Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crystal palace vs coventry

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:rotlf:

98th minute winner in home opener sound familiar?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

You lot will be exposed tomorrow.

How the f*** is that pot kettle?! I said you SCRAPED 2 injury time goals against prob the weakest team in the div - not 1 but TWO. And it wasn't your home opener - you played there on Sat - perhaps try going to the odd game or brushing up on your stats. Twat.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
:rotlf:

98th minute winner in home opener sound familiar?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

You lot will be exposed tomorrow.

I fully expect that we will, so anyway, it must be exciting times after last season's depression, I'm surprised its taken you lot over a week into the new season to re-surface.

Oh of course, you lost to Peterborough on the first day *snigger*

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Our fans are a bit embarrasing with this thread, but not as much as Palace getting dizzy over beating COVENTRY in the last minute :lol:

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Our fans are a bit embarrasing with this thread, but not as much as Palace getting dizzy over beating COVENTRY in the last minute :lol:

Its not so much beating Coventry as gaining 3 points, and I'm sure you will admit that 2 late goals to win a game we had dominated made a fantastic night especially for those who were there to enjoy the atmosphere, you overturned a deficit recently i'm sure you remember how great it feels.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Fair play to Palace they may well be above us after tonight (a whole three games into the season). However, they will have played two home games to our one and the teams they have played only got 1 point from their 4 games against other teams (as compared to 3 points from their 3 games against Palace). Shows the quality of your opposition. We, on the other hand, beat Donny (who have no points) and Portsmouth, who we are the only team to beat in the league. As for tonight, it is potentially one of the toughest games of the season so a point would be fantastic.

But don't worry about that Palace fans. You enjoy being above us for now.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
It wasn't the fact that we beat Coventry that was pleasing, but that we played incredibly good football, and for the life of me I won't understand how we didn't win more comfortably. Up front, we now have more game changers, most of whom are from our youth team, that we will cause problems for every team we play against this season if we play like in the last two games.

Garvan, who is much maligned, and came so close to joining you, absolutely dominated the midfield, and we hardly put the ball in the air all night. It will be a close run thing on the 27th, but if Zaha, Scannell et al keep going as they are, you certainly won't have it all your own way.

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
To be fair Cov at home is prob one of the easiest games of the season and you scraped 2 injury time goals. You may be feeling good now but deep down you've accepted another BORING season of struggle - and envy of your rival who are now a lot bigger than you are.

shhhhh.....:bla:

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
Fair play to Palace they may well be above us after tonight (a whole three games into the season). However, they will have played two home games to our one and the teams they have played only got 1 point from their 4 games against other teams (as compared to 3 points from their 3 games against Palace). Shows the quality of your opposition. We, on the other hand, beat Donny (who have no points) and Portsmouth, who we are the only team to beat in the league. As for tonight, it is potentially one of the toughest games of the season so a point would be fantastic.

But don't worry about that Palace fans. You enjoy being above us for now.

A team as mighty as BHA should batter the Welsh Twats.

We took 4 points off of them last season - that's right, little old Palace. Imagine if they turned you over?

Personally, I'm going 3-1 Albion and the relentless march (back up) the table continues......

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
A team as mighty as BHA should batter the Welsh Twats.

We took 4 points off of them last season - that's right, little old Palace. Imagine if they turned you over?

Personally, I'm going 3-1 Albion and the relentless march (back up) the table continues......

I don't think anyone is saying we are mighty on this thread. It is Palace fans coming on to say you are above us in the league all I was doing is pointing out that it is early days and Cardiff is notionally a harder game than either of us have faced so far (obviously we can't be sure of this until later in the season). Also, Cardiff are a very different team to last year so hardly a fair comparison.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its not so much beating Coventry as gaining 3 points, and I'm sure you will admit that 2 late goals to win a game we had dominated made a fantastic night especially for those who were there to enjoy the atmosphere, you overturned a deficit recently i'm sure you remember how great it feels.

Cricky a palace fan who posts on here that went to the game, that's quite a novelty

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Same points and goal difference. It's amazing how many Palace are on here today crowing that they've managed to catch up with us. I wonder how many will be on tomorrow morning after our game in hand has been played. They're really quite worried about us aren't they?[/QUOTE]NO....:lolol:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
f*** me. You have played 3 games, we have played 2. And you are jerking off over the league table.

I don't think we will get anything from tonight. So you will STILL be above us after a massive 3 games. Seriously? f***ing hell.
Well you lot have been jerking off since the opening game of the season and gave us stick for losing against Peterborough, So we'll have our moment where we can, For the record our lads played some fantastic football last night best I have seen in ages so get used to us winning.....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
f***ing hell all this after three palace games and two for the albion. Jesus.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Well you lot have been jerking off since the opening game of the season and gave us stick for losing against Peterborough, So we'll have our moment where we can, For the record our lads played some fantastic football last night best I have seen in ages so get used to us winning.....

Not being funny mate, ya played one of the worst teams in the league, ya won with 2 injury time goals one in the 96th Min, you were playing a team with that had about 5 youth academy players in it as there broke and cant buy anyone else. But one min let me pass the tissues to you after your amazing win.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Sorry so you played the best football you have seen in ages yet only beat Coventry (who had lost all three previous games in league and cup) with two injury time goals. Suggests that when you don't play such fantastic football you are going to get stuffed to be honest and that you must have crap strikers.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Sorry so you played the best football you have seen in ages yet only beat Coventry (who had lost all three previous games in league and cup) with two injury time goals. Suggests that when you don't play such fantastic football you are going to get stuffed to be honest and that you must have crap strikers.
Well, bearing in mind our top 3 strikers are injured and our new signing couldn't play, that would suggest that our striker was average which being Jermaine Easter, he was. Doesn't have the footballing brain to get on the end of the crosses.

Had Murray, Iversen, Ambrose or new signing, Pedroza played up front, it would have been 3 or 4-0 by the time Coventry scored.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Not being funny mate, ya played one of the worst teams in the league, ya won with 2 injury time goals one in the 96th Min, you were playing a team with that had about 5 youth academy players in it as there broke and cant buy anyone else. But one min let me pass the tissues to you after your amazing win.
5 youth academy players...

Scannell, Zaha, Williams etc etc. 20 year old, 17 year old, 16 year old. Best players on the pitch.

And your entire post sums up your game vs Doncaster other than it being the 98th minute.

Difference being, we didn't have to break a player's leg to beat them.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
5 youth academy players...

Scannell, Zaha, Williams etc etc. 20 year old, 17 year old, 16 year old. Best players on the pitch.

And your entire post sums up your game vs Doncaster other than it being the 98th minute.

Difference being, we didn't have to break a player's leg to beat them.

I take it you know alot about Coventry, one of my best mates is a season ticket holder, so i hear daily what is going on. But hey you get the tissues out about beating a side that has a bloody high chance of being relegated this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here