Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace v Man Utd. FA Cup Final

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Unless I'm mistaken didn't the BBC revert to retro 'all day build-up' cup final coverage last year? With Palace in the final they appear to have shelved it this year, their coverage starting at 4:15pm.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Unless I'm mistaken didn't the BBC revert to retro 'all day build-up' cup final coverage last year? With Palace in the final they appear to have shelved it this year, their coverage starting at 4:15pm.

clearly the licence payers need a touch of value for money........sadly tuppeny happeny two bob suburban palace fail to deliver.....

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
As I am in the minority and can see through the contrived artificiality of a rivalry between a London club, which is closer to Reading, Luton, Southend and every single club in the Metropolis, than a club backing onto the sea, I shall be rooting for the underdog, as I usually do. I have no time for the elitism at the top of our game and nothing would please me more than to see Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea go into terminal decline. It won't happen of course, the Pl has guaranteed that. Therefore, the smaller clubs have to grab at the scraps that fall off the top table.

I don't spend every waking hour ( like a lot of BHA fans on here ) worrying what Crystal Palace are up to. I don't hang on their results, as if it is the be all and end all. I don't get reflected satisfaction when they have lost at the same time as us ( very strange, that ) I don't sing songs about Steve Coppell, as if he is the devil incarnate. What I care about is the game itself. I want to see the stranglehold that certain clubs have been allowed and encouraged to develop, broken. I want to see a fairer spread of money and success. The signs are, from last season, that there is a glimmer of hope. The last thing I want, is another big club winning another trophy.

Man U are no longer the team to be feared and Palace are hardly going to stretch them that and the late kickoff has resulted in me missing the Cup Final and watching the Highlights [If ANY], I over heard a conversation in the bus queue today which very near summed up my feelings plus playing at Wembley is no longer the icing on the cake as they way things are going we can expect local Sunday cup games can look forward to a date at Wembley

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Well, the day has finally arrived.
Thanks for all your messages of good luck, and for those who are camping at the Amex,and will will be watching on the big screen, I hope we put on a good show.
All that's left to do is pack the sandwiches and make the thermos, and I'm off !
Laters
COYP

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I remember supporting Palace in the 1990 cup final - I was a kid and liked the little clubs doing well, this was just after Coventry and Wimbledon, I loved the cup then but wasn't quite up to speed on our rivalry :nono:

I think they'll do well today and fair play to them if they win, we'll just have to come and do the same later

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
is the final really today?
im so couldnt give a toss i didnt realise.

oh well ,hopefully next year the final two will be interesting

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Oh I don't know, this game could be billed as the aristocrat's v thieves

We look very aristocratic don't we .
image.jpeg

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It has , can we do it ? Either way it's gonna be a great day with a early start and late finish . Just getting ready to leave and thought I'd pop on here to get some last minute good luck messages . Speak later win or lose .

It has , can we do it ? Either way it's gonna be a great day with a early start and late finish . Just getting ready to leave and thought I'd pop on here to get some last minute good luck messages . Speak later win or lose .

Can't wait.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Either way I'm not happy, but knowing the Pikeys have had a dismal season they'll be going all out and knowing how useless Manure are at anything I suspect it'll be a win for Palace, not that I'm actually going to watch it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We look very aristocratic don't we .
View attachment 74928

Not even the most dyed in the wool Palace fan could deny that Pardew is an absolute fvcking knob of the highest order and hasn't he just signed a new contract? Oh you boys are going to have some fun times during the duration of that contract, unless he gets a hefty handshake before the end of it.
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here