Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd Tonight - Under 6,000

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crowd Tonight - Under 6,000

Beach Hut said:
Can you see me as you are so high up with a pair of Binoculars ?

When you stop looking down on us we might try and have a debate.

And no I don't personally abuse you just look down by a country mile.

Your last half-dozen posts directed at me across a range of threads have been nothing but personal jibes. If you have nothing constructive to say, why bother, eh?

There are some interesting ideas in this thread, maybe not from me you feel, fine, but engage with them rather than pathetic jibes.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crowd Tonight - Under 6,000

British Bulldog said:
I was working as I will be on saturday, Had a great day at Millwall though. To be honest LI if work had permitted me to go too all 3 games finances would'nt have allowed it
Well, take more bets out with me then! :D

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crowd Tonight - Under 6,000

London Irish said:
Your last half-dozen posts directed at me across a range of threads have been nothing but personal jibes. If you have nothing constructive to say, why bother, eh?

There are some interesting ideas in this thread, maybe not from me you feel, fine, but engage with them rather than pathetic jibes.

That is the whole point you miss.

It seems what you do in your proffesional life means you look down on many of us as you believe your job defines you as an intellect therefore we are mere minions with little opinion.

You of all people should accept that you will get criticism in what is written.

I am just pointing out the issue that you seem so keen to belittle so many opinions and just kick them into touch with your higher than mighty attitude.

Yes lets debate this further but please do try and be more understanding of many other opinions instead of just hammering them at the first hurdle.

And please don't just give this another throw away line.

Last edited:

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
For me it's not about performance - Until last season I had been to every home game with a few exception for the past ten years, including the wilderness years in Gillingham. I've watched the good, the bad and the downright ugly.

The issue is money, or lack of justification in spending an increasing proportion of it on watching my club.

People write on here that a true fan will watch rain or shine, good or bad - a true supporter. The reality is that the longer prices stay the same fewer and fewer people will go to games.

There is no doubt I will return - irrespective of the standard of football and stadium - but not until I can afford to enjoy watching the club I have grown up with friends who I want to watch with.

The stadium and standard of football is more of an issue for the new and younger generation of supporter who are just emerging into the realisation that there is a local team called BHAFC. They have been brought up on a diet of Sky and wonder stadiums on TV. First impressions count - Withdean on a wet Tuesday night in January mid table leage 1? Impressive.

Yes, blame LDC. But LDC aren't soley responsible for 3000 missing supporters - the situation is far more complex. If it carries on the solution will be provided for us - no more BHAFC to watch.

I am really depressed about the whole circus at the moment. I love this club. I know Falmer is the answer but I am beginning to wonder if it will come in time.

Had to get that off my chest - hated listening to the game on the radio tonight, would rather have been there, but...............

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crowd Tonight - Under 6,000

London Irish said:
Well, take more bets out with me then! :D

Taken in the correct spirit. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crowd Tonight - Under 6,000

Beach Hut said:
That is the whole point you miss.

It seems what you do in your proffesional life means you look down on many of us as you believe your job defines you as an intellect therefore we are mere minions with little opinion.

You of all people should accept that you will get criticism in what is written.

I am just pointing out the issue that you seem so keen to belittle so many opinions and just kick them into touch with your higher than mighty attitude.

Yes lets debate this further but please do try and be more understanding of many other opinions instead of just hammering them at the first hurdle.

And please don't just give this another throw away line.

So I'm not allowed to reply now, in case it might appear a "throwaway" line?

Look, call my opinions shit as much as you want, I put plenty on NSC and some will be worse than others, say WHY they are shit rather than simply calling me a ****. It's the constant pathetic personal jibes that represent the worst of NSC. And even though he doesn't do himself any favours, you are doing the same to Ben's Grandad on other threads right now. It's just f***ing dull.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crowd Tonight - Under 6,000

London Irish said:
So I'm not allowed to reply now, in case it might appear a "throwaway" line?

Look, call my opinions shit as much as you want, I put plenty on NSC and some will be worse than others, say WHY they are shit rather than simply calling me a ****. It's the constant pathetic personal jibes that represent the worst of NSC. And even though he doesn't do himself any favours, you are doing the same to Ben's Grandad on other threads right now. It's just f***ing dull.

So let us go into your mode now shall we ?

When have I called you a **** ? Or does your guilty conscience tell you the put-downs are higher than mighty opinions ?

It might seem very dull to you when your mighty opinion is challenged but hey it's only a message board isn't it ?

BTW BG posted the worst unsubstantiated crap I have ever seen about the play-off money that was retracted but absolutely disgraceful.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ac gull said:
So we got rid of McGhee as the fans were fed up with him - crowd tonight however was below 6,000 - is this a long term trend re everyone thinking we will now be mid table at best

Would have been even less there tonight but for the presence of the random blokes in business casual parading their City & Guilds certificates at half-time.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I expected a bigger crowd to be honest with Wilkins first game at home and Sussex cricket club parading the trophy

Re: Re: Crowd Tonight - Under 6,000

Tom Hark said:
Would have been even less there tonight but for the presence of the random blokes in business casual parading their City & Guilds certificates at half-time.

:lolol: :lolol: Blimey, you hold GRUDGES - we lost 4-1, you didn't miss anything (OK, you did miss McGhee's last home game but I wouldn't have thought you'd be crying about that after all you've said about him :lol: )

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Crowd Tonight - Under 6,000

London Irish said:
:lolol: :lolol: Blimey, you hold GRUDGES - we lost 4-1, you didn't miss anything (OK, you did miss McGhee's last home game but I wouldn't have thought you'd be crying about that after all you've said about him :lol: )

Seems like I might also have missed "Hendo's" last home game. :lol:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Crowd Tonight - Under 6,000

Tom Hark said:
Seems like I might also have missed "Hendo's" last home game. :lol:

:D And as a fully paid-up Kuiperette, you're still whingeing? :lol:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I think Bozza hit's the nail on the head Withdean is the problem unless your a die hard you are unlikely to come when the football is pretty average and your playing teams in the third tear of english football.

Ernest also makes a good point about there being no one in the team who excites, we hav'nt got a Zamora who was a big draw.

Ultimately the football experince at Withdean is not good value for money and peolple will only come if we are riding high in the division.

If that game was played at the Goldstone in the position we are in now I would have expected us to have got about 8500-9000.

We could have been utter crap at the Goldstone but 9 times out of 10 I would still have had a good time with the banter at atmosphere in the old North Stand! Withdean just does not measure up.

There is no quick fix at withdean lets just hope its not for bloody much longer!

Tom Hark said:
Um, that's otherwise known as a MAJORITY, right? :dunce:

Nah, minority, we took a vote at the Crewe game, think you missed it, you were at a wedding or something.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What a rotten depressing time.

Everybody could desperately do with a bit of good news on the Falmer front.

Putting the point across to the Lib Dems on Sunday would be a positive step.

Blame them for the club's continuing incarceration at Withdean.

Self-serving masonic swine that they are.

Don't get mad, get even.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here