Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace Petition-Please Sign

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
there is no deadline other than that imposed by CPFC 2010. this is all PR stunt.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
On a radio interview yesterday, the Adminstrator said that there is no deadline. He will start selling players today if he can't come to an agreement with the consortium. If he sells players the club is less attractive so the consortium may pull out. There are no other buyers so he would have to resign and the club would be liquidated.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
there is no deadline other than that imposed by CPFC 2010. this is all PR stunt.

And it's worked a treat. Got everyone thinking there will be no more palace this time tomorrow and how we 'must all join together as they're our rivals'. If they really were at deaths door I'd be more than happy to help. Bit it's all down to CPFC2010 supposedly refusing to procede without securing the stadium.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
On a radio interview yesterday, the Adminstrator said that there is no deadline. He will start selling players today if he can't come to an agreement with the consortium. If he sells players the club is less attractive so the consortium may pull out. There are no other buyers so he would have to resign and the club would be liquidated.

Should they have to be an 'attractive' club in order for their supposed fan consortium to want to try and save them? "Oh no sorry palace fans we don't want to take over the club now Darren Ambrose has been sold"

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Done, and it was my pleasure to do so.
My comments added on the petition site are reproduced below and for me say it all, hopefully when they see support from as far afield as Australia from a supporter of your arch rivals it might help....

"As a life long fan of Brighton & Hove Albion Football club, whilst I never like to see Palace succeed on the pitch it would be a travesty for this club to go under - we know how it feels and it's all wrong, once again as in our case it's all down to greedy unpricncipled "owners". Please intervene and help save this proud and valid club."

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm very sceptical about all of this.

For starters, unless the consortium gives a massive cash injection they'll need to sell players whatever happens, that's what happens when you haven't got a pot to piss in.

The ground won't be sold to a developer because the council won't give them permission to develop the SP, they've already said they want it to remain a sports ground.

An extension of the first point, they have plenty of players to sell if they need money, there's absolutely no reason for them to just disappear overnight. Even if they sold every player they could just sign a load of free transfers, at least they would still exist.

Lastly, their fans need to start asking questions of this consortium. If they've been kept in the dark this long then something is wrong, get a fans representative alongside them, you might have a clue what's going on then.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
... the Adminstrator said that there is no deadline. He will start selling players today if he can't come to an agreement with the consortium.

That sounds pretty much like a deadline to me.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Have I got this right....?

The consortium is a group of GENUINE Crystal Palace supporters, who bleed Tango....(...oh, sorry thats the former Chairman), would lay down their lives, money , family and anything else they have, to save their beloved Crystal Palace.........no matter what the cost.....it,s in the blood you see.

But..........wait a minute.............if the adminstrator sells any of the players that they couldn't afford in the first place............they will walk away.

Crocodile tears comes to mind.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
756253-2-crocodile-tears.jpg

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Done

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Thanks for your show of support

Do or die day

If we go under me and football are finished.

Fingers crossed.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Signed. I feel a bit dirty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here