Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace v Man Utd. FA Cup Final

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If only we had a rich sugar daddy to pump in 250 Million. Surely you can understand the excitement of a final at Wembley?. Silly me, of course you cannot :rave:

You morons still don't get it do you?

Palace: In administration twice within 12 years(?) Screwed suppliers for £Millions both times.

Brighton and Hove Albion: Got screwed by a group of people, lost its home ground and finally a lifelong fan pumps money into 'his club' that levels the playing field a little.

Can you spot the difference?

Unlikely.

Then you say you lot winning would be good for the game. Unbelievable.

You can fvck off now.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
You morons still don't get it do you?

Palace: In administration twice within 12 years(?) Screwed suppliers for £Millions both times.

Brighton and Hove Albion: Got screwed by a group of people, lost its home ground and finally a lifelong fan pumps money into 'his club' that levels the playing field a little.

Can you spot the difference?

Unlikely.

Then you say you lot winning would be good for the game. Unbelievable.

You can fvck off now.

Do you still suck your thumb? :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Actually I have never had to, the only place I have seen it called that is on forums. Im actually quite fond of Selhurst for sentimental reasons more than anything, but of course I would like us to have a better stadium.

And those of us who think back fondly to the Goldstone can well understand that.

Enjoy the day tomorrow - they don't come round very often for clubs like Palace or Brighton. You wouldn't expect me to hope that enjoyment extends to a Palace victory, but as underdogs you can focus on having a good time, taking a positive result as a bonus (see us v Bristol City in Cardiff).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pardew's presser was superb. It's like he's a caricature of himself, the smug tosspot.

As well as all the how 'great it would be for English coaches' bollocks, I loved this line - "We're a good side, who play exciting football. We haven't quite hit those heights, the second half of the season.."

Haven't QUITE hit them, Alan!? What was it - ONE win in TWENTY games? I am honestly gobsmacked (and delighted) that they've extended his contract. As good news as Hughton's extension, for all the 'wrong' reasons.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
And those of us who think back fondly to the Goldstone can well understand that.

Enjoy the day tomorrow - they don't come round very often for clubs like Palace or Brighton. You wouldn't expect me to hope that enjoyment extends to a Palace victory, but as underdogs you can focus on having a good time, taking a positive result as a bonus (see us v Bristol City in Cardiff).

:cheers:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Do you still suck your thumb? :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

You really are a moron aren't you?

Avoid the subject completely with a childish response.

Like I said: You can fvck off now.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Pardew's presser was superb. It's like he's a caricature of himself, the smug tosspot.

As well as all the how 'great it would be for English coaches' bollocks, I loved this line - "We're a good side, who play exciting football. We haven't quite hit those heights, the second half of the season.."

Haven't QUITE hit them, Alan!? What was it - ONE win in TWENTY games? I am honestly gobsmacked (and delighted) that they've extended his contract. As good news as Hughton's extension, for all the 'wrong' reasons.

Two wins actually :facepalm:

I am surprised about the new contract, saying that though Parish is pretty shrewd. So I can only assume(and hope) that there are clauses attached. I cannot imagine he would risk having to pay out millions given the second half of this season.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Hopefully a 5 - 5, sending's offs and then extra time and penalties couldn't care less who won! but I kind of feel sorry for LVG so hope he wins

Highlight of the season for me this ....
JS83773716.jpg

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Nice bit of research , how have you been ? I haven't heard from you in a while . The bbs is missing your observations and slant on things :ffsparr:

Really? I am surprised to hear that you and the BBS are missing me, as I have not posted since the middle of last year, when some sniveling gimp complained I was a Brighton fan when I posted on GPD board. After that I was banned and not even able to post on the away section. We don't seem to get the same same freedom to post on BBS that you get on here.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

It's not a subject, it's bullshite. We had chairmen who were out of their depth , what in ****s name could we do about that? You had a chairman who tried to **** you over. Is it fair we went into administration, not really but that happens everyday in business and there is stuff all that I or you can do about it. Is it fair that a rich bloke can come along and pump 250 million into a club, not really fair on the other clubs competing but then again there is stuff all I can do about it as its business as well. I really only care about what happens on the pitch.

Childish response, telling someone to **** off :facepalm:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Two wins actually :facepalm:

I am surprised about the new contract, saying that though Parish is pretty shrewd. So I can only assume(and hope) that there are clauses attached. I cannot imagine he would risk having to pay out millions given the second half of this season.

15th. 42 points. FA Cup final. Not that shrewd. Doesn't matter how those points come or at what time as long as you get them. 2 league wins, but 5 cup wins too in 2016. I've never liked the guy, but offered that at the start of the season and you'd have snatched their hand off.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
As I am in the minority and can see through the contrived artificiality of a rivalry between a London club, which is closer to Reading, Luton, Southend and every single club in the Metropolis, than a club backing onto the sea, I shall be rooting for the underdog, as I usually do. I have no time for the elitism at the top of our game and nothing would please me more than to see Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea go into terminal decline. It won't happen of course, the Pl has guaranteed that. Therefore, the smaller clubs have to grab at the scraps that fall off the top table.

I don't spend every waking hour ( like a lot of BHA fans on here ) worrying what Crystal Palace are up to. I don't hang on their results, as if it is the be all and end all. I don't get reflected satisfaction when they have lost at the same time as us ( very strange, that ) I don't sing songs about Steve Coppell, as if he is the devil incarnate. What I care about is the game itself. I want to see the stranglehold that certain clubs have been allowed and encouraged to develop, broken. I want to see a fairer spread of money and success. The signs are, from last season, that there is a glimmer of hope. The last thing I want, is another big club winning another trophy.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
15th. 42 points. FA Cup final. Not that shrewd. Doesn't matter how those points come or at what time as long as you get them. 2 league wins, but 5 cup wins too in 2016. I've never liked the guy, but offered that at the start of the season and you'd have snatched their hand off.

I know what you mean, I fully agree. I have never been Pardews biggest fan, even less so now. But I think Parish will give him one more transfer window but if we do not start well I think he will be off. I cannot see Parish giving him an improved contract without any clause should he need to get rid of him. Then again with the money now, who knows. Football gets crazier every season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't expect you to give a monkeys and I fully expect you to hope we lose. But saying the fa cup does not matter, is like us saying the Amex is crap.
The FA Cup does matter and always will.

Haven't heard much about it this year, mind.

Only 3 weeks until football restarts on June 11th anyway :lolol:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I am fairly open-minded to his skills as a manager - others better qualified than me say he must have something, but his persona makes my skin crawl..
"He's not the Messiah..he's a very naught boy!"

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

He still hasn't responded to me yet about their two American sugar daddies who are paying to rebuild the Sh*t house (eventually) But thats OK for him that they can do this and no way does it compare with Tony Bloom investing his money to his own club, that's cheating in their minds. They should really have changed their name to Crystal Hypocrites in 2010

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I said months ago that Palace would stay up comfortably and they did and that they would be in the final. And so it was proved and I am sure any Palace fan would axccept that as a good season.

I hope thats where the "luck" ends however.

My last contribution to this thread is that there should be a ****ing away end. Jesus christ.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
FA Cup Final with 2 sh*te teams no thanks ! I'll be watching the cricket saturday and unless, ok when we have another batting collapse or rain I'm painting something so I can watch it dry instead ... :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here