Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal palace beamback

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Those regulations don't apply because the game isn't being shown live on terrestrial or satellite in the UK. The beamback will be picked up from the satellite feed intended to be shown in other countries and that isn't intended for UK domestic viewers.

- - - Updated - - -

read that too quickly :facepalm:

I disagree with that, the regulation applies to a live broadcast not under what circumstances it is being broadcast, there are very few exemptions during the blocked hours and allowing this type of broadcast is not one of them.I hope it happens, maybe insider can satisfy my curiosity.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
There will be a special roped-off area for you so as you don't ruin the day for all the normal people :moo:

I think I will just go to the game as I do not want to ruin it for all the normal people :moo:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I disagree with that, the regulation applies to a live broadcast not under what circumstances it is being broadcast, there are very few exemptions during the blocked hours and allowing this type of broadcast is not one of them.I hope it happens, maybe insider can satisfy my curiosity.

If that is the case why are Saturday 3pm kick off Premier League and Championship matches shown live across mainland Europe and around the globe ? The blackout only applies to the country in which the game is being played as it could affect attendances in other national leagues. In basic terms it isn't being shown on BBC , ITV or Sky and the club will be paying for the rights from the broadcaster to show it as a beamback

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How can you justify £15 per head?

Its not like the club are under any obligation to try to arrange a live beamback of the game, so why should they have to justify anything ? If they manage to get permission then there will clearly be costs involved in laying this on for what will be a relatively limited audience.

£15 doesn't strike me as being overly excessive, but If you think the club are ripping you off by charging it, then give it a swerve. No biggee is it.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I would definitely go, although, I do believe £15 is a bit steep. I was expecting you to say it was free, due to the amount of beer and pies you will sell, but if you insist on charging, £5 sounds more reasonable, and you will definitely get a lot more people in that way.

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
have got ticket myself, but my son will go with friend and his dad.so x 3 please.

- - - Updated - - -

have got ticket myself, but my son will go with friend and his dad.so x 3 please.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
If that is the case why are Saturday 3pm kick off Premier League and Championship matches shown live across mainland Europe and around the globe ? The blackout only applies to the country in which the game is being played as it could affect attendances in other national leagues.

To the first part of your question, national associations decide and the 2nd you answered you own comment.

I misunderstood your 2nd part, it applies to any game thats why you will not see a live game on tv on a saturday in the uk at 3pm from any country

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To the first part of your question, national associations decide and the 2nd you answered you own comment.

I edited my post to add another sentence explaining why it is allowable.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
I edited my post to add another sentence explaining why it is allowable.

No you wrong it is about being transmitted live not under the circumstances it is being broadcast.An exemption would in fact require it to be on fta channels

The following matches may be transmitted during "blocked hours":
a. Matches involving the senior national representative team.
b. Other matches, which, according to national government regulation, are
considered to be of a kind which requires transmission live on free TV.
c. Any other match of national importance.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven

I misunderstood your 2nd part, it applies to any game thats why you will not see a live game on tv on a saturday in the uk at 3pm from any country

And you think that the official club twitter would post the same message about the possibility of a Beamback if it was not possible due to UEFA regulations? I don't think so.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
And you think that the official club twitter would post the same message about the possibility of a Beamback if it was not possible due to UEFA regulations? I don't think so.

Yes because it may stop people thinking about travelling without a ticket.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No you wrong it is about being transmitted live not under the circumstances it is being broadcast.An exemption would in fact require it to be on fta channels

The following matches may be transmitted during "blocked hours":
a. Matches involving the senior national representative team.
b. Other matches, which, according to national government regulation, are
considered to be of a kind which requires transmission live on free TV.
c. Any other match of national importance.

2b. This rule applies to allow cup matches to be shown live on FTA channels. Lets wait for Insider to explain why the regulations don't apply.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
2b. This rule applies to allow cup matches to be shown live on FTA channels. Lets wait for Insider to explain why the regulations don't apply.

Yep i hope he does, as i said before i was just curious as to how they get round this and hope it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here