Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Verbruggen has to be number one to learn his trade. No games, no development.

Steele is a League One shot stopper at best, we need to phase him out. He's great on the ball, but this will be learned by Verbruggen.

If we persist with a keeper who's not very good at keeping, we'll always have an achilles heel.

Be patient with Bart, as he's the future, but will make mistakes while so young and in this apprentice role.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Clutching at straws already but in recent games we’ve seemed to play a bit better after going behind 🙏

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Every feckin time.

I cannot stand the slow play out the back.......wish they would feckin hoof it up sometimes.......

We are sooooooooo slow.:mad:
Maybe come back and support when De Zerbi has left? We don't know the philosophy his replacement will have but he won't change his due to a few fans watching at home criticising our style.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
That half was inexusable, embarrassing, naive, arrogant and shit. That's on RDZ as well. If we lose going for it no problem but pointless recycling of the ball for what? To wait for Palace to get back in their shape? It's the worse set of tactics I've ever heard and that's what I've just seen.

Hodgson is playing narrow and we can't cope. RDZ that's on you.

I hope we come out second half and play with some passion. f***ing go for it. They've got a week off after this. Such misplaced confidence.

I'd bring on Welbeck for Baleba and push Gross back. Hinshelwood has looked the most inventive player (he ducked at Gross cross didn't he? Not that he would have got it anyway) and that's saying something.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We are the MASTERS of playing perfectly into the hands of shithouse teams like Palace. We train to attack all week long. They train to defend and counter.

Get the ball to Mitoma and Adingra. Move it QUICKER, ideally before half f***ing time.

For f*** sake!
The amount of times we allowed palace get back into shape was infuriating. Really trying to hold off being overly critical because of the demands.of a europa season and the ridiculous injury list, but no excuse to turn back/slow the game down as often as we did in that first half

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If players aren’t prepared to boot it out of play or upfield it’s because they are scared of a bollocking. If this was Potter we would be slaughtering him for this run of form and the same mistakes over and over. RDZ needs a kick up the ass .
Nothing wrong with the coach. He needs a bit of support from the boardroom

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Did we panic by Beleba because he’s a bit crap at this level and needs a loan for a season

We’ll have bought him because the data we have suggests the potential is there. Were we expecting him to be our sole defensive midfielder this season? Probably not.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Watching this Brighton team this season feels at times like watching early Poyet teams. We clearly WANT to play it around at the back, and we do a lot. But there just isn't the ability there from players like Gilmour, Baleba, Dahoud to show for it, recieve it, turn & pick a pass at this level before being closed down. So we spend a lot of time recycling it with little purpose, energy or thought as to what doing so might achieve. I'm afraid we've spent a lot of time doing just that in this match, and been punished for it.
This.

The fannying about at the back is great, if we break the lines and the risks bring rewards, but right now it isn't. Its unnecessary risk without reward.

Yet again a team on a terrible run, (no win in 6, 1 win in 10 I was reliably informed), has Brighton rock up bearing gifts.

How many times.

On a terrible run, can't buy a win, no problem, we're here to accommodate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here