Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace F.C.

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
mabbutts boots said:
At the risk of sounding, well, stupid, can anyone explain why there is so much hatred between our two clubs?
I'm all for friendly rivalry and banter, but why the violence? Surely its better to have a healthy conversation over a few pints then go and enjoy a game of football.
Sensible answers only please, this is a genuine rrequest for informed and intellegent answers.
Thanks.:drink:

Well you are for friendly banter and healthy conversation, others are up for a ruck it ain't rocket science people like differant things, you probably like caravans, gold shiny things, burnt mattresses, inter family breeding and shell suits, I don't.

:salute: :salute:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Highlight of the rivalry was when Alan Mullery threw £5 of change in a puddle and shouting 'You're not worth that Palace' before giving the main stand at Selhurst the V sign.

That’s got me thinking, with inflation you would have thought Pala*se would be worth at least a £10 by now. But no!?!

Caveman scratches head in disbelief!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
:lolol:

The fifth of the encounters between the two clubs in 1976/77 was played out at Selhurst in March, in front of a crowd of almost 29,000. Despite a goal from Andy Rollings, the Albion lost 3-1. The rival chants of “Seagulls!!!” and “Eagles!!!”, “Seaweed!!!” and “Scum!!!” were by now an established part of every supporter’s repertoire.

Billingshurst Eagle

Jan 21, 2004
West Sussex
It was at Stamford Bridge at the 2nd replay and it was infront of the Palace fans beside the dugout.

"Who's up Peter Ward?
Alan, Alan Mullery,
Alan, Alan Mullery"

"He shot, he cum,
all over Mullery's bum,
Peter Ward, Peter Ward"

Funny how you think that we're not your most hated team.................................

when we were invited to Selhurst to promote the first Robert Eaton Memorial game in 2001, seven of us sat amonst the Norwich fans (for it was they who the Scum were playing) in our rather spiffing and spendid blue and white striped shirts.

As soon as the Holmesdale End spotted us, there was continual abuse voiced in our direction to the complete bewilderement of the tractor Boys sitting around us. In fact there was so much "hatred" (hahaha) shown too us that the police came down to us at the end of the game and advised us to cover our shirts up before we left the ground for "your own protection". They were even more bemused when we said that we weren't worried because we were going back to The Woolpack for a few rounds..........:angel:

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Re: Re: Crystal Palace F.C.

you probably like caravans, gold shiny things, burnt mattresses, inter family breeding and shell suits, I don't.

:salute: :salute: [/B][/QUOTE] :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Icy Gull said:
Think you are wrong Dave, I'm pretty sure it was at the Palace end as he walked past them and it was about a fivers worth of loose change thrown on the ground. I seem to recall seeing a picture of it somewhere. Ron Challis was the ref. It was a VERY long time ago and I may well be wrong but that's how I remember it
this is correct !!

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
Caveman said:
:lolol:

The fifth of the encounters between the two clubs in 1976/77 was played out at Selhurst in March, in front of a crowd of almost 29,000. Despite a goal from Andy Rollings, the Albion lost 3-1. The rival chants of “Seagulls!!!” and “Eagles!!!”, “Seaweed!!!” and “Scum!!!” were by now an established part of every supporter’s repertoire.

That was my very first game - brings back the memories as if they were yesterday!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
mabbutts boots said:
At the risk of sounding, well, stupid, can anyone explain why there is so much hatred between our two clubs?
I'm all for friendly rivalry and banter, but why the violence? Surely its better to have a healthy conversation over a few pints then go and enjoy a game of football.
Sensible answers only please, this is a genuine rrequest for informed and intellegent answers.
Thanks.:drink:

Do you like most palace inbreds spend most of your spare time(That chunk of the week when your not signing on) sucking the crap out of hamsters to see if they'll float?

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Re: Re: Crystal Palace F.C.

looney said:
Do you like most palace inbreds spend most of your spare time(That chunk of the week when your not signing on) sucking the crap out of hamsters to see if they'll float?
:clap2: :lolol:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Shut your manmilker TC before I knock the cum crust of your overmustachiod top lip.

Billingshurst Eagle

Jan 21, 2004
West Sussex
Storer68 said:
Funny how you think that we're not your most hated team.................................

when we were invited to Selhurst to promote the first Robert Eaton Memorial game in 2001, seven of us sat amonst the Norwich fans (for it was they who the Scum were playing) in our rather spiffing and spendid blue and white striped shirts.

As soon as the Holmesdale End spotted us, there was continual abuse voiced in our direction to the complete bewilderement of the tractor Boys sitting around us. In fact there was so much "hatred" (hahaha) shown too us that the police came down to us at the end of the game and advised us to cover our shirts up before we left the ground for "your own protection". They were even more bemused when we said that we weren't worried because we were going back to The Woolpack for a few rounds..........:angel:
Similarly - when a few of us turned up at your away game at Coventry the season before last - your lot went mental - indicating how they were going to kill us all outside - yet outside you're all a bunch of lambs.

And, just to prove how daft you are Storer, the Tractor boys are Ipswich not Norwich their hated rivals:clap2: :clap2:

Billingshurst Eagle

Jan 21, 2004
West Sussex
Curious Orange said:
And subsequently led to a "5-0" banner being seen at the Division 1 Play-off final and several subsequent England matches. Who says Palace don't care about us!!!:wave:
As seen on TV:
attachment.php

A different view:
attachment.php

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here