Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace Petition-Please Sign

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Done, with the following comment,

'Please let them survive, in a weakened state, as I need a football club to hate.'

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Unfortunately I was unable to sign the petition as the statement it makes is based on the premise that the club and the ground are one entity which cannot be divided. As we know all too well this is not the case.

Should the bidding consortium proceed with purchasing the club quite separately from its purely money-motivated bid to buy Selhurst at advantageous terms in order to maximise their potential profit, they will have my full support.

I have already written to my MP and the Prime Minister supporting the club

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Have I got this right....?

The consortium is a group of GENUINE Crystal Palace supporters, who bleed Tango....(...oh, sorry thats the former Chairman), would lay down their lives, money , family and anything else they have, to save their beloved Crystal Palace.........no matter what the cost.....it,s in the blood you see.

But..........wait a minute.............if the adminstrator sells any of the players that they couldn't afford in the first place............they will walk away.

Crocodile tears comes to mind.

This, this and a million times this.

Sounds like they only want the club if it's going to have some good players. Talk about fair weather fans, that's the very definition and why I refuse to show any support for them. If they do pull out because a player is sold or the ground not secured I will have no sympathy whatsoever.

I may be misunderstood but no one seems to have come out in defence of this position that I'm aware of?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Signed, we gotta have a rival to hate! Good luck to 'em.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Done. :thumbsup:

ps Don't you go on a massive spending spree & 'larging it' to all & sundry in the not-too-distant ya hear. I want you to survive: not unscrupulously prosper!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There are no other buyers so he would have to resign and the club would be liquidated.

with fewer costs, once the pain of offloading players is done, see other consortiums come out of the wood work. CPFC 2010 obvious need the ground to get security for their business plan, but thats what gets alot of clubs into trouble in the first place. but if a group accepts playing League one and sets wages accordingly, they can easily afford the rent on the gorund.

D

Deleted User X18H

Will not sign sorry. You cannot pay ridiculous salaries to players with one ultimate goal you want to realize without considering the consequences of your vast overspending.

A sharp shock of having to reform a la Scarborough, Newport County, Aldershot etc is the best way forward in this case. Not forgetting Chester of course.

Lesson then learnt others to take note.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Tried to sign but website banned at work, will do later.

I think this is just brinkmanship though and I am sure it will all work out fine.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tried to sign but website banned at work, will do later.

I think this is just brinkmanship though and I am sure it will all work out fine.

Brinkmanship is the word :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here