Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace F.C.

Billingshurst Eagle said:
Similarly - when a few of us turned up at your away game at Coventry the season before last - your lot went mental - indicating how they were going to kill us all outside - yet outside you're all a bunch of lambs.

And, just to prove how daft you are Storer, the Tractor boys are Ipswich not Norwich their hated rivals:clap2: :clap2:

Nope. All people from East anglia are Tractor Boys,

how do I know - its on the back of my mate's NORWICH shirt:salute:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
roz said:
I remember it well. Since I remember making a surprising number of quotes in it....

But don't be too quick to condemn people for not knowing the intimate details of the Brighton/Palace rivalry. A lot of it took place a good while back and, to be honest, could YOU write a definitive article on it, Richie - off the top of your head? Even in my advanced stage of decrepitude I remember needing to do a deal of research! Because we ran a 3-part series on this very issue in Brighton Rockz the other year. Having just trawled through online version of the mag I've unearthed it from the archives:

HERE

Agree ... remember before then, our rivalry was always with Pompey .... in fact we hated them with equal malice

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Who's one the most games then?:D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:
Who's one the most games then?:D

We have won more games than them

The story so far:-

League
Crystal Palace wins 29
Draws 20
Brighton wins 33

FA Cup
Crystal Palace win 1
Draws 2
Brighton wins 2

More stats

First match Brighton 0-2 Palace Dec25th 1920 Div3
Latest match Brighton 0-0 Palace Mar 25th Div 1
Biggest Palace win 6-0 Feb 11th 1950 Div 3 south
Biggest Brighton win 5-0 Jan 14th 1956 Div 3 south

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Palace fan just said we beat them 6-1/2 once and they beat us 10-0 in the war. :jester:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
fatboy said:
Palace fan just said we beat them 6-1/2 once and they beat us 10-0 in the war. :jester:

You'll probably find if you read the article roz has linked to that he'd be right!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
My stats were from 442 magazine.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
While Crystal Palace remain the team I'd like to see us beat more than any other team, I don't feel hatred towards their club or fans any more if I'm honest. It all seems a bit "contrived" these days, given that we hardly ever play them and given the help some of them have given us towards Falmer, REMF, and even Fans Day.

I'll always hate Pompey more than Palace even though that isn't really a proper rivalry given their obsession with the top team in Hampshire down the road. I just hate their arrogant fans and local media.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
as a young fan who started supporting the albion, i just hate the way your 'all'(general) a bunch of cocky bastards!!! Dont take that too personally its just my experience of palarse fans. its just tradition i guess, you've gotta have your rivals its what makes football football

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Well as far as I'm concerned, the rivalry (& violence) started before the infamous "Challis" game at the Bridge.

I can't explain why, but I've always hated them & my 1st game was 1970.

(Hang on, I've just remembered why I hate them.....they're c***s!)

:lolol:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
is this becoming a monthly topic from fan other thatn palarse or us :rolleyes:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Billingshurst Eagle said:
As seen on TV:
attachment.php

A different view:
attachment.php

Also shown live on Sky TV during Wigan v Palace a couple of years back... which, of course, ended 5-0.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Richie Morris said:

Highlight of the rivalry was when Alan Mullery threw £5 of change in a puddle and shouting 'You're not worth that Palace' before giving the main stand at Selhurst the V sign.

Is that better?

That was at Stamford Bridge you berk!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here