Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I was pointing out the difference between Brighton and Palace, not me or you - Palace need top flight football for a crowd to turn up, Brighton dont. But just to say that when you have over 75 league grounds on your CV following your team in mainly the lower leagues then your opinion would be worth listening to. But as only 13000 of you turn up to midweek games in the Championship, then I doubt there would be enough of you to fill a taxi if you had Chesterfield away, never mind the 3500/4000 that we took.

Come on man, the Kollective ???

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Having done 47 grounds across all the leagues including conf (my old man is a Carlisle fan) you can understand why I feel fully prepared to call you a hypocritical joke when you prefer watching Chelski v palace in a box over watching Brighton :)

Feb 14, 2010
While you're here WCP, what's your views on the newly formed North Stand Kollective Ultras ?

Should be taken aside by a few Suedeheads and shown what a proper look and swagger is. But at least they dont have a drum. If they turned up with a drum then should be banned for life from the Albion and sent to join your bunch of Harry Potters with their drum.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know a Brighton fan who lives in Manchester who went to watch this match. His verdict -

After watching Tony Pulis version of Anti-football for a drab 90mins vs Man City. I can honestly say if I never see Crystal Palace play again it is probably too soon.
In Palace's position you need to be pragmatic.

You also need footballers to play football.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I know a Brighton fan who lives in Manchester who went to watch this match. His verdict -

After watching Tony Pulis version of Anti-football for a drab 90mins vs Man City. I can honestly say if I never see Crystal Palace play again it is probably too soon.

Nice story bro . As a Brighton fan he probably wouldn't .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Should be taken aside by a few Suedeheads and shown what a proper look and swagger is. But at least they dont have a drum. If they turned up with a drum then should be banned for life from the Albion and sent to join your bunch of Harry Potters with their drum.

Ultras and drums go hand in hand.
You have been warned.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Words cannot describe how mental you are. Chamakh is pure class and has shown that this season. Ulloa is a good Championship striker but Chamakh is so much more. There really is no comparison.

This is the same man who has made 60 appearances in England for 3 different clubs and scored 12 goals and couldnt make the bench for Arsenal in recent times. If I was going to spend money on either I certainly know which one I would pick but you stick with the man who was s..t until Pullis started his route one football.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Having done 47 grounds across all the leagues including conf (my old man is a Carlisle fan) you can understand why I feel fully prepared to call you a hypocritical joke when you prefer watching Chelski v palace in a box over watching Brighton :)
A palace fan who knows who his old man is. mmmmm....really?

:wink:

Feb 14, 2010
Ultras and drums go hand in hand.
You have been warned.

That post just sent a shiver down my spine. I couldnt care less what division we play in or what player you may or may not buy from us, but if any Brighton fan walked in with a drum then I couldnt care less if we had Barcelona in the European Cup, I still wouldnt walk into the ground. Cant see it happening at Brighton thankfully, not under Bloom. he supported BHA as a kid and as he banned goal music, he wont allow a drum, but mate, you know how to cause a minor panic.

Feb 14, 2010

47? Is that all? Just another 30 or so to go before your opinion starts to count then.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
This is the same man who has made 60 appearances in England for 3 different clubs and scored 12 goals and couldnt make the bench for Arsenal in recent times. If I was going to spend money on either I certainly know which one I would pick but you stick with the man who was s..t until Pullis started his route one football.

There's no doubt ulloa is a good player , enjoy him while you can .

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It played into the hands of a big targetman like Edin Dzeko, who was tipped up at 4/1 in the Racing Post to score the first goal. :)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I would be in that old-school group of Brighton fans that can't stand Palace, as anyone who knows me would testify, and they thoroughly ruined my summer.

But if I am being honest, I do currently have some grudging respect for that shower on several levels.

Firstly, the fan thing. They are better fans than us at this particular moment in time. They make more noise, create a better atmosphere, certainly at home and quite possibly away as well. This has actually been the case for a couple of years and all bar Brighton acknowledge this, but there are none so blind as those who will not see. Personally I would much rather be in a ground with 18,000 people making a right racket than 27,000 sitting pretty silent most of the time. Every time.

Secondly, in the bigger picture, I don't want the play-off winners to be mere cannon fodder in the top flight, just as I want young English players to get a chance in the Premier League. Palace were gone for all money, and to even be in with a chance of staying up with this mini-revival under Millen and then Pulis does them great credit. I also couldn't believe the amount of flak Gayle was getting on here for being shit at the start of the season before he had kicked a ball, from people who had never seen him play. The price tag isn't his fault, it probably was too early for him but I'd like to see him do well after coming from non-league a couple of years ago, it's a great story.

Nothing is set in stone, so I hope all this changes. I hope our support at home gets better, theirs gets worse, and that we replace them in the Premier League. I will always think that both us and Watford were better sides last season and would have done better (with all the extra money and signings you would have expected) in the PL, but that's just talk and theory, we will never know.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There's no doubt ulloa is a good player , enjoy him while you can .

That is a problem somebody will come in for him and it depends on the offer and how much TB wants to keep him to help us get into the Premier. I would however take Philips on a 3 month contract to come on for 15 mins ias and when needed.

Feb 14, 2010
Blimey Tooting Gull, if you think a bunch of Harry Potters banging a drum is better than the West Stand in full voice then just spend a game in the away end as I did for Leeds a few years ago, and mate, you judge a support when they play Chesterfield, not Spurs.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey Tooting Gull, if you think a bunch of Harry Potters banging a drum is better than the West Stand in full voice then just spend a game in the away end as I did for Leeds a few years ago, and mate, you judge a support when they play Chesterfield, not Spurs.

I could drive several buses though that argument. But let's just try a couple for starters. Have you ever seen a game at Selhurst in the past couple of years in which you weren't in the middle of Brighton's away support? When is the West Stand ever in 'full voice'? And when did we last play Chesterfield at the Amex?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

He's got a point though.
Most neutrals are saying that the Selhurst atmosphere is the best in the league.
To just pick a random game in your past to prove your view is just silly, it's about consistency, not one off games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No one would pay £10 mill.
No doubt he is a very good player, but lower end Premier teams wouldn't blow their January budget on a forward who hasn't played at that level .
Still think Gus will come sniffing, but not at £10 mill.

Blackburn paid £8m for Jordan Rhodes who was untried in the Premier and values have gone up since then, so I think that £10m is a realistic price for a striker with his
ability and potential. A team near relegation would pay that as it is a small price to pay to stay in the Premier League with its financial rewards.

Did you not pay £7m or thereabouts for an unknown untried striker in GAYLE.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

None of the above is made up in anyway :facepalm:

Feb 14, 2010
I could drive several buses though that argument. But let's just try a couple for starters. Have you ever seen a game at Selhurst in the past couple of years in which you weren't in the middle of Brighton's away support? When is the West Stand ever in 'full voice'? And when did we last play Chesterfield at the Amex?

I think you have been on the sherry if you think a club who struggled to get 13000 at home for midweek games in the Championship with groupon 2 for 1 deals as against Brighton who get 27000 at home for Barnsley the week before Christmas have a support that compares. You judge a club by how the fans rally in the bad times, and well i just point to say York City at home, Orient at home, Chesterfield away, Rochdale away. Palace went missing in action in the Championship. They wouldnt even have had one man and a dog if second from bottom of the football league. Still if you like a few Harry Potters having a barmy time with their drum in the top flight, then its a free country. Personally I think you are either pissed or a very poor judge of a club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here