Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crowded shops - bit of a rant

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
aarrgggh! Just got back from Brighton today, shopping for various things... what a nightmare!

I have major issues with Primark, and Sport Soccer - why is everything jammed so close together, in these stores??

I hardly had space to get past the displays- surely a health and safety issue, in emergency evacuations? - or to look up at / reach stuff on many of the higher shelves - some were way above MY reach (a lanky geeza..)

Also, even though SS had loads of 1/2 price footwear, there were only 6 or so seats to actually sit down and safely try them on- rather than balance on one foot, and get pushed over by other people, trying to squeeze past the displays!

And the queues for the tills were worse- hidden behind other displays, with no clear 'exit' - I had to make a hole in the queue behind me..

Both shops lost sales, and I went elsewhere. (Littlewoods, out of interest - plenty of space there, done deal! (and quite helpful, good looking staff, too!..)

Sort it out shop people!

:censored: :flameboun :flameboun :censored:
:shootself

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
or a cat if you happen to have one on you.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
rather than in the hat, Juan!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
or on the rack!

Last edited:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
despratefan3 said:
what cat? on the rack? or in the hat? lol

other people were getting peeved as well, at the rime.

Sorry, mate, we're just joking and trying to raise our spirits. It ain't worked though!

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
needed new shirts and a belt. got these, some and jeans, elsehere.

had either that fitted me, or in cotton- cheap n nasty polester makes me itch like hell.:censored:

Primark wrte rather drab and fall aprt, but lately has been some interesting stuff there..!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That's the beauty of shift work, never having to go into town on a Saturday. You can't beat swanning around a deserted Churchill Square Mall at 10am on a Tuesday with only a few ladies at lunch and the occasional drug-addled Romanian shoplifter to get in your way.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Primark + Soccer Scene!!! Don't be such a chav. The whole idea of both shops is to pile it high sell it cheap. :jester:

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
despratefan3 said:

I hardly had space to get past the displays- surely a health and safety issue, in emergency evacuations?

With the amount of scoombers in there that might not be such a bad thing :jester:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Try the club shop at Selhurst, no crowds in there, although there might be a rush on the commemerative relegation mugs in a few weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here