NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
IMHO we need experience and strength coming o…oh he’s putting on Facundo

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We’ll have bought him because the data we have suggests the potential is there. Were we expecting him to be our sole defensive midfielder this season? Probably not.
He only played 500 minutes for the first team in France. For the price is it fair to say we should expect a bit more?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
The only good thing about that goal is that it came then and not on 50 minutes. Will wake up the players (fingers crossed).

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
You what? They hardly touched the ball for about 35 of the 45 minutes - but they are attempting to be more incisive when they get it. We’ve become a bit Potteresque in possession without March & Enciso.
Don't need to be touching the ball to be organised and coherent.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think take Baleba off, drop Gross back and bring on Fergie
Baleba is off, thank f***.

Still too early to write him off, he only broke into first team in France months ago, but he isn't up to the pace yet.

Looks like he's won a competition to play tonight.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
He only played 500 minutes for the first team in France. For the price is it fair to say we should expect a bit more?

I think we can expect a lot more, but probably not without the player going through the painful mistake-strewn learning curve that turns a player from a youth player into a first team player. For better or for worse, he’s making the transition right in front of us.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Seem to be really lacking intensity, which I suppose isn't to be unexpected.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
He’s being boxed in by 3 defenders every time he’s on the ball - very frustrating for him - And he’s having to drop deep and defend every time Palace have been on the ball down that right channel - his strength is being a forward receiver but it’s been left to Gross to do all the pressing - it’s a mess tonight all round - I’m not even sure what position everyone is playing in. It looks all over the place. Dunk is the only one playing well and Hinshelwood had a good half. Igor, Gilmour and Beleba look asleep.

Palace have marked us so well and been solid in defence, you have to give them that - but we’ve ended up playing long inaccurate balls and losing too much possession. We look like a very tired team who’s looking ahead to their Christmas holiday already.

Even his touch has been poor though and on one occasion misplaced a pass and passed to nobody, just a green patch of grass. He's just generally well off it recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here