Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I will support Palace till I die. I was born and raised in Croydon. But my grandfather came from W London and supported the bees, my best mate does too and my uncle claimed he had trials for them (in the 1930's!) And I like standing to watch a game. Don't you?

Fair enough, thought it might be a family connection.

I used to like standing to watch a game but my knees and back don't like it when I stand for too long, I have to walk around when watching my sons play football.
I need a sit down though after climbing 100+ stairs to the West a Stand Upper at the Amex.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think you have been on the sherry if you think a club who struggled to get 13000 at home for midweek games in the Championship with groupon 2 for 1 deals as against Brighton who get 27000 at home for Barnsley the week before Christmas have a support that compares. You judge a club by how the fans rally in the bad times, and well i just point to say York City at home, Orient at home, Chesterfield away, Rochdale away. Palace went missing in action in the Championship. They wouldnt even have had one man and a dog if second from bottom of the football league. Still if you like a few Harry Potters having a barmy time with their drum in the top flight, then its a free country. Personally I think you are either pissed or a very poor judge of a club.

We didn't have 27,000 against Barnsley the week before Christmas though. There were plenty of no shows as anyone who was at the match will testify, which of course rules you out. If I can get to the game from Manchester there's no excuse you not bothering from London, but perhaps the Albion isn't in your blood.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I didn't get that one either.

No...there was a conspiracy theory out that they only made around a thousand so people would continue to get buy the jam to get it.

Did you get the one with the drum kit! That is worth decent money now seemly!

Feb 14, 2010
We didn't have 27,000 against Barnsley the week before Christmas though. There were plenty of no shows as anyone who was at the match will testify, which of course rules you out. If I can get to the game from Manchester there's no excuse you not bothering from London, but perhaps the Albion isn't in your blood.

27000 paid, thats all that counts and that how palace do their attendances as well. Th rest, well, I'm not sure you are Sussex born, bred and had relatives drilling on the Soldstone during WW1 like me and so well, you wouldnt understand.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No...there was a conspiracy theory out that they only made around a thousand so people would continue to get buy the jam to get it.

Did you get the one with the drum kit! That is worth decent money now seemly!

No, I didn't get that one either. We didn't eat so much jam, & had to rely on the Golden Shred jars only.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
27000 paid, thats all that counts and that how palace do their attendances as well. Th rest, well, I'm not sure you are Sussex born, bred and had relatives drilling on the Soldstone during WW1 like me and so well, you wouldnt understand.

Living in the past as always WCP. In the present you're just a non attender. As for 75 grounds, pretty poor given that someone such as me who is not Sussex born and bred has clocked up 117.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
He gave us Murray for free, thats a fact. We will be aiming for higher than your players in January anyway, we need to stay up.

Well it's not actually a fact, Murray was out of contract and a free agent, he wasn't ours to give and chose to go for a contract with a bigger pay packet. I think the fact that Murray had significant debts in excess of £250k to pay off and he got a nice signing on fee was the major factor in him signing for you lot, it's a well known fact he didn't want to leave the Albion but it made financial sense for him personally.

I think what you mean when you talk about aiming for higher players is taller players, big aggressive lumps that can fit into the pulis style.

Feb 14, 2010
Living in the past as always WCP. In the present you're just a non attender. As for 75 grounds, pretty poor given that someone such as me who is not Sussex born and bred has clocked up 117.

You have to be Sussex in the blood and have had the generations tell you the stories about the club to understand the club. You are welcome and you are a fan but you are not Sussex and you probably dont quite understand that Sussex will be Sussex and Sussex wont be druv. You are more than welcome, but you dont understand the Albion, your posts show that. My 70dd was only league grounds but sounds like you have done more than me. Fair play.

Feb 14, 2010
Well it's not actually a fact, Murray was out of contract and a free agent, he wasn't ours to give and chose to go for a contract with a bigger pay packet. I think the fact that Murray had significant debts in excess of £250k to pay off and he got a nice signing on fee was the major factor in him signing for you lot, it's a well known fact he didn't want to leave the Albion but it made financial sense for him personally.

I think what you mean when you talk about aiming for higher players is taller players, big aggressive lumps that can fit into the pulis style.

Murray was Poyets big mistake. He bought barn door CMS instead. With Murray and the midfield of last year, Brighton would likely be in the top flight now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You have to be Sussex in the blood and have had the generations tell you the stories about the club to understand the club. You are welcome and you are a fan but you are not Sussex and you probably dont quite understand that Sussex will be Sussex and Sussex wont be druv. You are more than welcome, but you dont understand the Albion, your posts show that. My 70dd was only league grounds but sounds like you have done more than me. Fair play.

My 117 is league grounds, apart from Wembley and the Millennium stadium. Perhaps you can tell me some of the stories tomorrow at Blackpool. After all, someone with Sussex in their blood will be there instead of being a glory seeker watching Chelsea v Arsenal......wouldn't they?

Feb 14, 2010
My 117 is league grounds, apart from Wembley and the Millennium stadium. Perhaps you can tell me some of the stories tomorrow at Blackpool. After all, someone with Sussex in their blood will be there instead of being a glory seeker watching Chelsea v Arsenal......wouldn't they?

Are you another one who has a dislike about being taken to football with work or going to another club because mates support them. I watch a number of london clubs as that is where I live, and like Danny - Boy, more lower league London clubs at that. Although as Chelsea is great for a night out, then that is a good place to watch a game. Nothing to do with football, just the day out. Not sure you understand that. But no, Im not going to football at all tomorrow. I will share a story tho'. Back in the 60's village/ non pro town football finished before professional football and so many village / non pro town clubs in Sussex used to pop down the Goldstone after their season had finished. No real point to the story, but just some knowledge of the Albion. There are things I know about the Albion that you just don't know by going to Blackpool away.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Are you another one who has a dislike about being taken to football with work or going to another club because mates support them. I watch a number of london clubs as that is where I live, and like Danny - Boy, more lower league London clubs at that. Although as Chelsea is great for a night out, then that is a good place to watch a game. Nothing to do with football, just the day out. Not sure you understand that. But no, Im not going to football at all tomorrow. I will share a story tho'. Back in the 60's village/ non pro town football finished before professional football and so many village / non pro town clubs in Sussex used to pop down the Goldstone after their season had finished. No real point to the story, but just some knowledge of the Albion. There are things I know about the Albion that you just don't know by going to Blackpool away.

Ahh. As suspected, an old Sussex village has lost its idiot and we've now discovered him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here