on here and tell us how good they play against a really shit coventry side, im puzzled

Err because they beat us last year at home with the nucleus of the squad they have now, and they are a far bigger club with far more resources a much bigger state of the art stadium , all in all a bit of an achievement after our struggles last season. HTH/ JAT.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
sigh ok pops ... I don't need to prove or brag of a great atmosphere, there is... its a fact, come and see for yourself.
The point I was alluding to is how the official attendance could possibly have been half full (or empty), as proved by your time warped companions who seem trapped in a nether world of yesteryear our official capacity is around 25k ... 26k before they separated the fans by a sea of impenetrable plastic killofilm.

My eyes aren't so bad that I cant make out a full seat ie one with someone sat in it from an empty one.

There is an anomaly between the attendance as stated and what is clear to the eyes. thats all

Ahhh I see, your headcount is more accurate than official attendances, could be one reason I guess.
The other could be Palarse cooking the books again to cheat the taxman out of true revenue, they have a good reputation for doing that.

Probably somewhere in the middle of both.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Attendance table

Pos: 20
Club: Crystal Palace
Total attendance: 25,497
Average: 12,748

See what you mean. Must be difficult only having 13,000 seats for home support? Arthur must be huge!

Your attendences will drop to 15,000 for a Saturday game and 12,000 for a midweek game within 12-18 months, mark my words. You have the novelty of a new stadium, a new league and a winning mentality at the moment, once that wears off normal service will resume. The plastics and Gus will soon fly the nest, deep down you know it. Maybe then all the fans you have left can sit in that one huge stand that holds 12,000, leaving the other 3 tiddlers empty?

Onto my next point; you really are obsessed with us aren't you? 10 pages on a thread about a match that doesn't even involve your own team? Get over us boys and girls, i know you'd love the likes of Ambrose, Speroni, Gardner, Moxey, Clyne, KG, Scannell, Zaha, Murray (i could go on) in your squad but envy is not a nice trait. Bring on September 27th, as i say, Wilf and Scan will tear you apart.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Ahhh I see, your headcount is more accurate than official attendances, could be one reason I guess.
The other could be Palarse cooking the books again to cheat the taxman out of true revenue, they have a good reputation for doing that.

Probably somewhere in the middle of both.

I can tell already that there is going to be no pleasing you ...

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Err because they beat us last year at home with the nucleus of the squad they have now, and they are a far bigger club with far more resources a much bigger state of the art stadium , all in all a bit of an achievement after our struggles last season. HTH/ JAT.

Yet Coventry are broke sold most there best players and had academy players in the squad to make up numbers, well done ya beat one of the weakest sides in the league.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Your attendences will drop to 15,000 for a Saturday game and 12,000 for a midweek game within 12-18 months, mark my words. You have the novelty of a new stadium, a new league and a winning mentality at the moment, once that wears off normal service will resume. The plastics and Gus will soon fly the nest, deep down you know it. Maybe then all the fans you have left can sit in that one huge stand that holds 12,000, leaving the other 3 tiddlers empty?

When did you hitch up a tent on the seafront and start telling futures? Here's one for you... Palarse v Rotherham - League 1 - 8,000 att.

We can all do it see?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Yet Coventry are broke sold most there best players and had academy players in the squad to make up numbers, well done ya beat one of the weakest sides in the league.

You struggled to beat Donny...JAT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here